Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Help, Please  (Read 9134 times)

Offline WickedShooter

Help, Please
« on: Saturday, October 29, 2022, 21:09:53 PM »
I had to reinstall completely, tried to login and couldn't remember my password, so I tried the reset password link a few times and that never worked (never updated the password for Assist app login.)

I know my account was active, because I was logged in a couple of days ago, before I had to reinstall.
Since the password reset never worked, I figured I would create a new account (Assist App says: Account was created "OK", but still needs to be activated), but it's been over an hour so I think the bot that auto approves accounts may not be enabled. Then, I saw that you all haven't reached the October goal for just $60 and I've played this a lot so I figured I should donate, but the Donate link didn't work for me. At that point, I figured I should definitely make a post, in case you all weren't aware.
Paypal Donate Button Response:

Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later.

Please, can anyone verify the link or is it just my system?...

Offline HellB0Y

Re: Help, Please
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, October 30, 2022, 00:07:13 AM »
The PayPal donation link does not appear to be working, it is not just on your end. As for as resetting the password for your Assist login, are you sure that you reset your Assist account password rather than your forum account? (Assist password reset can be found here: https://auth.aa25.org/passreset/).

Also I believe if your account was not auto activated by the bot, you'll have to wait for an administrator to review and manually approve, which shouldn't take more than a day I believe. I recently had a friend go through the same thing whilst installing Assist for the first time and he was up and running the next afternoon!.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, October 30, 2022, 05:31:49 AM »
I had to reinstall completely, tried to login and couldn't remember my password, so I tried the reset password link a few times and that never worked (never updated the password for Assist app login.)

I know my account was active, because I was logged in a couple of days ago, before I had to reinstall.
Since the password reset never worked, I figured I would create a new account (Assist App says: Account was created "OK", but still needs to be activated), but it's been over an hour so I think the bot that auto approves accounts may not be enabled. Then, I saw that you all haven't reached the October goal for just $60 and I've played this a lot so I figured I should donate, but the Donate link didn't work for me. At that point, I figured I should definitely make a post, in case you all weren't aware.
Paypal Donate Button Response:

Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later.

Please, can anyone verify the link or is it just my system?...
Hi!

I see it was pending manual approval, it is approved now. Sorry for the delay.
Regarding Paypal, I am not totally sure, as I was not involved in that. I know Nick is handling the hosting of our auth server, so I suppose he can check.

Enjoy the game!

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 05:25:49 AM »
Also I believe if your account was not auto activated by the bot, you'll have to wait for an administrator to review and manually approve, which shouldn't take more than a day I believe. I recently had a friend go through the same thing whilst installing Assist for the first time and he was up and running the next afternoon!.
Most activations are automatically done by the bot within 10 minutes.

However, if the bot sees that the user is trying to activate their 2nd (or 3rd or so on) account, it'll be flagged for manual activation. This can certainly have false positives, especially because it can link IPs from (up to) a decade ago. And those links don't really mean much today.

I do have automated emails set up for reminders when manual activation is needed. And I try to get to (and usually do) them within 24h. Yesterday was quite the busy day for me, however. So Bart picked up the slack, I suppose :)

<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager