Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Change Account Name  (Read 6413 times)

Offline [RG].H3ll-Await$.

Change Account Name
« on: Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 10:08:31 AM »
I Just started playing again after around 5 years but I wanted to change the name on my account. Used to be able to go to America's Army website to do it but I only see and AA3 option. I have two accounts that I use, and I'll leave my [RG].H3ll-Await$. account as it is so I can rep when I'm not rusty.

I would like to change my secondary account .ModernLifeIsWar. to something else but I'm not sure how to do it. Is there a new procedure for name changes using Assist?

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
Re: Change Account Name
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 10:35:34 AM »
Login on Battletracker.com with your secondary account, BT username is different from your AAO Player Name, unless you used it as your login username as well.
Go to: http://battletracker.com/index.php?form=TrackerSettings
Change your "AAO - PlayerName" and click in Submit in the end of the page, Max of 20 characters, no space allowed.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 10:40:53 AM »
Right I know how to change it in Battletracker, but that doesn't change my actual in game user. For instance I have a battletracker account for .ModernLifeIsWar. and the AAO Username is .ModernLifeIsWar.

If I just change my AAO Username to something else, let's pretend I change it to ModernWar, when I then go into assist and try to login as ModernWar will it allow me to? Or will I still need to change it some other way in assist?

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 10:43:59 AM »
Assist login is you BT username and PW not AAO Player Name :)
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 10:48:00 AM »
Oh shit ok I guess things have changed in the past 5 years lol. Thanks Possessed, that clears things up for me  :cool:

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 03:18:28 AM »
Oh shit ok I guess things have changed in the past 5 years lol. Thanks Possessed, that clears things up for me  :cool:
Yes. Since the US Army dropped official support for the game as well as all the accounts in late 2011, there is nowhere to log in and change your "actual in game name".
Like Possessed said, nowadays only the battletracker information is used.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 11:34:49 AM »
Yeah I stopped in 2011 so I guess I just missed that change. Does honor still work, aka gaining honor? Sorry if that's documented somewhere else I haven't explored the whole forum yet

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 11:55:00 AM »
Yes you still gain/loose honor, max of 110 :) if you have 100 of honor you get a veteran icon in-game.
We do Honor claims as well.

« Reply #8 on: Friday, June 10, 2016, 13:48:39 PM »
Also keep noticing people saying that having 2 accounts isn't allowed. Didn't realize that at first and used both, hopefully that's ok. I just use one at this point.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Friday, June 10, 2016, 14:08:25 PM »
You can't create New BT accounts to use, but if you have 2 or 2000 BT Accounts before Assist, you can play with them.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager