Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Downloading  (Read 17927 times)

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Downloading
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 06:02:03 AM »
I have already full control of all the folders
Are you running the installer as an administrator, tho? (I.e right click and "Run as administrator")
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline WraShadow

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 07:47:41 AM »
He doesnt speak Windows lol, chmod would mean changing file privileges by hand and sudo install would mean basically the same as running installer file as administrator.
For some reason, I thought the screenshots were on Lubuntu lol

Open any folder on your computer, in the address bar type %appdata% then press enter, go to 25Assist and check if you have permissions there. If you do, see if you have a folder inside named armyops

» Checkout my Illustration Gallery on the forums
» Checkout my WIP Behancé Gallery

Offline ronski

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 07:55:07 AM »

Open any folder on your computer, in the address bar type %appdata% then press enter, go to 25Assist and check if you have permissions there. If you do, see if you have a folder inside named armyops
I cant blame you, it's difficult for me as well to lower myself to Windows level while being so comfortable with iOS

Offline Amerone27

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 06:55:57 AM »

Yea bro i can see that file!

What should i do then?

« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 10:43:14 AM by Amerone27 »

Offline WraShadow

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 15:18:08 PM »
Sorry, I was hoping it was failing there so I knew what was going on. I have no idea as of now. If anything comes to mind, I'll update. Hopefully you'll be able to figure it out by then. Cheers

» Checkout my Illustration Gallery on the forums
» Checkout my WIP Behancé Gallery

Offline Amerone27

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 18:36:26 PM »
Sorry, I was hoping it was failing there so I knew what was going on. I have no idea as of now. If anything comes to mind, I'll update. Hopefully you'll be able to figure it out by then. Cheers

Well thank you so much for trying help me bro :D

Offline Amerone27

« Reply #21 on: Monday, February 27, 2017, 17:41:26 PM »
STILL NO SOLUTION?!!

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #22 on: Monday, February 27, 2017, 19:02:22 PM »
There may be some problem with downloading stuff from the SourceForge Mirror.
Run this script: http://aao25.com/assistdl/Data/25Assist_Download_From_AAO25.com_v0_2.bat
edit 21/06/2018, fixed requesting admin privileges (duck win 10).
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 21, 2018, 20:04:28 PM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline mastershoden

• View Profile
  • AA: Shoden
« Reply #23 on: Monday, December 05, 2022, 18:19:59 PM »
Having this same issue, that script no longer works. Downloading from the link on this site, I did extract and enable administrator but for some reason I notice the subfolders cannot be taken off of read-only. I can uncheck read-only and go through the prompts, hit apply and ok but if I check properties immediately after its back on read-only.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, December 06, 2022, 04:18:28 AM »
Having this same issue, that script no longer works. Downloading from the link on this site, I did extract and enable administrator but for some reason I notice the subfolders cannot be taken off of read-only. I can uncheck read-only and go through the prompts, hit apply and ok but if I check properties immediately after its back on read-only.
Did you try using the bat file in the post above yours?

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline mastershoden

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, December 07, 2022, 00:33:29 AM »
Yes, it does nothing on chrome and fails on edge

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, December 07, 2022, 08:45:36 AM »
Yes, it does nothing on chrome and fails on edge
Yeah, it's because Chrome is trying to protect you from this (potentially) malicious script.

And this is generally a good thing, you don't want to download and run random .bat files off the internet. They can do anything to your PC, from wiping everything to holding your data hostage and everything in between.

So it's a good idea to check - it is a simple text file after all - (or have someone you trust check) what a particular script does before running it.

With that said, if you want download and run this file:
Right click on link -> Save Link As
When it downloads, it complains that it cannot be downloaded safely, if you want to keep it, press Keep.

You should be able to double click on it to run the file.

PS:
I've fed the contents into OpenAI's ChaGPT and this is what it says this does:
This batch file is used to download something from the website "AAO25.com" using the program 25Assist. It first checks for the existence of an older backup settings file, and if it exists, it deletes it. It then checks for the existence of a current settings file and, if it exists, backs it up by renaming it and then deleting the current settings file. It then replaces all instances of "Sourceforge" with "AAO25.com" in the backed up settings file and saves the result. Finally, it displays a message saying "ALL DONE!!!!" and exits.

Offline mastershoden

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, December 08, 2022, 02:13:58 AM »
Tried that, doesn't do anything dunno what else to do wanted to give old AA a try again after forever but guess it aint in the cards. Thanks for trying to help

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager