Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Banks crisis  (Read 8223 times)

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
Banks crisis
« on: Monday, January 09, 2012, 11:45:20 AM »
I don't exactly about US and other countries in the world (aside of European ones) but here in Italy we're having some kind of bank crisis as they seem to literally "eat" every public aid and especially European central Bank ones - BUT, while their stocks value keeps decreseing they won't lend money. They seems to be professionals in doing that.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Banks crisis
« Reply #1 on: Monday, January 09, 2012, 14:01:29 PM »
Greed makes the economy fail. Unfortunately it's more than any one man can deal with, i.e. our president. There's no way we'll get out of our debt. Once you accept that, you have to keep living life and managing yourself and your property the best you can. That's all anybody can do.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday, January 09, 2012, 14:55:56 PM »
on the  bright side its 2012, the last year of life so live life with your dick out :)

Since day 1.

Offline soupcakes

• no soup for 4 U!
    • View Profile
  • AA: soul
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, February 16, 2012, 15:26:17 PM »
I think our major problem is, that our US dollar isnt backed by shit. It's just printable. We print Millions every couple weeks, and bail out banks and other companies (that are funded by feds) by just printing paper. The more money we print, the less value our dollar has, which is why prices on everything go up each and every year.

Now if we backed the US dollar with gold and silver, prices would stay pretty consistent. The price of things don't really go up, your dollar is just becomes worth less than before.

And looking even deeper into the situation, I (and many others) believe that one day, nobody will want the US dollar. Right now the US dollar is the international currency, meaning, if Russia wants to buy oil from Iran, they have to exchange Russia currency into US dollar, and Iran has to exchange their money into US currency to do the oil trade. Then Iran would have to exchange currencies once again. basically huge hassle for some paper that isn't backed by shit.

Another interesting fact, Major countries of the UN had a meeting last year (leaving America out) and they want to change the world currency to Euro.

Now if that happened (or when), I would expect America to go into another great depression, banks closing and taking the money, ect ect... 

long story short, you should invest in something REAL, like gold or silver...or anything that has some kind of value other than green printed money. would be a good investment in long run.

just my 2 cents.

PS: i dont think 2012 is last year of life, but ironically enough, my bday is on 'dooms day'. 12/21/2012 :)

so you can hang out with me if you want to live  8) lol.

You gotta have a nuclear soul
To melt down all your sorrowful load
And you gotta have a mercury soul
To weigh down any glimmer of gold

Jonnym

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, February 16, 2012, 15:34:26 PM »
We all fucked, the UK is 1 Trillion pounds in debt, and we are only a small country.

We need to wipe the slate clean and start again.
We need to end capitalism, and invent an economic system that does not rely on debt and growth to service that debt. and not communism that creates too much corruption and abuse.

I like to call the system we have now smash and grab capitalism, everyone knows its all a load of bollox and to implode soon so just grab what you can, get as rich as you can while it lasts.
Again were all fucked.
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 16, 2012, 15:37:00 PM by Jonnym »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, February 16, 2012, 15:37:37 PM »
We all fucked, Again were all fucked.

Yup. If a country/government can't fix it, one person won't do anything either. I just ignore this crap and live my life the best I can. Can't live like there will be a disaster tomorrow.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, February 16, 2012, 15:55:35 PM »
I think our major problem is, that our US dollar isnt backed by shit. It's just printable. We print Millions every couple weeks, and bail out banks and other companies (that are funded by feds) by just printing paper. The more money we print, the less value our dollar has, which is why prices on everything go up each and every year.

Now if we backed the US dollar with gold and silver, prices would stay pretty consistent. The price of things don't really go up, your dollar is just becomes worth less than before.

And looking even deeper into the situation, I (and many others) believe that one day, nobody will want the US dollar. Right now the US dollar is the international currency, meaning, if Russia wants to buy oil from Iran, they have to exchange Russia currency into US dollar, and Iran has to exchange their money into US currency to do the oil trade. Then Iran would have to exchange currencies once again. basically huge hassle for some paper that isn't backed by shit.

Another interesting fact, Major countries of the UN had a meeting last year (leaving America out) and they want to change the world currency to Euro.

Now if that happened (or when), I would expect America to go into another great depression, banks closing and taking the money, ect ect... 

long story short, you should invest in something REAL, like gold or silver...or anything that has some kind of value other than green printed money. would be a good investment in long run.

just my 2 cents.

PS: i dont think 2012 is last year of life, but ironically enough, my bday is on 'dooms day'. 12/21/2012 :)

so you can hang out with me if you want to live  8) lol.
A few things.

First, The Euro won't replace the dollar anytime soon if ever seeing as the EU crisis is worse than the one here in the U.S.

second, printing more money doesn't cause inflation, releasing money into the economy does. We have billions of dollars sitting in warehouses ready to be put into the economy when it is needed. Money constantly gets destroyed, so we need to keep putting some back into the economy.

Third, it would be an AWFUL idea to back the dollar with gold and silver again. Look what happened to Greece. The Euro has a fixed exchange rate (which is what the gold standard would be), meaning they cannot devalue their money nor can they print more. This means that even if their economy is going downhill, there is literally no way for them to try to counterbalance it by devaluing or printing more money. There are pros and cons to both sides, but we're better off how we are right now.

Offline Alex

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, February 16, 2012, 15:58:35 PM »
We all fucked, the UK is 1 Trillion pounds in debt, and we are only a small country.

We need to wipe the slate clean and start again.
We need to end capitalism, and invent an economic system that does not rely on debt and growth to service that debt. and not communism that creates too much corruption and abuse.

I like to call the system we have now smash and grab capitalism, everyone knows its all a load of bollox and to implode soon so just grab what you can, get as rich as you can while it lasts.
Again were all fucked.
If you can come up with a better system I'm sure someone will listen. The fact is, capitalism (although technically the U.S. and Euro countries  aren't capitalist, but mixed economies) has been the dominant form of economics for an extremely long time. So far no one has come up with anything better. What makes you think that a better economics system is possible?

Jonnym

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, February 16, 2012, 16:04:12 PM »
Something that does not require constant growth to stop it imploding would be a good start.

Something cannot contantly grown on a planet of fixed size with a finite amount of resources.

Offline Alex

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, February 16, 2012, 16:09:32 PM »
Something that does not require constant growth to stop it imploding would be a good start.

Something cannot contantly grown on a planet of fixed size with a finite amount of resources.
That's a good point, but the economy isn't necessarily based on physical resources. It is also driven by ideas as well as non-physical things. Take the internet for example. The internet is a vast openness that is constantly expanding and anything is pretty much possible. The internet isn't a physical thing. Facebook isn't a physical thing yet is takes in millions of dollars, which helps the economy.

Offline FDG Stitch

• View Profile
    • Fair Dinkum Gamers
« Reply #10 on: Friday, February 17, 2012, 00:38:12 AM »
i'm an Australian, whats a economic crisis?

When Paul Keating (previous Prime Minister) said "this is the recession we need to have" so he forced it.

I think he was The Treasurer at the time
« Last Edit: Friday, February 17, 2012, 00:47:48 AM by FDG Stitch »

Offline Go_Cat75

• Hospital GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday, February 17, 2012, 03:42:00 AM »
When Paul Keating (previous Prime Minister) said "this is the recession we need to have" so he forced it.

I think he was The Treasurer at the time

Probably the reason why we are in such a good position now as the GST hasn't helped.

When Us hit's $1.10 I think I will start buying..

Jonnym

« Reply #12 on: Friday, February 17, 2012, 03:45:14 AM »
Australia, what started out as a british prison colony is now the richest country on earth. Thats an achievement, Fair play!

Offline Go_Cat75

• Hospital GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday, February 17, 2012, 03:52:42 AM »
Australia, what started out as a british prison colony is now the richest country on earth. Thats an achievement, Fair play!

That's only the Tasmanian's the Mainland is all good.  That's why we never built a bridge, stop's them coming over in bulk..

Offline soupcakes

• no soup for 4 U!
    • View Profile
  • AA: soul
« Reply #14 on: Friday, February 17, 2012, 04:23:35 AM »
A few things.

First, The Euro won't replace the dollar anytime soon if ever seeing as the EU crisis is worse than the one here in the U.S.

lawl. alot of countries are already trying to switch from the US dollar to euro or other currencies..

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/the-demise-of-the-dollar-1798175.html

http://standardtimespress.org/?p=137

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/US_dollar_no_longer_accepted_at_Taj_Mahal_and_other_Indian_historical_sites

http://www.thepeoplesvoice.org/TPV3/Voices.php/2011/02/03/mexican-government-successfully-sheds-th

even mexico is starting to reject the US dollar. Research it. (not talking bout watching cnn or fox)

second, printing more money doesn't cause inflation, releasing money into the economy does. We have billions of dollars sitting in warehouses ready to be put into the economy when it is needed. Money constantly gets destroyed, so we need to keep putting some back into the economy.

lawl again. What do you think the point is in printing money? and we put it into the economy when needed?... like, when gas prices go up? food? The more money printed by the federal reserve, the more debt for the country, the more the american's pay, due to your $$ being worth less.

i found this, this breaks it down better that I ever could. http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/it-is-now-mathematically-impossible-to-pay-off-the-u-s-national-debt

The Euro has a fixed exchange rate (which is what the gold standard would be), meaning they cannot devalue their money nor can they print more. This means that even if their economy is going downhill, there is literally no way for them to try to counterbalance it by devaluing or printing more money. There are pros and cons to both sides, but we're better off how we are right now.

Well as history has proven again and again, 'printing' your way out of debt only prolongs the inevitable. I respect your views, but the whole 'lets keep trying a system that has proven failure'... can't comprehend.

You gotta have a nuclear soul
To melt down all your sorrowful load
And you gotta have a mercury soul
To weigh down any glimmer of gold

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager