Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Equalizer  (Read 4036 times)

Offline Ganja

Equalizer
« on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 10:44:41 AM »
So I have the feeling I have way too much bass on my headphones, the gunshots all sound like bazookas in my ears and even the ambient sound sounds strange.

I was told to download an equalizer but I have no clue how all these things work. Couldn't even find one.

My soundcard seems to be:  Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset High Definition Audio

Any idea?

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

Re: Equalizer
« Reply #1 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 11:14:54 AM »
maybe try this. dont know it, but it is a software equalizer. i have no access to try that, but it is called smart audio equalizer. if this link isnt that, search the net for smart audio equalizer.

http://en.softonic.com/s/smart-audio-equalizer 

or this one (search the net):
RoMac Basic Equalizer 1.1
« Last Edit: Monday, March 24, 2014, 11:22:46 AM by [SWISS]Merlin »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #2 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 12:55:14 PM »
Just realized I had smart audio on my pc, but can't find where i can reduce the bass, anyone uses it also?

Offline krIz+

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 14:04:38 PM »
omg sound twikZZ!!!!

tbh you can buy on ebay some xfi audiocard for like 15$, its enough for gaming and there is lots of options

Offline Ganja

« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 14:07:59 PM »
Lol I don't wanna pay, I just want to reduce the goddam bass

Offline Bart!

« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 14:30:29 PM »
Not all simple soundcards can. It also depends on the headset you got, for example my Sennheiser HD201 got a lot more bass compared to my Icemat Siberia headset.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #6 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 15:07:42 PM »
Alright nevermind then. I thought it would be a simple click somewhere

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #7 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 16:50:02 PM »
Sennheiser HD201
w00t, I got the exact same headphones :D
I wouldn't know if it has more bass than normal though, I must be deaf :)

And I got some onboard soundcard and have Realtek HD Audio Manager for equalizer settings.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #8 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 17:18:56 PM »
Alright nevermind then. I thought it would be a simple click somewhere

lazy dog, I just did search for you - and you did not klick. lol, sad and your prob - for free and would work, but you should klick.

so if you ask and get some support, maybe say thanks and enjoy, not oh I forgot....the wrong one

this all I really running out of  ... everything.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #9 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 17:46:01 PM »
Yes I clicked on it, and it was an equilizer, but apparently I have already one so I dont see the point of downloading another one.

I realized these things were too complicated for such a small change

Anyway THANK YOU MERLIN FOR YOUR RESEARCH

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #10 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 18:23:09 PM »
you are very welcome in deed ganja.
just try the other one, there you can select bass.....and all for free.
just try it.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 16:09:54 PM »
I can't think of a fix better than a decent pair of headphones. Which will also let you listen *everything* better, not just games shooting and such. As of now, gaming wise i use a pair of Koss ksc75. Comfortable, light, decent (and bright, not too bassy) sounding and cheap too (must be around 20$ or 15/20 euros), easily driven even by a smartphone (which means you can get a good volume along with a pretty decent sound, overall).

Offline krIz+

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, March 26, 2014, 18:43:23 PM »
I can't think of a fix better than a decent pair of headphones. Which will also let you listen *everything* better, not just games shooting and such. As of now, gaming wise i use a pair of Koss ksc75. Comfortable, light, decent (and bright, not too bassy) sounding and cheap too (must be around 20$ or 15/20 euros), easily driven even by a smartphone (which means you can get a good volume along with a pretty decent sound, overall).
aa2 has way too much bass. as i said its best to buy some used xfi, problem solved

Offline caelum

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, March 26, 2014, 20:35:17 PM »
EqualizerAPO, can do anything..

Offline Bart!

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, March 27, 2014, 02:33:40 AM »
aa2 has way too much bass. as i said its best to buy some used xfi, problem solved
That's why I had an icemat siberia before.

Teddy, the HD201 doesn't have a lot more bass, but the siberia almost had none, it was like perfect for AA2. If you watch videos of LANs you saw a lot of people had this headset. Actually when I was at LAN @ Antwerp I beleive almost all polish players had the same headset.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager