Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: server PB screenshots  (Read 4546 times)

Offline -=TEF=-]Menace[

server PB screenshots
« on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015, 18:16:17 PM »
I have a server hosted by Vortex Servers.
Screenshots are currently not being taken and it seems the pb setup is a little different than years ago when I was running game servers. Maybe it's just my old age getting the better of as well and I am just not remembering correctly, don't know.

Is it even necessary for screenshots now?
What file do I need to edit and what command do I need to add to get screenshots taken?
bellow are the files that are editable for me in the PB folder;
pbcl.cfg
pbclgame.cfg
pbsvgame.cfg
ServerMessage.cfg

Is there any anticheat scripts available or is that even needed any longer?

It's been a while since messing with setting up a game server so any help/suggestions is appreciated.
"Old Guys Rule! Young guys Drool!"
Don't mess with the OLD FARTS - age, skill, wisdom, and a little treachery
always overcome youth and arrogance......

Offline ELiZ

Re: server PB screenshots
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 00:07:30 AM »
ServerMessage.cfg

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 00:12:34 AM »
Well, to be honest, PB screenshots are rather useless nowadays. I can guarantee you will get at hundreds of black (as well as pink) screenshots from users that have done nothing wrong themselves.

Since Evenbalance doesn't officially support this game anymore, PB hasn't had updates for years. It is now quite outdated.

However, Assist does have a lot of features built in to catch cheaters and exploiters. We have many features that weren't even implemented in the AC clients of competitions back in the day. So all in all, even if you could find some additional AC scripts for AA, I seriously doubt they're necessary (or that they'll even work with Assist).
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 01:56:08 AM »
here you can see how many players do have black and pink (win8) screenshots:
http://swiss-clan-site.enjin.com/pbss

when doing something else while waiting for a new round (change windows), then you get the black screen to.
as ELiZ did say, edit that file like this:
Code: [Select]
//--ScreenShots--\\
pb_sv_SsFloor 1
pb_sv_SsCeiling 4000
pb_sv_SsWidth 790
pb_sv_SsHeight 394
pb_sv_SsXpct 50
pb_sv_SsYpct 50
pb_sv_SsSrate 1
pb_sv_SsDelay 10
pb_sv_AutoSsFrom 240
pb_sv_AutoSsTo 360
pb_sv_AutoSs 1
pb_sv_ssLogging 0
pb_sv_ssTimeout 60
pb_sv_task 0 1000 pb_sv_sswidth 790
pb_sv_task 0 1000 pb_sv_ssheight 394
pb_sv_task 0 1000 pb_sv_SsYpct 50
pb_sv_task 0 1000 pb_sv_SsXpct 50

the pbss are located at your system/pb/svss folder. to see them in a nice way, you can use the msgpbssv.html also located in that folder.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 01:58:29 AM by [SWISS]Merlin »

Offline -=TEF=-]Menace[

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, July 16, 2015, 23:21:27 PM »
Thanks folks, kinda what I was starting to think.

I take it the Assist features mentioned for cheat detection are already implemented in the assist version of the game and nothing for me to do?

What about a ban list, Is there a master ban list?

Is there anything I should do with our server setup wise other than the typical "install"?

Sorry for all the questions, I realize these may seem no0b questions but it has been a while since I played and had servers running AA. I am long time member of ACI and I was heavily involved with keeping our servers as clear as I could of any cheats, so that is why I am asking about scripts and such. I think if the Assist version has built in functions for all this that is great!

A side note, AA is my all time favorite FPS. I have played it since the start and ever since we (TEF) moved away from AA I have really lost much desire to play. The other FPS games, while visually impressive, lack so much in gameplay. I am ecstatic to actually play AA again thanks to my son (sureshot) who told me of this Assist version. Thanks to those that have put the work into getting this great game back up for this oldguy to play! (even though I die more often than I care to!)

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday, July 17, 2015, 00:15:38 AM »
All the Assist security feature work out of the box. No need to add something extra on your side.

There is an Assist banlist. Everyone who was banned before the US Army stopped supporitng the game and Assist took over (late 2011) got a clean slate. However, anyone caught cheating on Assist is banned indefinitely.

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #6 on: Friday, July 17, 2015, 01:30:25 AM »
like at ACI and aapg, there is also a master banlist at aa2.
you will find it at the system folder, file is called BanList.txt.

while playing and banning a player with its ip, mac or name, the entry will be done like this:
NAME,"=(wA'tNc)=Rollo$^",0,0,"=(wA'tNc)=Rollo$^"
IP,"78.235.231.63",0,0,"=(wA'tNc)=Rollo$^"
MAC,"00:21:85:c7:92:d3",0,0,"=(wA'tNc)=Rollo$^"

but if you know the ip, mac or name without being in game, you can add those information also by hand. just edit this file and all good.

there is a second banlist at /system/pb  folder, called  pbbans.dat.  this file you have to edit manualy, but you have to know the GUID of the player. then the entry looks like this:

[31.03.2015 14:00:00] a65b29d865d75a37702988b3e003b96a "=(wA'tNc)=Rollo$^" "78.235.231.63" Rollo1 - unfair player, using glitches, int teamkilling, perm ban

the good thing with that ban style is that you don't have to care about changing macs and ips. its all abut the bt account. to be sure, use both files.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday, July 17, 2015, 04:40:47 AM »
This is not the global banlist.

The global banlist prevents people from logging in to Assist.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #8 on: Friday, July 17, 2015, 11:53:53 AM »
you would get unlucky if you could not have had the last words, right teddy :D

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Friday, July 17, 2015, 20:14:40 PM »

while playing and banning a player with its ip, mac or name, the entry will be done like this:

NAME,"=(wA'tNc)=Rollo$^",0,0,"=(wA'tNc)=Rollo$^"
IP,"78.235.231.63",0,0,"=(wA'tNc)=Rollo$^"
MAC,"00:21:85:c7:92:d3",0,0,"=(wA'tNc)=Rollo$^"

but if you know the ip, mac or name without being in game, you can add those information also by hand. just edit this file and all good.

there is a second banlist at /system/pb  folder, called  pbbans.dat.  this file you have to edit manualy, but you have to know the GUID of the player. then the entry looks like this:

[31.03.2015 14:00:00] a65b29d865d75a37702988b3e003b96a "=(wA'tNc)=Rollo$^" "78.235.231.63" Rollo1 - unfair player, using glitches, int teamkilling, perm ban

the good thing with that ban style is that you don't have to care about changing macs and ips. its all abut the bt account. to be sure, use both files.

I agree this is a good way getting rid of unwanted players, easier to ban guid, easier to change ip, mac , in game name

Lol merlin u used him as a good example. Guess he never knew why u banned him from your servers

Offline -=TEF=-]Menace[

« Reply #10 on: Friday, July 17, 2015, 22:30:50 PM »
Thanks folks! I am very familiar with both ban lists and their uses, I really appreciate all the comments.

So, I suppose it's frag time and no more worries of setting stuff up. :)

Thanks again to all!

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, July 18, 2015, 17:16:34 PM »
I agree this is a good way getting rid of unwanted players, easier to ban guid, easier to change ip, mac , in game name

Lol merlin u used him as a good example. Guess he never knew why u banned him from your servers

he was banned for teamkills - last time he did kill me :)
and unfair playing, also using glitches, also owning new members until the did leave - the whole game. many examples of it.

I did jump over my shadow - the only 2 banned on swiss are released now - until the start that shit again.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager