Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Account activation/login/honor quesion  (Read 1568 times)

Offline Got_It_From_Walmart

Account activation/login/honor quesion
« on: Sunday, April 27, 2014, 23:23:46 PM »
Hello,
I played about 5-6 years ago under the name Got_It_From_Walmart. I used to run in the Midnight Misfits clan with Crazy and Got_It_From_Ebay. Ebay and I were room mates, and had the same IP, and that's all the proof I could offer on that. He (Ebay) said this was up and that it would be cool to join up again, but i can't
1. find the info for my old account anymore
2. do the training, as the client tells me that I need to log in to battletracker, but I don't see the login stuff as shown in the "getting started" page.
3. find an account activation email or anything, so my account might not be fully activated?

My battletracker name is Jebus , or user name Got_It_From_walmart.

This used to be my honor stat I guess.
http://battletracker.com/playerstats/aao/700829/Got_It_From_Walmart/

Any help would be appreciated
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 27, 2014, 23:26:47 PM by Got_It_From_Walmart »

Offline Alex

Re: Account activation/login/honor quesion
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, April 27, 2014, 23:36:27 PM »
Your account was activated so that's not he problem. When assist stars it should ask you to login automatically. It doesn't do that for you? If it doesn't, try hitting the "logout" button at the bottom right and logging back in again. I've never heard of such a problem before.

Also, as for your other account if you still want to try to salvage it (you wouldn't need training that way), the username is "Border buddy" without the quotes if you didn't already know what ti was. You can try every password you know I guess.

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, April 27, 2014, 23:42:18 PM »
I do log in to assist just fine. I've logged in and out a few times and my status shows green on the bottom left (I'd imagine that means online), and the install page has all verified stuff. I tried to do the training, since I guess we have to do that again, and it gives 2 pop ups, one is the re-install AA thing, and the other as a "you're not logged in" message.

I don't remember ever using that "Battle Buddy" username though. I thought it was weird that it my old name was taken by it. I guess I can try to log in using the buddy as the username and my old passwords. thanks for the response!

Offline Alex

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, April 27, 2014, 23:44:34 PM »
I do log in to assist just fine. I've logged in and out a few times and my status shows green on the bottom left (I'd imagine that means online), and the install page has all verified stuff. I tried to do the training, since I guess we have to do that again, and it gives 2 pop ups, one is the re-install AA thing, and the other as a "you're not logged in" message.

I don't remember ever using that "Battle Buddy" username though. I thought it was weird that it my old name was taken by it. I guess I can try to log in using the buddy as the username and my old passwords. thanks for the response!
It's the BT username you had on that account you linked. Your BT username is completely separate from the AA username on your BT profile. A lot of people forgot about this or never realized this so that's why we always suggest it when a user can't access their account. Just click on the user profile of the BT account you linked and see for yourself.

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, April 27, 2014, 23:49:45 PM »
Well awesome! I used my old password from high school and have access to that account! So I guess now that I have my BT account back. What steps should I take next? Sorry for the inexperience!

Offline Alex

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, April 27, 2014, 23:51:16 PM »
Well awesome! I used my old password from high school and have access to that account! So I guess now that I have my BT account back. What steps should I take next? Sorry for the inexperience!
You should be able to play on that account now without doing any training. Hit deploy and join a server.

« Reply #6 on: Monday, April 28, 2014, 00:05:10 AM »
Fantastic! I logged in with the new info just fine. After joining the kiwi death squad, in the client, I see no activity. Can you link to where I can troubleshoot this? I don't want to take more of your time!

Offline Alex

« Reply #7 on: Monday, April 28, 2014, 00:39:06 AM »
What exactly do you mean by you see no activity after you join a server? It doesn't join the server?

« Reply #8 on: Monday, April 28, 2014, 00:48:57 AM »
I've doubleclicked on the server, a brief flash of authorization text stuff, which promptly closes. Small window has a "ready to join" in green letters. The join server button disappears and only the refresh list button is active. Below that it shoes "slot open in (whatever server i clicked on), with a grayed out "click here to close auth slot". other than that, other action. I can click to the next server, and see the countdown timer move down a few seconds, and i see people move in and out of the servers. My incompetence must be astounding at this point! My apologies.

Offline Alex

« Reply #9 on: Monday, April 28, 2014, 00:56:39 AM »
It has nothing to do with incompetence. Once you double click the server you shouldn't have to do anything else. AA should open up and you should join the server. If that's not happening, there's a problem. Go to the installation tab and hit "reset+repair AA" and see if that fixes it.

Also, make sure you don't have a firewall or anti-virus program blocking AA or preventing it from contacting the authorization server.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager