Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Critical errors  (Read 2409 times)

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
Critical errors
« on: Monday, February 08, 2016, 14:02:43 PM »
Did speak some guys now and they say they see alot guy get crittical errors on several servers
 and it happend me to 2 times now. and som members to  :o

Offline Ganja

Re: Critical errors
« Reply #1 on: Monday, February 08, 2016, 14:04:53 PM »
Yes it happens ...

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #2 on: Monday, February 08, 2016, 15:51:57 PM »
This is an old game full of bugs. It will crash every now and then.
Unless you can't play at all or it's happening at exactly the same place each time, it's nothing to worry about.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #3 on: Monday, February 08, 2016, 15:55:38 PM »
sombuddy did came in in my server and told me that on other server they had the same that i had for a moment 5 a 6 guys 5 minuts priore . so it was not only my server!

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday, February 08, 2016, 16:56:50 PM »
Like I said, these things happen every now and then. At least 90% of the time it has nothing to do with the server.

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ronski

« Reply #5 on: Monday, February 08, 2016, 17:00:13 PM »
For some reason it seems you get easier CE's at Weapons Cache than in other maps. Also Pball and barrel physics are causing crashes ( not CE's though )

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #6 on: Monday, February 08, 2016, 17:41:17 PM »
I dont know in which aa version there was a problem for some players to use the setting "reduce mouse lag".. it caused ce's.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, February 09, 2016, 01:38:02 AM »
For some reason it seems you get easier CE's at Weapons Cache than in other maps. Also Pball and barrel physics are causing crashes ( not CE's though )
I know that at some point it was extremely difficult to even jon WC because of the CEs... And the engine isn't really fully ready for the kind of physics implemented on Pball IMHO.

Offline ronski

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, February 09, 2016, 01:46:47 AM »
I know that at some point it was extremely difficult to even jon WC because of the CEs... And the engine isn't really fully ready for the kind of physics implemented on Pball IMHO.
Yes there at WC you get that CE mostly while joining, playeradmins needs to be ready to kick UserNames out, otherwise there might be several UserNames at playerlist causing issues for those who got CE and others can't join either.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, February 09, 2016, 02:36:16 AM »
Weeeell...I think PBall physics made for a lot of issues on the linux/mac versions, but Ron is actually running the game through Wine (am I right?) and that's gonna make for some more issues, potentially :D

Offline ronski

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, February 09, 2016, 03:24:15 AM »
Weeeell...I think PBall physics made for a lot of issues on the linux/mac versions, but Ron is actually running the game through Wine (am I right?) and that's gonna make for some more issues, potentially :D
I have played the map wit my mac and shot barrels as well, could it be server side problem, physics at windows server vs linux server?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager