Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Beer - prices, brands and shapes over Europe  (Read 14072 times)

Offline ronski

Beer - prices, brands and shapes over Europe
« on: Thursday, March 17, 2016, 05:37:24 AM »
Haha you should be. A beer of 0,5L is between 4 and 5 pounds. But im sure you will have an excellent time.  :)
Hehe I was wondering how you found their prices so high, I didn't notice the same but now I see. In Finland 0,5l basic lager is usually around 5€ ( 4£ ), can easily be over 6€ as well. I always wonder how this country can be so damn alcoholic with these prices :D

Offline Placid-

• View Profile
  • AA: empty
Re: Beer - prices, brands and shapes over Europe
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, March 17, 2016, 05:42:47 AM »
Hehe I was wondering how you found their prices so high, I didn't notice the same but now I see. In Finland 0,5l basic lager is usually around 5€ ( 4£ ), can easily be over 6€ as well. I always wonder how this country can be so damn alcoholic with these prices :D

A few years ago I visited Budapest. A 0,5L beer was only 0,80 to 0,90 euro in a pub.  :)

Offline ronski

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, March 17, 2016, 05:43:36 AM »
A few years ago I visited Budapest. A 0,5L beer was only 0,80 to 0,90 euro in a pub.  :)
* booking flights *

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, March 17, 2016, 06:23:21 AM »
That's in a pub then?
In Estonian pubs beer is around 3-3.5€. In the shop it can be around 1.2€/liter with some good deals. That's the one I usually go for.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ronski

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, March 17, 2016, 06:38:30 AM »
That's in a pub then?
In Estonian pubs beer is around 3-3.5€. In the shop it can be around 1.2€/liter with some good deals. That's the one I usually go for.
Yea in a pub, In shop it's from 2,5 to 3 euros, well the cheapest is around 2 euros but way more expensive than there at the other side of the gulf :) That's why we craft so much beer and booze to Finland from there :D

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, March 17, 2016, 07:00:18 AM »
Beer isn't terribly cheap here either, at least at the pub, I think you pay an average of 3 euros for the smallest one which comes around 0.33 to 0.4, half a liter must be around 4,5 euros in most places...I don't know why they sell some useless small sized portions around here, they started selling some ridiculous 15ml Heineken bottle in the shops o.O .

Offline ronski

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, March 17, 2016, 07:05:47 AM »
Beer isn't terribly cheap here either, at least at the pub, I think you pay an average of 3 euros for the smallest one which comes around 0.33 to 0.4, half a liter must be around 4,5 euros in most places...I don't know why they sell some useless small sized portions around here, they started selling some ridiculous 15ml Heineken bottle in the shops o.O .
lol, we have something in 0.275 cans, then basic 0.33, 0.5, 0.56. The largest one we have is 1 litre can :)

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, March 17, 2016, 07:20:50 AM »
We used to have a 1 liter can, but it was discontinued. Personally I didn't like it either.
I think 0.33l cans can be good if you're slow drinker (I don't have this problem) - you drink your beer before it goes stale. However, smaller than that I don't really get...

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ronski

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, March 17, 2016, 07:32:09 AM »
We used to have a 1 liter can, but it was discontinued. Personally I didn't like it either.
I think 0.33l cans can be good if you're slow drinker (I don't have this problem) - you drink your beer before it goes stale. However, smaller than that I don't really get...
I prefer 0.33's a s well, especially in sauna larger cans than that becomes warm and stale too quickly

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, March 17, 2016, 07:37:49 AM »
I only buy 0.33 bottles or cans of particular beers that don't come in bigger bottles (or the ones that are expensive). Like Orval, Blanche de Namur (does come in 0.5 cans but they're not so common in shops) and other brewes from Belgium.

P.s. man this has become a huuge off-topic.
P.s. 2 now sorted. Hopefully Teddy doesnt mind? We were going wildly off topic ^^'
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 17, 2016, 07:43:49 AM by Koden »

Offline ronski

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, March 17, 2016, 08:04:44 AM »
I only buy 0.33 bottles or cans of particular beers that don't come in bigger bottles (or the ones that are expensive). Like Orval, Blanche de Namur (does come in 0.5 cans but they're not so common in shops) and other brewes from Belgium.

P.s. 2 now sorted. Hopefully Teddy doesnt mind? We were going wildly off topic ^^'
:up: Now we have some serious topic over here! I'd like to visit Czech somedays  :beer:

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, March 17, 2016, 08:33:37 AM »
:up: Now we have some serious topic over here! I'd like to visit Czech somedays  :beer:
I've been told Prague is pretty nice indeed. Plus, the chance to have the local Urquell, seems nice and probably affordable.

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, March 17, 2016, 08:37:45 AM »
Off all the places i've been in Europe, Switzerland is by far the most expensive one. I payed for five beers in a pub 50 CHF, it's like 46 or 47 €'s. It's insanely pricey there, however i 've never been to nordic countries (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden) i've been told that's also quite costly.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, March 17, 2016, 09:09:32 AM »

I was thinking this myself as well, but I guess I'm more of a thinker than a doer (?). It's great you separated this :)

Off all the places i've been in Europe, Switzerland is by far the most expensive one. I payed for five beers in a pub 50 CHF, it's like 46 or 47 €'s. It's insanely pricey there, however i 've never been to nordic countries (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden) i've been told that's also quite costly.
I've been to Iceland (like 7 years ago I think) and it was expensive, but I'm pretty sure it has gone about as expensive here now. It's hard to compare prices from different time periods... the money tends to lose value.

I've hear the Czechs are generally told to be the most beer-drinking country :)
I remember my brother went there around 15 years ago and the beer cost 3 CZK (around 0.11€), but I'd be willing to bet the prices have gone up since then.

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, March 17, 2016, 09:34:10 AM »
The thing is, when you compare the prices over Europe you must have in account the cost of life in that country, here in Lisbon if you pay 5 euros for a beer is pretty expensive since our medium salary it's something like 700/800 euros/month but for a swiss or a nordic guy 5 euros must be cheap since they make 4000/5000 euros/month. I went to Czech Republic 2 years ago in the summer and is really cool, not only culturally but also the booze, the girls are great and the prices are really fair. But i would advise Hungary/Budapest i can't even put it in words... it's simply amazing.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager