Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Punkbuster restriction kick  (Read 6529 times)

Offline elementx+

Punkbuster restriction kick
« on: Tuesday, March 01, 2016, 11:57:54 AM »
Hey!

I got this stupid problem where i get kicked for PB: Restricion.
The game was running fine till sunday and for no reason started kicking me with this issue.
Things i tried:
  • Reinstall PB
  • Reinstall game
  • Reapair+Reset AA (most useless thing ever)
  • Run as administrator and do everything again
  • Checked if PB is running correctly (PBa and b are running fine)

Assist gives me an error after my game closes due to the kick which reads as:Communication Failure: PnkbstrB.exe Heartbeats stopped. Then it gives me an option to Fix PB now. After starting the PB fix assist dies in a background and the PB fix finishes without any errors.
I have windows 8.1, but as i said everything was running fine till sunday (i was watching a football stream on my pc while playing at the same time)
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 01, 2016, 12:03:41 PM by elementx+ »

Offline ronski

Re: Punkbuster restriction kick
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, March 01, 2016, 12:10:54 PM »
It must be the football  :rtfm:

When you ran fix pb, were you running app then as administrator?

Did you get exactly the same error then when this started? When you installed the game again from new download, did you extract all the files that .zip file contains?

You can also try to turn your firewall off for troubleshooting, if the issue lays over there.

Offline elementx+

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, March 01, 2016, 12:18:15 PM »
The game was running fine without problems touching my firewall would do nothing, if everything was running fine. Yes i run assist as admin when i tried to fix PB. And why would downloading the game from new download do anything? The game ran smooth without an issues it makes no sense that a newer download would do anything. I will give it a go just because i have no other options...

Thanks for trying to help!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 01, 2016, 12:24:25 PM by elementx+ »

Offline ronski

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, March 01, 2016, 12:29:53 PM »
Well windows updates itself, routers are updating themselves and new download might have newer content on it but good luck....

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, March 01, 2016, 12:42:55 PM »
Since there's no updates to Assist within the past couple of days I find it highly unlikely it's Assist that's broken.

Did you do any Windows updates or something like that yesterday? I've seen it even do that automatically.

Alternatively, I just had a quick google on it (punkbuster isn't only for AA so finding answers on a generic google search is possible) and found 1 answer like this:
Open your Control Panel. Go to Administrative Services. Click on Services while PR is running. Select Punkbuster B, right click, select properties, select the recovery tab and make sure they all say "Restart the service" for all three dropdowns. You can do the same for PB A, but generally speaking, it's the B client that stops responding. Any time you update PB, you may need to re-do this step.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline elementx+

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, March 01, 2016, 12:52:10 PM »
I had no windows updates in the recent 3-4 days, i ll try this restart thing you mention it seems like a good idea. I ll get back to you as soon as tried it. Thanks Teddy

Offline elementx+

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, March 01, 2016, 15:31:54 PM »
Well i ve done the things in your links but did not work. It takes around 40 secs for the game to kick me and my PnkbstrB.exe is still running so what assist says seems to be a lie :D (Hearthbeats stop)
:(

Offline Scorpy

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, March 01, 2016, 15:45:10 PM »
disable virus program...  :up:

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, March 01, 2016, 16:28:19 PM »
Well i ve done the things in your links but did not work. It takes around 40 secs for the game to kick me and my PnkbstrB.exe is still running so what assist says seems to be a lie :D (Hearthbeats stop)
:(
That's not what Assist says, it's what PB says.

Going from what Scorpy said, an update to an antivirus could potentially mess something up, though.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline elementx+

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, March 01, 2016, 18:07:45 PM »
Disabled my virus softer played for a bit and turned it back on to see if it triggers it again, but it did not. so game runs fine now with virus softver on. Thx for the help

Offline ronski

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, March 02, 2016, 00:43:44 AM »
so what did you do then to get it working?

Offline Scorpy

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, March 02, 2016, 03:26:41 AM »
Hearthbeats stop is pb getting stop by virus program, that what i learn 10 years ago in 2.8.5  :P

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager