Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Can't join games - "AA25" is not optimized for your Mac and needs to be updated  (Read 15050 times)

Offline Thurrdome

Can't join games - "AA25" is not optimized for your Mac and needs to be updated
« on: Wednesday, October 30, 2019, 20:52:48 PM »
I can login and go to the "Deploy" section just fine, but whenever I try to join a server it gives me the caution message in the subject of the thread - AA25 is not optimized for your Mac and needs to be updated.

Any ideas on how to proceed? Thanks guys

Offline Thurrdome

Re: Can't join games - "AA25" is not optimized for your Mac and needs to be updated
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 14:12:37 PM »
Update - I updated my mac to 10.15 Catalina, and now I can't even open Assist at all :( I'm guessing because it's 32 bit and Catalina went entirely 64 bit? Do I have any way to play my favorite FPS Anymore?

Offline hitman

Re: Can't join games - "AA25" is not optimized for your Mac and needs to be updated
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 14:35:15 PM »
What does terminal say if you launch it in it?

Offline Thurrdome

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 18:07:35 PM »
What does terminal say if you launch it in it?

Hitman, how would I open it with terminal?

Offline hitman

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 20:24:33 PM »
Use cd to navigate to the directory and then write "./25Assist" I guess! (don't have Mac to confirm)

Hitman, how would I open it with terminal?

Offline [F.U.N]Cpt

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 22:32:37 PM »
install windump ;)

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #6 on: Friday, November 01, 2019, 09:39:51 AM »
AA2.5 is 32 bit.

I'm not sure how the fruit company's OS works, but if there's no 32bit compatibility, I'm afraid AA2.5/25Assist won't run on it without virtualization.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Thurrdome

« Reply #7 on: Friday, November 01, 2019, 23:41:00 PM »
AA2.5 is 32 bit.

I'm not sure how the fruit company's OS works, but if there's no 32bit compatibility, I'm afraid AA2.5/25Assist won't run on it without virtualization.

That's what I feared...so dual booting my "fruit company" laptop would be the only way to make it work?

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, November 03, 2019, 04:53:03 AM »
That's what I feared...so dual booting my "fruit company" laptop would be the only way to make it work?
You could also probably run another OS in a virtual machine. But neither approach is ideal, I'm afraid.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline [USF]Arianartizan

« Reply #9 on: Monday, December 16, 2019, 12:15:38 PM »
IF you are getting that "optimized" message just hit OK. I get it too and Im fine to play. Come to mind, I was fine to play but now, ever since I updated to "macOS Mojave Version 10.14.6" my Wine crashes. Its strange.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager