Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Multiple accounts one PC  (Read 2845 times)

Offline CS-ACI-

Multiple accounts one PC
« on: Saturday, February 15, 2014, 17:16:06 PM »
Hello,

Having read several threads here, I thought I would post before attempting anything.

What I want to do comes in two flavors.

1 - my nephew wants to start playing, so he will need his own account.

2 - I have several more accounts I would like to be able to use.

Steve

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Multiple accounts one PC
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, February 15, 2014, 17:19:20 PM »
You can use all the account you have that were registered before the rule was implemented (which was some time summer 2013 I guess).

The rule doesn't let you create a new account on a computer that already has one.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, February 15, 2014, 17:25:01 PM »
1 - Sometimes we allow more than one account, if a good reason is given :) .
2 - If you already have other BT accounts you can use them. We only disallow New accounts for those that already have one.

edit: fasty teddy :P
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline CS-ACI-

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, February 15, 2014, 17:53:39 PM »
Hello,
1 - my nephew wants to start playing, so he will need his own account.
For obvious reasons I protect my account security and due to my previous work with -ACI- I am well aware of the problems with having multiple users on one machine when it comes to linking.

The rule about new accounts, does this apply to to the software, can I install a second Assist on my nephews PC user account?

Or, can he create an account via a second PC ( netbook ) and he can then log in on this PC?

Steve

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, February 15, 2014, 17:57:37 PM »
The only problem you will face is when you create the account on a PC that already has one.

If you create it on another computer, it will be activated. Once it's activated, you can use it on any computer.

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline CS-ACI-

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, February 15, 2014, 18:08:12 PM »
Hello,
The only problem you will face is when you create the account on a PC that already has one.

If you create it on another computer, it will be activated. Once it's activated, you can use it on any computer.
Admin response needed, just for it to be official. I don't want to break any rules.

To be clear here, just another computer.

Steve

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, February 15, 2014, 18:08:46 PM »
If your nephew can access Assist through his windows account theres no need to download everything again, just make a Shortcut to Assist :) .
If he logs from your PC to activate his account, we can activate it, but you will be his "vouch" (w/e). Just Let us know his BT id when ready.
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 15, 2014, 18:10:33 PM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Alex

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, February 15, 2014, 22:20:21 PM »
Hello,Admin response needed, just for it to be official. I don't want to break any rules.

To be clear here, just another computer.

Steve
If it's on another computer we generally allow it.

Offline CS-ACI-

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, February 16, 2014, 01:33:02 AM »
Hello,
If your nephew can access Assist through his windows account theres no need to download everything again, just make a Shortcut to Assist :) .
If he logs from your PC to activate his account, we can activate it, but you will be his "vouch" (w/e). Just Let us know his BT id when ready.

"vouch", yes I know I will be, and he has been made aware of the rules and consequences of doing anything wrong. I'll block youtube on the router end.

I will install his own version of Assist, it keeps both accounts separate then on the PC, not worried about space. Will also give him his own version of AA2.5 as well. So there will be 2 full installs on one machine but in different locations and different profiles. I know that seems long winded but if there are no conflicts it is better that way.

BT, he has BF4 so a BT account I am guessing for that, but you mean one for AA2.5 or can he use the same account?

Steve

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, February 16, 2014, 02:57:06 AM »
Hello,
"vouch", yes I know I will be, and he has been made aware of the rules and consequences of doing anything wrong. I'll block youtube on the router end.

I will install his own version of Assist, it keeps both accounts separate then on the PC, not worried about space. Will also give him his own version of AA2.5 as well. So there will be 2 full installs on one machine but in different locations and different profiles. I know that seems long winded but if there are no conflicts it is better that way.

BT, he has BF4 so a BT account I am guessing for that, but you mean one for AA2.5 or can he use the same account?

Steve

He can use the same account for both games. He just needs to add the AAO Playername under tracker settings and then log in to Assist to request activation.

Offline Alex

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, February 16, 2014, 03:55:04 AM »
So there will be 2 full installs on one machine but in different locations and different profiles. I know that seems long winded but if there are no conflicts it is better that way.
I don't see any logical reason to do this. You're just wasting space on your PC and there is literally no advantage to doing it.

I don't think BT tracks BF4. That's all Origin exclusive stuff.

Offline CS-ACI-

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, February 16, 2014, 04:50:02 AM »
Hello,
I don't see any logical reason to do this. You're just wasting space on your PC and there is literally no advantage to doing it.
I don't think BT tracks BF4. That's all Origin exclusive stuff.
It is good you do not see any logical reason for this, but there is when you think of what I am involved with when it comes to R&D. Yes there are advantages to having it installed this way.

You are correct, but I have created an account over there for him and given him his chosen username for AA which he uses in his other games, sadly console based.

Steve

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager