Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Can't join most servers  (Read 11492 times)

Offline KingKacper

Can't join most servers
« on: Thursday, March 17, 2022, 21:57:42 PM »
Hello,
I am being greeted with this lovely message to nearly every server in the launcher;
"ERROR: No record of this Game Server on the Assist Master Server, Cannot Authorize, Please join a different server"
All servers have a red X instead of any ping, indicating that they're offline, only problem is that some of them are populated with people, so that's not the case.

The only exception are the "Anti-DDOS" Servers, they are joinable, but they kick me out due to punkbuster,  even if it is verified and repaired. Not that it matters since those servers are always empty anyways.

Thanks for any help,
K.K.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Can't join most servers
« Reply #1 on: Monday, March 21, 2022, 02:48:45 AM »
This would seem like a port issue.

Your ISP may be blocking some ports. And it would seem that the ports commonly used for AA servers are among those blocked.
The ports are listed after the IP of the server in the server browser (i.e 192.168.0.1:1716 where 1716 is the port).
You might want to try an online port checker and/or call your ISP.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline KingKacper

« Reply #2 on: Monday, March 21, 2022, 22:24:46 PM »
Hey again,
Thanks for the info!
You mentioned the IP adresses being visible on the browser, but I cant figure out how to see them, would you mind explaining how I make it so the IP adress of the server is visible?

I'll try checking with my ISP provider aswell in order to try fix the issue on that end.

Thanks again,
K.K.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, March 22, 2022, 06:44:18 AM »
Hey again,
Thanks for the info!
You mentioned the IP adresses being visible on the browser, but I cant figure out how to see them, would you mind explaining how I make it so the IP adress of the server is visible?

I'll try checking with my ISP provider aswell in order to try fix the issue on that end.

Thanks again,
K.K.
Once you select a server you'll see the information as follows:
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager