Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Crashing after macOS Mojave update  (Read 9193 times)

Offline [USF]Arianartizan

Crashing after macOS Mojave update
« on: Wednesday, January 08, 2020, 12:55:29 PM »
Guys I really need some help here.
I updated the mac at my office to:

macOS Mojave
Version 10.14.6

Mac Pro (Late 2013)
Processor 3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5
Memory 64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Startup Disk Macintosh HD
Graphics AMD FirePro D500 3 GB

(clearly no shortage of memory one bit)

Since that update, I've not been able to load the game. What happens is, I select "Join Server" Assist does what it has to, I OK everything, and as soon as it goes to load Full Screen, it crashes. The text below is the report I get. I've since found the .ini files and removed them etc but nothing changes.

Can someone help out? And dont be a smart ass and tell me to use PC because Im not buying a PC just to play this game.

Error Info Below;

Build AmericasArmy_Build_[2004-06-01_02.01.01]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 3000 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: Direct3D HAL (6)

Error setting display mode: CreateDevice failed (D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY). Please delete your armyops.ini file if this error prevents you from starting the game.

History: UD3DRenderDevice::UnSetRes <- CreateDevice <- UD3DRenderDevice::SetRes <- UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 706D7564 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Thanks in advance
-Ari

Offline [F.U.N]Cpt

Re: Crashing after macOS Mojave update
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, January 08, 2020, 22:40:36 PM »
Please delete your armyops.ini file if this error prevents you from starting the game

after this, start armyops.exe and wait

Offline [USF]Arianartizan

« Reply #2 on: Friday, March 06, 2020, 12:20:46 PM »
Please delete your armyops.ini file if this error prevents you from starting the game

after this, start armyops.exe and wait

I have done this a number of times and still not working. I have also deleted it all and re-installed and still nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Anyone else playing this on a MAC?

Offline M3dUSA

« Reply #3 on: Friday, April 03, 2020, 14:12:07 PM »

I have done this a number of times and still not working. I have also deleted it all and re-installed and still nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Anyone else playing this on a MAC?

Pretty sure after mac OS 10.13.x they removed support for 32bit and is 64 bit only. Had a friend run into this issue last night and we discovered that this was the issue.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager