Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Do you play for the game ore the points  (Read 4299 times)

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
Do you play for the game ore the points
« on: Friday, October 24, 2014, 12:42:24 PM »
I will play np. its not the points that are interesting, but the good interaction whit players in game and friends in clan`s
So for me Assist for ever. :makemyday:

Offline mii2.GoldenHawk

Re: Do you play for the game ore the points
« Reply #1 on: Friday, October 24, 2014, 13:31:47 PM »
The Dutch Maniacs want AA & Battletracker :up:

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday, October 24, 2014, 14:17:11 PM »
Points? Overrated. I would rather care for a good interaction with the people ingame as you said, Vanoke.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #3 on: Friday, October 24, 2014, 17:18:53 PM »
I want and I have my tracking back :D
and I don't care if anybody does say he is not here for being tracked :)
I am here for that, tbh

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday, October 24, 2014, 17:23:40 PM »
unlike alot of players i play for fun the way the game was meant to be played

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #5 on: Friday, October 24, 2014, 18:32:41 PM »
sure, therefor wasn't made the tracking system, right? look at aa3, aapg - all is about honors.
even on other games you have to PAY for takeing better guns and shit like that.

but I like it very much to see players who did say I am not here for honor or frags,  while playing, camping like scared bitches :)

this doesn't mean that I do not like playing with friends for fun, sure not.
« Last Edit: Friday, October 24, 2014, 18:35:18 PM by [SWISS]Merlin »

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #6 on: Friday, October 24, 2014, 18:55:16 PM »
About honor i have my thinking : way do you get honor by killing !
I would say you get honor when you gif medic ore bring the Obj back whit out so less possible killing adder players!!!
Crazy thinking world!????

sure, therefor wasn't made the tracking system, right? look at aa3, aapg - all is about honors.
even on other games you have to PAY for takeing better guns and shit like that.

but I like it very much to see players who did say I am not here for honor or frags,  while playing, camping like scared bitches :)

this doesn't mean that I do not like playing with friends for fun, sure not.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday, October 24, 2014, 19:15:07 PM »
About honor i have my thinking : why do you get honor by killing !
I would say you get honor when you give medic or bring the Obj back without so less possible killing adder players!!!
Crazy thinking world!????

There's a major note to be done for that matter in this game, helping out a mate as a medic will stop the bleeding and if i recall correctly you can only help a few mates, in aapg you can literally revive people (who will then have 25 health points) once or twice (depending on the server setting) and you can revive as many people as you'd like to and as much as you want to. There's a much different use for a combat medic in AA2 than in AAPG, and as a medic on AAPG you can make a night&day difference while on AA2 you'll hardly will.

Of course this doesn't meant that any of said games sports the right approach. They're just different games with a different gameplay.
« Last Edit: Friday, October 24, 2014, 19:18:43 PM by Koden »

Offline MrEpicGoat

• View Profile
  • AA: epic!
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 01:38:47 AM »
I always play for points. Points are the only way to objectively compare you against other players. Without points it would be pointless to play at all.

Offline M@dness

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 02:05:03 AM »
i dont feel the need to compare myself . i am 43 years old , those  childish games are gone for me , being killed in this game currently more to do with luck or not to be honest . u can be killed by a 10 honour noob as well as a 130 pro . how can tha lead to any kind of comparison . it is teamwork that counts and that  ( unless u are in a clan ) is a rare thing on the aa battlefield nowadays . i like shooting things , i guess though if it was just shooting i was interested in i could (and do) play hunting games  or target games , but i love the strategy  of it , the teamwork , and above all the camaraderie of my clan mates and rivalry of my "enemies" . these  are things that  , for me at least , cannot be compared .
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 02:08:41 AM by M@dness »
----Tempus fugit mors venit----

Offline M@dness

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 02:07:12 AM »
origanally this game was created as a platform to allow the public a look and "feel" experience of being a soldier . and therefore was based around the americain army ethos . honour was gained not so much by killing but  by completing a full set . i.e medic , objectives,  teamwork and killing ur enemy .. in doing all of these things u had no option but to play and interact with people u didnt really know , forcing teamwork .. as merlin said for most things in life, people do things for reward . and in this game the reward is points . that is all normal . but having played it  since Christmas 2002 i went through the whole honour thing and then i stopped playing . like others i was real happy to see that the guys at aao25 had managed to bring us a  game, i thought was dead . i play now only for fun and interaction with my team-mates and the community a large . i dont care about points  and still try to play the way we did originally , lmao i guess that why my fr is 0.39 haha its like the fish swimming against the tide , getting nowhere , so for the love of the game and for the new people i meet every day , HOOAH! . ed
----Tempus fugit mors venit----

Offline Dialects

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 07:36:20 AM »
Friendship and interactivity is what pushes me to play this game. It hasn't always been this way in the past though as time moves on --and age sums up-- the performing factor of this game becomes less and less appealing. Still, however little of significance as points may hold they still play a crucial part in this game, perhaps moreso than we'd like to accept at times.

What I suggest is; try and be of help to your team, help either eliminate the OPFOR or secure OBJ. If you do this points will eventually come your way...and you won't have noticed how well/bad you played. If you can keep away from frustration and expectation then you'll be sure to exceed in both your pre-emptive tactical approach as well as degree of concentration!
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline CS-ACI-

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, October 26, 2014, 03:21:25 AM »
Hello,

If/when I get a chance too play it is for the game.

But I do like the points to show those that have played from those that have not, I am not a points whore.

Steve

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, October 26, 2014, 08:04:36 AM »
so switch off the tracker and wait 10 days. then you all will know the reason why this game is played - except you 5 heroes :)

Offline Ganja

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, October 26, 2014, 08:13:26 AM »
If you play game for fun, you're a hero :D

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager