Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Ports  (Read 11612 times)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

Re: Ports
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 15:43:49 PM »
sorry, did see you on ts when i logged out.
is your local ip 195.168.1.19 ?

and what is on your router - on the route tab behind. any entries there?

Offline Ganja

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 15:44:53 PM »
sorry, did see you on ts when i logged out.
is your local ip 195.168.1.19 ?

and what is on your router - on the route tab behind. any entries there?

Yes that's my local IP.

I don't see what you mean with your question

Could this be usefull ? http://s24.postimg.org/7nxq5ftit/Sans_titre.png

Edit: this is actually behind router tab :)
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 15:47:13 PM by Ganja »

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 16:47:37 PM »
Try to change your computer internal IP static and then do that port forwarding to it. With having own server and having that red cross it helps, dunno how it would help with this but its good to try. Static IP should be something else than routers dhcp range, usually good to use something like 50.. if your routers addy is 192.168.10.1, then for example good computer IP is 192.168.10.60.

Its in network settings where you see your adapter, right click, properties, ipv4, properties and manual setting.

Also Windows Firewall settings, allow app... or advanced settings, create new rule, port, both: 1716, 1717 (separated with comma)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 17:03:31 PM »
you dont have dhcp enabled, this is good in this case.
you did say you changed your ssd. was the operating system on it?
i guess yes, how did you changed the programs and operating system to the new drive. by restoring a backup or with a tool to copy all data to the new disk?

i do really think now that your windows firewall is blocking the 1717 ports. have a look to it. or do you use another firewall/antivirus software on your comp?

if you dont find it, i will be there tomorrow evening i you wish.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 17:08:07 PM »
you dont have dhcp enabled, this is good in this case.
you did say you changed your ssd. was the operating system on it?
i guess yes, how did you changed the programs and operating system to the new drive. by restoring a backup or with a tool to copy all data to the new disk?

i do really think now that your windows firewall is blocking the 1717 ports. have a look to it. or do you use another firewall/antivirus software on your comp?

if you dont find it, i will be there tomorrow evening i you wish.

I didn't change my SSD. I removed it and put it in my sister's pc and then put it back in mine.

I tried disabling my firewall but it still doesn't work :(

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 17:13:14 PM »
oh, i guess this could be the problem. try to put it in again and start aa2. what happend?
the network adapter and your operation system did change then some parts after starting the disk at your sisters comp.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 17:30:04 PM »
I don't understand what you mean.

To be sure you got me right: I removed the SSD from my laptop and put it in my sister's laptop to check something. But then I put it back in my pc. It's back in my pc now

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, December 23, 2015, 02:03:24 AM »
every comp has its own network adapter. every operationg system is related to the hardware you did install the os with. now you did change the disk with its hw relation from your comp to you sisters comp. guest what could happen? making a mix for your comp and her comp.
this could be the reason you cant start it now.

if you dont have other things except aa2 on your comp (how knows :)), try to reinstall windows and aa2 from scratch. should work then.

Offline ronski

« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, December 23, 2015, 03:15:33 AM »
That could be related into it, but the computer works in every other network properly but not at home. Another guy from Belgium has the same problem. And another computer at Ganjas house has same issue, red crosses at serverlist.

It must be on your network, not on your pc. Either router has somehow updated itself or isp has fckd up. I would call to provider and ask for new IP range, or change the whole provider if they are not willing to help in your issue. It's their service what is not working, your troubleshooting has already proved where the issue is.

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, December 23, 2015, 05:11:02 AM »
Setting up that hdd as secondary hdd shouldnt at least change anything, booting with it could do something..

Try these:
1. Reboot your router. Try then if things work.
2. If that doesnt work, reset your router, with a needle or something small enough for that little hole where reset button is located at. Hold it until all the lights flash. Try assist again.
3. If none of above work, check your proxy settings, and try to disable any proxy (I read this one as best solution in similar topic elsewhere.)

Offline Ganja

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, December 23, 2015, 05:40:23 AM »
Pipezor, I've resetted my router already and nothing changed.

Merlin, like Ronski said, I can't play on any computer of the house, so is it possible that my SSD provoked something for the entire house ? Should I do windows re-install anyway?

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, December 23, 2015, 06:28:29 AM »
I dont believe its that ssd. Did you check that proxy thing?

Write in command prompt:
Ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

Try assist instantly

Offline Ganja

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, December 23, 2015, 06:45:04 AM »
I dont believe its that ssd. Did you check that proxy thing?

Write in command prompt:
Ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

Try assist instantly

Still not working. When I type ipconfig/renew it says: no operation can done on local connexion when the media is disconnected ...

Offline ronski

« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, December 23, 2015, 07:01:54 AM »
Did you Ganja try that fill reset for your router? By pressing the tiny reset button for like 10-30sec?

Do not start re-installing your pc, it has nothing to do with this, you could re-install every pc at your house and you would still have the same issue.

Can you return your router back to its factory-settings and re-build your local network?

Im still pointing my hairy finger at isp, since all of a sudden you and another guy from same country got this error.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, December 23, 2015, 07:03:05 AM »
I did use the back to factory reset button yes and nothing changed

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager