Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Adobe charging too much?  (Read 5385 times)

cotton

Adobe charging too much?
« on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 21:16:15 PM »
I used to have all the adobe and Macromedia products too.  All illegal of course.  I mean..  But anyways...  It took up so much damn room and I never used em so they went bye bye.

cotton

Adobe charging too much?
« Reply #1 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 22:16:25 PM »
Yeah.  CS4 is like 700 bucks.  What the fuck is that shit!  I don't and will not ever be able to and will never want to buy it for that much.  Fucking crazy.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Adobe charging too much?
« Reply #2 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 22:25:21 PM »
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

cotton

Adobe charging too much?
« Reply #3 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 22:26:59 PM »
No links...  Only talking about the price...

Jared

Adobe charging too much?
« Reply #4 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 23:31:22 PM »
They are actually very cheap. When I was younger I stole my copies I was like fuck that. Then I found out, with one graphic design job I can pay for all of the programs. $700 is very very very cheap to the amount of money you make with the programs.

Also if any of you are on windows and do coding you should look into buying E it is by far better than DW and you can write raw code twice as fast.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Adobe charging too much?
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 00:24:36 AM »
Companies and businesses get certain prices for products from vendors like Adobe. Most of this stuff never makes it to the scene since no one is going to be able to get volume licenses.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
Adobe charging too much?
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 15:26:53 PM »
Then GIMP would be for you. You pay a professional price to use professional tools for a professional job.

cotton

Adobe charging too much?
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 17:23:09 PM »
Or just use a torrent.  But not saying anything.  That would be against the RULES ya know.

Offline Dialects

Adobe charging too much?
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 17:41:55 PM »
Your last three posts are clearly a waste of read.

Why don't you take the doorway?
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Adobe charging too much?
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 21:18:55 PM »
but u see, i use say.. photoshop maybe once in a while for a sig, so i dont make profit from it, 700 is roughly my entire weeks wage as i am currently an apprentice, so no doubt someone in a low end job who uses ps for own reasons should get a cheap version, or perhaps for free with some content cut out?
Ill take this into a real life discussion and a small point about why knowledge should be free, well Ill probably digress too much from that too.

Because in real life, the privileged and rich (usually one entity) are the ones who get all the knowledge and tools to do the work. Unfortunately we don't have everything we need all at our fingertips even though we always draw the overdone conclusion of the internet being information at our fingertips. Is it really at our fingertips? Yes. Can I learn something useful and worthwhile even if its out of my range of socio-economic status? Yes I still can. Can I be a pro at it and will people notice me? You can't get better than with what you have, and if theres something that stops you from growing, your gonna have a gap of knowledge. That gap is what it is that people notice, and that gap is like a passive element for those privileged.

There are many dark secrets to our world that we don't see and need to be digged out. Sad part is that the ones who know it exists always seems to get shot down by retards who dont open their eyes and the ones who have the upper advantage try to demonstrate how the "enlightened" are wrong to preserve the only thing they have going for them.

So what does this have to do with the big guys like Adobe and shit? Theyve got the money, power, and influence to keep what they have in control, in control. Big companys horde information, etc for the benefit of selling it to anyone who is stupid enough or plain just not in the right "range" for moneys, etc. This is starting to sound like some scifi movie where the government or some form of "collective" organization is evil and is out to get all its citizens or something like that. Is it? You can decide. Are there some unknown facts that go on right in our faces and we just don't see them? Ya, all the time, just list a bunch of religious sins and you probably more than halfway there. Can companies/etc charge some ridiculous shit for something that is so global that they could probably buy heaven from god? Holy fucking nigger-cunt, yes. Adobe is rich as a motherfucker and theres a shit ton of other companies that do exactly as they do just because they love see the money counter rolling. I shit you not, they do have a ticking money counter. Kinda like the fat kid who won't stop eating chocolates.

Okay, Ive typed a fucking essay here, but if you wanna read something, read this. They can charge whatever they want. If people want it, they will buy it. Making cut or low-end versions is a waste of time. And also the point about paying a professional price to use professional tools bla bla bla. They dont expect a little consumer to be looking into this stuff so they don't bother with it. They also hate those 13 year old kids that start with this at a young age because those are the influential ones that make them lose money. We fucked up big time when we let the world go to those puritan prudes. We could have been having orgy's all day, but instead we complain about how much some virtual art program costs.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

-1 internetz to myself.

Jared

Adobe charging too much?
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 21:25:03 PM »
i dont get your message at all, I got lost somewhere so are you dissing Adobe or standing up for the price?

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
Adobe charging too much?
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 21:58:34 PM »
We could have been having orgy's all day, but instead we complain about how much some virtual art program costs.

Speak for yourself.

cotton

Adobe charging too much?
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 22:36:39 PM »
i dont get your message at all, I got lost somewhere so are you dissing Adobe or standing up for the price?

I stopped right away...  WAY to much..

-Delta-

Adobe charging too much?
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 22:56:52 PM »
While I kinda agree with you, BlueBlaster. I have to say it's their product, and they can charge what they want. We have a choice not to buy it, it's not like they're forcing anything on you. Adobe wouldn't exist if they didn't make money, and if Adobe didn't exist, then it's a likely possibility that Photoshop wouldn't either. Life isn't fair; people are greedy and usually not nice. But this is how life is, if you want something, then you need to work for it. It's up to you to decide if it's overpriced, and if it is then just don't buy it. If enough people stop buying something and complain that it costs too much, they will have no choice but to lower the price.

Photoshop probably is overpriced, Microsoft doesn't charge anywhere near as much for Windows. And in my opinion Windows is a much more complicated piece of software. But Adobe doesn't have the vast costumer base Windows has, and since Adobe probably doesn't sell millions of copies of Photoshop, they need to charge more per copy.

So guys, if you want a copy of Photoshop, then I suggest you start saving. But there are free alternatives out there, like The Gimp.

Jared

Adobe charging too much?
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 23:48:05 PM »
Adobe sells a ton of products, they have over 70 products, some in which are way more than $700. I started coding in CFML ( cold fusion ) this Adobe Product cost $1,300 dollars for the basic edition. At first I was like yo fuck this, once I made the first site in CFML I payed for the product and could buy it again. The Enterprise edition is $7,499 again it seems like a shit load but its very easy to make this make with profit. Adobe doesn't target kids for their products, they target people that are trying to make a living with it.

Comparing Adobe to Windows is a bad thing, Windows doesn't charge much, because of the deals etc, with companies such as Dell. They are able to get people as consumers without them knowing. Also it's a shit product IMO.

Knowledge I don't think should be free at all. Yes the word might turn easier if it was, but why should I teach you what makes me better than you, and not get paid, when you are my competition going after the same job I am. Most people know that what makes you better than someone else is how good you are at research. Its a simple thing to do, but the person that is better at will go further.

Adobe learn a lot from MX, Illustrator is a big product for Adobe in which they stole from MX, then when Adobe had enough money they bought out MX FreeHand and imported its functions into Illustrator. If you have use Free Hand you will see how Illustrator is a "bad" rendition of it.

Adobe is here for the long run and with its new Air/Flex apps and their movement to make their products even better its always going to be worth the price.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager