Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: over 78 hours for activation?  (Read 2827 times)

Offline cevlar6

over 78 hours for activation?
« on: Monday, June 06, 2016, 14:59:35 PM »
My brother Syphnato has been waiting on activation for over 78 hours, what is the hold up? we would really like to play some aa2

Offline ronski

Re: over 78 hours for activation?
« Reply #1 on: Monday, June 06, 2016, 15:03:32 PM »
My brother Syphnato has been waiting on activation for over 78 hours, what is the hold up? we would really like to play some aa2
check the inbox, activation process sends a email when the account is activated, it should happen within one hour unless there's connection found to existing account. If the connection is found you will get email of it, so check the inbox and check also the trash bin

Offline cevlar6

« Reply #2 on: Monday, June 06, 2016, 17:11:53 PM »
Neither of us have anything in our inbox, we share a router but have separate pcs

Offline ronski

« Reply #3 on: Monday, June 06, 2016, 17:20:37 PM »
The email he used to create the new account should have recieved a email about the activation, if there is ip link then it will go to manual approval but if there is hw link then it will get denied automatically. If the email is not found from his inbox then it can be at trash / spam folder. What if he mistyped his email account?

Remember that new account needs to be registered with a hw that hasnt been used for Assist before. 1 account per computer rule.

Post a battletracker link to your account and to your brothers account so Admins can check what is this all about

Offline cevlar6

« Reply #4 on: Monday, June 06, 2016, 17:28:09 PM »
I cant find a battletracker for me(187thekid) but not syphnato. he got his email right i can assure that much.

Offline cevlar6

« Reply #5 on: Monday, June 06, 2016, 17:30:50 PM »

Offline ronski

« Reply #6 on: Monday, June 06, 2016, 17:35:07 PM »
So did he use his own computer for registration or yours? This Is all seen in their logs but just to troubleshoot before admins have time to check this out

Offline cevlar6

« Reply #7 on: Monday, June 06, 2016, 17:36:13 PM »
He used his PC.

Offline ronski

« Reply #8 on: Monday, June 06, 2016, 17:39:07 PM »
He used his PC.
Then if these two accounts are not hw linked, but ip is the one that was caught in automatic process then it's pending for a manual approval. Im sure you'll get response from admins in next 24 hours

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 04:39:24 AM »
Sorry for the delay, I was away for a week.

The account is now active.

The email he used to create the new account should have recieved a email about the activation, if there is ip link then it will go to manual approval but if there is hw link then it will get denied automatically.
Not entirely accurate. Both require manual activation since it can be that there is a hardware link without an IP link (the hardware ID is not strictly unique) or even both a HW link and an IP link but to different people/regions. Both of those can be valid new accounts.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ronski

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 05:04:09 AM »
Not entirely accurate. Both require manual activation since it can be that there is a hardware link without an IP link (the hardware ID is not strictly unique) or even both a HW link and an IP link but to different people/regions. Both of those can be valid new accounts.
hmm are you saying if account wont be activated automatically it will always go pending for manual approval? I mean there's no such thing as automatic denial?

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 08:11:44 AM »
hmm are you saying if account wont be activated automatically it will always go pending for manual approval? I mean there's no such thing as automatic denial?
You're correct.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ronski

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 08:46:05 AM »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager