Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Account Activation denial  (Read 6606 times)

Offline LGC Flannelman

Account Activation denial
« on: Monday, May 18, 2020, 14:04:08 PM »
I'm trying to get an account going for my son and he recevied the following email.

Hello Wi11Wolf,
 We're e-mailing you to let you know that your America's Army 2.5 Assist account has been denied activation. When this happens, it usually means you already have an account in our system. If you would like to dispute this, go to the official AAO25 forum and post a new thread where the admins can look into this issue.

I'm not sure why we got this email as he has never registered an account before. If you could fix this I'd appreciate it.
Thanks
Flannelman

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Account Activation denial
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2020, 04:10:32 AM »
Hello.

We do not activate accounts on computers that already have an account.
This has been our policy for at least half a decade.

They will have to make another account on another computer.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline LGC Flannelman

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 00:57:02 AM »
Alright, well I did try that and it said the username was already in use. However, even if I do that I only have one gaming laptop, so will it let him login if we use another to setup the account then he plays on my laptop? I'm not trying to cause problems or game the system but I'm on the road for work(my son is traveling with me) and I have one laptop that I can install games on. My work laptop has me locked out of admin privileges so installing games isn't an option not that it really has the hardware for it anyways.

I'm just trying to get him going and through training so when he's home and has access to other computers that he can play with me.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 03:15:22 AM »
Alright, well I did try that and it said the username was already in use. However, even if I do that I only have one gaming laptop, so will it let him login if we use another to setup the account then he plays on my laptop? I'm not trying to cause problems or game the system but I'm on the road for work(my son is traveling with me) and I have one laptop that I can install games on. My work laptop has me locked out of admin privileges so installing games isn't an option not that it really has the hardware for it anyways.

I'm just trying to get him going and through training so when he's home and has access to other computers that he can play with me.
If you use another computer to activate the account, that'll be fine.
Activation is triggered when you (try to) log in to 25Assist. You'll be prompted to log in before you can actually use the app to download AA.

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline LGC Flannelman

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, May 21, 2020, 22:41:53 PM »
Teddy,
I tired registering his account on my work computer and it error ed out. It told me the username, email, and player name where already in use even though the activation was denied. So on the same computer I used different email, username(Wi11Wolf5k), and player name. Then I just got another denial email saying to post in the forum.
Can you see anything on your end that holding this up?

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday, May 22, 2020, 02:57:45 AM »
Teddy,
I tired registering his account on my work computer and it error ed out. It told me the username, email, and player name where already in use even though the activation was denied. So on the same computer I used different email, username(Wi11Wolf5k), and player name. Then I just got another denial email saying to post in the forum.
Can you see anything on your end that holding this up?
First of all, even if the activation is denied, the account (currently) remains in our database.

Secondly, on my end it looks like you activated the account on the very same machine that you have used to play this game since February.
Activation is triggered when you (try to) log in to 25Assist. You'll be prompted to log in before you can actually use the app to download AA.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager