Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Borderless fs can't be disabled  (Read 2330 times)

Offline Leopardi

• View Profile
Borderless fs can't be disabled
« on: Monday, January 09, 2017, 22:23:26 PM »
I don't get any screen tearing and the mouse feels slightly floaty/laggy, so I know the game is running in borderless instead of traditional fullscreen, even though I have enabled "Fullscreen Mode".

Is there something wrong with the current build of assist so this has sneaked past unnoticed, is there some trick to get the real fullscreen feeling?

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
Re: Borderless fs can't be disabled
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2017, 10:23:29 AM »
If you are using Windows 8 or 10, there is no Fullscreen for Direct3d8 Games, Windows force them to work windowed.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline WraShadow

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2017, 11:37:45 AM »
I feel you man, although I dont use mouse so I dont really know. Not only that... On windows 10 you cant see anything correctly because of it. I use the windows 8 gamma but have to change it between maps is bothersome and it's not as sharp as internal gamma. Also, if you accidentally press windows key everything turns black until you update Gamma Control.

Point is, it's been like that since forever ago and i dont think its going to change.

» Checkout my Illustration Gallery on the forums
» Checkout my WIP Behancé Gallery

Offline Leopardi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2017, 14:28:40 PM »
What about the D3D9Render tweak? Doesn't it enable DX9?

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2017, 15:38:26 PM »
What about the D3D9Render tweak? Doesn't it enable DX9?
Possible, but currently Assist and PunkBuster will not allow you to play with it, we can change our client but not punkBuster, that may be a problem.
I have found a fixed d3d8 this week, but didnt tried Yet due to the reasons above ^^, also I use Win 7.

https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=47772
If you want to test this file, do not use with Assist open, because our client will delete the file.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/4qqi9s/anniversary_update_fixed_my_full_screen_problems/
 some ppl says Win 10 Anniversary Update fixed fullscreen problems. Not sure about Win 8.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 10, 2017, 15:44:49 PM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline WraShadow

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2017, 16:15:05 PM »
some ppl says Win 10 Anniversary Update fixed fullscreen problems.
One can only hope. I've been putting off formatting my PC and lose my legit win10 version because of it, even though I love windows10 for everything else.

Offline Leopardi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2017, 11:44:51 AM »
One can only hope. I've been putting off formatting my PC and lose my legit win10 version because of it, even though I love windows10 for everything else.
You can update it without reformatting?

Offline WraShadow

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2017, 13:54:50 PM »
You can update it without reformatting?
Update and upgrade you can... I was thinking of formatting and installing win7... no point in formatting and installing the same thing lol unless you're a noob user with crap all over, which Im definitively not.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager