Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Donations / In Game Icon  (Read 2558 times)

Offline [Medic]_Sakrificer

Donations / In Game Icon
« on: Thursday, November 20, 2014, 18:07:10 PM »
Sup everyone, I have been browsing these forums for a bit now and just decided to finally create an account.

I see the donations on the right, appears there hasn't been any for the month? Here is my question.

With the in game icon, What is the required donations to obtain this little jewel?
Do the advertisements really disappear?

What happens if your donations do not come in, are their worries of the server being shut down? I ask this because I have no issues with donating but with 20 days of the month already gone and few left to get to the desired contribution goal what happens if you do not get there?

Does the in game icon disappear a month after you donate?

What are the thoughts of all this. Hit me up.

[Medic]_Sakrificer
[Medic]_Sakrificer
Original member of the [Medic] clan.. still unable to shoot the broadside of a barn but enjoy the playtime all the same. Find me... Shoot me.. and then Die!

Offline Alex

Re: Donations / In Game Icon
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, November 20, 2014, 22:18:28 PM »
Don't worry, we're not in any danger of shutting down. When we first rolled out the donation tracker we got enough donations for over a year of server costs. That, plus we'd cover any costs for server space ourselves if we ran out of donation money.

As for the icon, you get it if you give a donation of $20 or up.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, November 20, 2014, 22:58:25 PM »
Don't worry, we're not in any danger of shutting down. When we first rolled out the donation tracker we got enough donations for over a year of server costs. That, plus we'd cover any costs for server space ourselves if we ran out of donation money.

As for the icon, you get it if you give a donation of $20 or up.

good to hear

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #3 on: Friday, November 21, 2014, 01:36:57 AM »
And the icon stays with you for as long as you play :)

And we thank you for your concern as well as your recent donation!

EDIT:
And now that I checked, according to our treasury, in donations we got $100 last month (with 50CAD additionally pending), $40 the month before, $130 in August and  $55 in July.
« Last Edit: Friday, November 21, 2014, 01:53:11 AM by teddy_grizzly_bear »
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #4 on: Friday, November 21, 2014, 07:35:50 AM »
Too much for the icon, doesn't give you any benefits dont you think just for the icon? Considerable with other games.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #5 on: Friday, November 21, 2014, 07:58:58 AM »
Too much for the icon, doesn't give you any benefits dont you think just for the icon? Considerable with other games.
You really should try to express yourself more clearly. I had to read it a bunch of times to understand what you (possibly) meant.
From what I gathered you think a donor icon should be given for less than $20 donations and that it would then be comparable to other games. (I think)

Well, the only reason donors get an icon is so they can show others they care for the game enough to donate their own hard earned money to it's survival. It's nothing more than that. If there were, we'd be selling something, which we definitely don't want to do.

And you can't compare donations to most games. Most games are not run by donations. They're run by big companies who actually sell their game (or have a lot of money anyway, like AA and the US Army).
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #6 on: Friday, November 21, 2014, 10:13:54 AM »
I meant its too much for the icon, I have not seen a game forum having an icon that costs that much. You don't need to pay that much to show how much you care about the game, $10 would be more suitable neverless the icon doesn't give you anything. It only shows like you say but attracts attention for only few players looking at your icon. Actually I received more hateful comments for donating and caring.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday, November 21, 2014, 22:06:31 PM »
Actually I received more hateful comments for donating and caring.

I never once heard 1 bad comment about the donation icon while in game and I've had mine for awhile now.

« Reply #8 on: Friday, November 21, 2014, 23:43:29 PM »
I appreciate the return comments and I guess my concerns are all cleared up. I love playing specifically SFHospital and I was bummed when AAO took the beloved map away and then messed with all of the core abilities and turned the game into what it is today.

I am glad you guys are doing what you are, I will try and donate monthly, even if it is $5 here and $15 there, etc.

On another note, did I donate for the icon? Yes and No, to me it was two fold, I'd like others to know that to show their love for the game they can donate and having the icon gets others to ask "Hey, how did you get the icon?" and two it shows appreciating from you all to us that donate... the difference is not in what you donate but that you do IF you can.

Im sure if I was to get bad comments in reference to the icon I could ask for it to be removed. Atleast this time I actually got my icon, back in the day to get my Army star I had to send in my DD214 and I still haven't gotten that one. I finally gave up.

Hooah's to all of you and thank you.

[Medic]_Sakrificer
[Medic]_Sakrificer
Original member of the [Medic] clan.. still unable to shoot the broadside of a barn but enjoy the playtime all the same. Find me... Shoot me.. and then Die!

« Reply #9 on: Friday, November 21, 2014, 23:59:15 PM »
What by the way is up with the Black Icons I see?
[Medic]_Sakrificer

Offline Alex

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, November 22, 2014, 00:03:58 AM »
What by the way is up with the Black Icons I see?
The black icons are for people with 100+ honor.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager