Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: FPS locked at 85fps  (Read 50612 times)

Offline zibi

FPS locked at 85fps
« on: Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 13:09:31 PM »
Hello guys,
I have an ask.
How can I change fps in the game ? .It is blocked for 85 fps and my monitor needs at least 144fps. How to do it ?

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
Re: FPS locked at 85fps
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 13:37:13 PM »
Edit your ArmyOps.ini at the follwing sections and with the following values:
Those lines are already there, just change the values!
You DO NOT get CVAR pb kicks for those changes :) (as long as you stay Inside the values I posted below! don't go too high nor too low.)
[Engine.Player]
ConfiguredInternetSpeed=10001 <- NetSpeed should be high for you to get Past 90 FPS, I had mine as 80000, try it your self to see a lower and better value if needed.
ConfiguredLanSpeed=10001 <- Same as above, changing this ensure it works fine with 25Assist.

[IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]
MaxClientRate=10001 <- Same as NetSpeed, BUT may not have effect Client Side(test your self), I do use it for server config because I don't care :).

[Engine.LevelInfo]
MaxClientFrameRate=999.000000 <-This is the Max FPS You can get in-game (online). Do 144.000000? Remember locking FPS doesn't remove Tearing, only vsync/other syncs do.

[D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice]
DesiredRefreshRate=144 <- This is the Desired Refresh rate, I don't know how it behaves in Borderless windowed, a.k.a. "Advanced SF" in 25Assist Client Settings>Video.
OverrideDesktopRefreshRate=True <- This is to ensure you can get Refresh rate above your desktop rate.

So you have did it all and your FPS is still locked? Type: NetSpeed 10001 (or the value you prefer, max of 80000, min  2700, see explanaition above of why NetSpeed needs to be high) to release your FPS. This Happens because the server set your initial NetSpeed if you have a value higher than the Max in the server config.
« Last Edit: Friday, March 24, 2017, 10:36:22 AM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline zibi

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 18:13:07 PM »
Thank you for reply Possessed.
I did what you told but now I have some lags. My FPS is ok 250-500 on Urban Assault but something lagging. While I running in game I feel like I have 200 ping but ping is ok, stable 20. I changed some of those digits but still the same. I set all to 15000 , 20000, 80000 and nothing. Still lagging. When I set to 2700 my FPS is stable 60.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, June 09, 2016, 19:06:15 PM »
I tested and NetSpeed 10001 IS enough to unlock FPS.
So, ConfiguredInternetSpeed and ConfiguredLanSpeed = 10001
with MaxClientFrameRate=999 and DesiredRefreshRate=144 should be enough for You.

Leave MaxClientRate with default value.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Offline halko

« Reply #4 on: Friday, June 10, 2016, 11:00:54 AM »
Woot! Didn't know that u need to type "netspeed 80000" to unlock. Finally saw what kind of fps I can really get. :D

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday, June 10, 2016, 11:19:48 AM »
Woot! Didn't know that u need to type "netspeed 80000" to unlock. Finally saw what kind of fps I can really get. :D
10001 is enough to release fps past 90. (Along with the other settings), 80000 is what i had for tests at my home server.
Also note, with higher fps, the ping increase a bit, not much.

For anyone that wants to see how much fps you can get on aa2, open a map offline, there fps is unlocked and you dont need to edit anything.

I Edited the main post to avoid confusing ppl about the needed rate and my rates for testing.
« Last Edit: Friday, June 10, 2016, 11:33:10 AM by Possessed »

Offline Placid-

• View Profile
  • AA: empty
« Reply #6 on: Friday, June 10, 2016, 12:23:02 PM »
Does a higher fps make a difference?  I mean higher than 85? If so,  what is different. My fps is between 30 and 85. Not really spectacular lol

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday, June 10, 2016, 13:13:08 PM »
In zibi case, yes.

Offline szmeru

« Reply #8 on: Friday, June 10, 2016, 16:18:07 PM »
i edited the everything as written , and I 'm still in the game 90fps in game menu is 1000+ fps why?

Offline zibi

« Reply #9 on: Friday, June 10, 2016, 18:13:04 PM »
Ok it works ! Thank you.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, June 11, 2016, 03:02:44 AM »
i edited the everything as written , and I 'm still in the game 90fps in game menu is 1000+ fps why?
In the menu there's no map to load so obviously your fps is higher.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, June 11, 2016, 03:12:47 AM »
In the menu there's no map to load so obviously your fps is higher.
Menu it self is a map, different, but it is, and its Offline, so FPS is also 'unlocked' at Menu :).
He must have did something wrong OR I have missed something.

edit: @szmeru, you probably forgot to type: "NetSpeed 10001" at console, Max fps setting is only enabled with netspeed above 10000, otherwise the game limit the fps to 90 by it self.
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 11, 2016, 04:09:54 AM by Possessed »

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, June 11, 2016, 09:43:10 AM »
Menu it self is a map, different, but it is, and its Offline, so FPS is also 'unlocked' at Menu :).
He must have did something wrong OR I have missed something.

edit: @szmeru, you probably forgot to type: "NetSpeed 10001" at console, Max fps setting is only enabled with netspeed above 10000, otherwise the game limit the fps to 90 by it self.
Yes, technically the menu is not different from a map, but the FPS is higher simply because there's not too much to load :)
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline H4wKKK

• View Profile
  • AA: H4wKKK
« Reply #13 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 09:55:05 AM »
I guess i'm stacked to 250 fps now, i can't go above. Any solution?

Offline Galle

« Reply #14 on: Monday, June 13, 2016, 11:08:26 AM »
The human brain can process about 300fps, but most people top out around 200, so i think 250 fps is pretty good  :cool: My average fps in aa25 is around 50 and can get some kills now and then :)

Lasse Kukkonen, is there any better?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager