Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Resolution changed  (Read 3411 times)

Offline Ganja

Resolution changed
« on: Saturday, April 19, 2014, 09:44:39 AM »
For some reason, after a 5 days break my resolution has changed.

It used to be full screen, with black parts left and right in order to make my screen a square, so people look normal. But now it's widescreen and people look so damn fat and maps look huge.

I have tried several settings, couldn't find it back, any help would be welcome

Online teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Resolution changed
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, April 19, 2014, 10:26:48 AM »
If I'm not mistaken, this would be a graphics driver setting.
Maybe you updated your graphics drivers?

And by the way, having widescreen resolution doesn't really make people look fat if you use the correct aspect ratio. I use a widescreen resolution and everyone looks totally OK, I just can't see so much to the top and bottom of my screen as someone with 4:3 aspect ratio (my thumb when pulling a frag for example).
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Ganja

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, April 19, 2014, 10:32:27 AM »
Hmm yeah I updated drivers, fuck me :/

Any idea what I could do to have fullscreen with black bands in order to have a square screen?

Should I tick widescreen? Advanced FS ? Full screen? Window mode? I have no clue
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 19, 2014, 10:46:41 AM by Ganja »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, April 19, 2014, 13:51:03 PM »
If you play native resolution, you won't get that problem of stretching and distortion.

If you try to use 800x600 with a 1366x768 resolution, it's gonna get stretched.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, April 19, 2014, 13:56:43 PM »
Hmm yeah I updated drivers, fuck me :/

Any idea what I could do to have fullscreen with black bands in order to have a square screen?

Should I tick widescreen? Advanced FS ? Full screen? Window mode? I have no clue
check your monitor setup (Menu button), if you're on a notebook, idk :D
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Ganja

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, April 19, 2014, 14:25:06 PM »
If you play native resolution, you won't get that problem of stretching and distortion.

If you try to use 800x600 with a 1366x768 resolution, it's gonna get stretched.

My desktop reso is 1366x768, but like I said, this ain't a square. What I try to achieve is a square, which I was able to have since ever ...

Offline Mixk

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, April 19, 2014, 15:56:54 PM »
Check your video settings in AA itself. It may have gotten changed. For some reason mine will change from 1024x768 to 1920x1080 occasionally when I go to my desktop and come back to the game.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, April 19, 2014, 16:04:44 PM »
Check your video settings in AA itself. It may have gotten changed. For some reason mine will change from 1024x768 to 1920x1080 occasionally when I go to my desktop and come back to the game.

Well yeah it has changed but don't know how it was before, when I liked it :(

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, April 19, 2014, 17:08:29 PM »
But you don't need a square. Any game running at the native resolution will be fine. The problem comes in when you try to force 800x600 to fullscreen on a screen/monitor that has a different aspect ratio. When you're in AA, just type "setres 1366x768" and it should look fine.

Online teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, April 19, 2014, 17:51:30 PM »
I don't know the exact setting in the drivers (and a quick search didn't reveal it either), but there should be an option to 'fix aspect ratio' or something similar in your graphics driver's control panel. I couldn't find it on mine, but I know there used to be one, maybe they've disabled the option? I don't know.

Also, you might try and see what the changelog says for the new version, maybe there's some info there?
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 19, 2014, 17:56:30 PM by teddy_grizzly_bear »
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Ganja

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, April 19, 2014, 18:39:30 PM »
But you don't need a square. Any game running at the native resolution will be fine. The problem comes in when you try to force 800x600 to fullscreen on a screen/monitor that has a different aspect ratio. When you're in AA, just type "setres 1366x768" and it should look fine.

Well it might be fine for everyone but not for me. Things look way too big, and I have the feeling my pc is struggling with it. I would like to have that square lol, it must be possible right? I had it for 3 years

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, April 19, 2014, 18:47:32 PM »
It will change the FOV angles but it shouldn't be enough to cause fuss over. It really only becomes a problem when you're doing multiple monitors.

Have you actually tried running your native resolution in-game?

There is no resolution that is square as you say, just varying widescreens. The only thing I could think of with bars would be some kind of BIOS or GPU driver control panel setting that doesn't stretch non-native resolutions. For example, 800x600 wouldn't be stretched to fit your 1366x768 screen, it would simply put a 800x600 box inside your screen and fill the rest in with black. Look for something that mentions resolutions and stretching in your control panel.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, April 19, 2014, 19:06:46 PM »
downgrade your graphic driver

Offline Ganja

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, April 19, 2014, 19:23:06 PM »
It will change the FOV angles but it shouldn't be enough to cause fuss over. It really only becomes a problem when you're doing multiple monitors.

Have you actually tried running your native resolution in-game?

There is no resolution that is square as you say, just varying widescreens. The only thing I could think of with bars would be some kind of BIOS or GPU driver control panel setting that doesn't stretch non-native resolutions. For example, 800x600 wouldn't be stretched to fit your 1366x768 screen, it would simply put a 800x600 box inside your screen and fill the rest in with black. Look for something that mentions resolutions and stretching in your control panel.

I've tried already my native res, and it's not cool :/

And yes U got it, I want a lower resolution that doesn't need entire screen, it was more fluent.

I'll try to look for it, thanks guys

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, April 19, 2014, 21:19:56 PM »
I've tried already my native res, and it's not cool :/

You're going to have to adapt some time. Games aren't played at 800x600 or 1024x768 anymore.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager