Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Ports  (Read 11615 times)

Offline Ganja

Ports
« on: Saturday, December 19, 2015, 11:21:44 AM »
I know there's a lot of topics about this already, but I've seen different information depending on the date.

My question is: What ports need to be open just in order to play Assist ?

I'm thinking maybe my ISP has started blocking some ports and I need to reopen them manually.

Offline Pipez0r

Re: Ports
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, December 19, 2015, 12:51:23 PM »
At least UDP 1716 (and 1717)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, December 19, 2015, 19:33:58 PM »
Forwarded Incoming UDP Ports:
1716, 1717

Allowed Outgoing UDP Ports:
20046, 20047, 27900

more about:
http://aao25.com/forum/server-support/running-an-assist-server-ports-ip's/msg11152/#msg11152

if this does not work, let me know. we will find a solution for sure.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, December 20, 2015, 03:32:00 AM »
Forwarded Incoming UDP Ports:
1716, 1717

Allowed Outgoing UDP Ports:
20046, 20047, 27900

more about:
http://aao25.com/forum/server-support/running-an-assist-server-ports-ip's/msg11152/#msg11152

if this does not work, let me know. we will find a solution for sure.

I have tried those already and they didn't work.

On a side note, I'm really happy you could put your personal grudges aside in order to help me.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 20, 2015, 03:39:58 AM by Ganja »

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, December 20, 2015, 05:50:19 AM »
If you describe the issue we might narrow down the cause of it.

Can you log on?
Can you see the Serverlist?
Can you Join a server?
Is there any issues with PB, are you getting kicked?

Offline ronski

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, December 20, 2015, 05:54:27 AM »

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, December 20, 2015, 07:26:45 AM »
it's related to this issue
That issue looks like it related to port forwarding for UDP on gameport+1(Normally 1716+1=1717)

I've seen other players that had it working, then it suddenly stopped, I've seen one possible reason:
1) local computer has a changed IP, making the existing port forwarding stop working. Verify with IPCONFIG in a commandline and compare with the port forwarding in your router.

I see no reason to why an ISP start blocking ports all of a sudden.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, December 20, 2015, 08:15:06 AM »
yes, i also guess this is a problem like above ELiZ did say.

in the past, when you get another ip address, what have you done with the firewall from windows and the port forwarding of your router? did you change it there also? or not?

because i did see you had a lot of ip changes in the past. the last good known ip which did work on your comp was 81.246.239.198 - looged in at swiss servers on 30.11.2015, 21.55.

did you change something after that day? did you change from cable to wifi or vice versa?
something must have forced you computer to change the local address of your comp.
also: do you use DHCP or fix ip address at your router for internal use? i guess you do use DHCP (its a setting option on your router), correct? if so, then you did something that has changed your local ip of your computer. maybe you did instal a new tv, receiver or others?

to solve this:
1. have a look at your comp to see which ip its been used for it. open a dos box and write
ipconfig /all
then you will see your ip address at "IPv4-Adresse" -> this is your local ip

2. go to your router, login and go to the section of NAT or PortForwarding. there you will finde something simular like:
wan: 81.246.239.198
lan (or local): your ip address
starting port (UDP): 1716
ending port (UDP): 1717

but be careful. everything you do change, WRITE IT DOWN TO KNOW what you changed. to have a way back where it was before (fall back).

it this doesnt work, then it could be your windows firewall blocking the ports because of the ip change. but step by step. try above first before trying with windows firewall and let us know if the local ip did change on your comp.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, December 20, 2015, 10:05:32 AM »
Ok I appreciate the feedback, I'll try it as soon as I'm home.

I'm thinking it's my ISP because another player from Belgium has the exact same problem

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, December 20, 2015, 12:02:43 PM »
yes, its [SWISS]Nightguard. he is using wifi and fix cable - sometimes at the same time. guess this problem is also local to fix. but he had no time so far.

i really dont think that your provider is the part - except they did change something with IPv4 and IPv6. this is the only way they can force such a problem i guess. but we will fix this for sure.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #10 on: Monday, December 21, 2015, 09:39:04 AM »
ganja, i did see you playing yesterday evening. i guess the Problem is solved now?
it would be nice for others to have a short feedback about the solution.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #11 on: Monday, December 21, 2015, 09:48:48 AM »
ganja, i did see you playing yesterday evening. i guess the Problem is solved now?
it would be nice for others to have a short feedback about the solution.

I'm at the hospital for the moment. So it's not my home-conection. At home I can't play, I'll keep you infiomed

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #12 on: Monday, December 21, 2015, 16:25:15 PM »
oh,, thank you and all the best for you. i hope you are going good.

Offline Scorpy

« Reply #13 on: Monday, December 21, 2015, 16:56:45 PM »
vatos locos  :D

Offline Ganja

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 15:24:50 PM »
yes, i also guess this is a problem like above ELiZ did say.

in the past, when you get another ip address, what have you done with the firewall from windows and the port forwarding of your router? did you change it there also? or not?

because i did see you had a lot of ip changes in the past. the last good known ip which did work on your comp was 81.246.239.198 - looged in at swiss servers on 30.11.2015, 21.55.

did you change something after that day? did you change from cable to wifi or vice versa?
something must have forced you computer to change the local address of your comp.
also: do you use DHCP or fix ip address at your router for internal use? i guess you do use DHCP (its a setting option on your router), correct? if so, then you did something that has changed your local ip of your computer. maybe you did instal a new tv, receiver or others?

to solve this:
1. have a look at your comp to see which ip its been used for it. open a dos box and write
ipconfig /all
then you will see your ip address at "IPv4-Adresse" -> this is your local ip

2. go to your router, login and go to the section of NAT or PortForwarding. there you will finde something simular like:
wan: 81.246.239.198
lan (or local): your ip address
starting port (UDP): 1716
ending port (UDP): 1717

but be careful. everything you do change, WRITE IT DOWN TO KNOW what you changed. to have a way back where it was before (fall back).

it this doesnt work, then it could be your windows firewall blocking the ports because of the ip change. but step by step. try above first before trying with windows firewall and let us know if the local ip did change on your comp.

Alright so I'm home and did some testing. I have never done anything like port forwarding before. I am using WIFI with my laptop since ever.

There's one thing that might be linked is the fact that I removed my SSD from my computer aproximately at the same time it started bugging, so maybe that caused a new IP? No clue if it's possible.

But I tried forwarding the ports manually and got this:

http://s16.postimg.org/mwgmnwt1x/Sans_titre.png

It is still not working though

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager