Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Running server manager on Server 2008 R2  (Read 5749 times)

Offline [HQR]Joe_Gunn

Running server manager on Server 2008 R2
« on: Wednesday, May 28, 2014, 21:37:17 PM »
Hello,

I may be miss-understanding how this works but I downloaded the assist server manager for windows on my laptop and unzipped it to a thumb drive.  Copied it to the server and tried to run it.  I get the server manager form page but when I try to enter things I get the following error.

"An exception of class OutOfBoundsException was not handled.  The application must shut down."

I'm running it as administrator.  Any idea where to start troubleshooting this error?

Offline [HQR]Joe_Gunn

Re: Running server manager on Server 2008 R2
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, May 28, 2014, 21:54:27 PM »
Just clicked create a new server and it's downloading files.  I'll get back to you if I have problems running it after that.  DOH!

Offline Nick

• Administrator
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, May 29, 2014, 03:42:15 AM »
How did it work out for you? I run all of mine on 2008R2 and have had no issues so far.

Offline [HQR]Joe_Gunn

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, May 29, 2014, 14:53:07 PM »
Well, it started downloading maps etc like crazy.  Took about an hour or so on my DSL connection.  After that all the fields had stuff in them so I edited the server and hit start.  The guide did say it would take a long time the first startup and much faster after that, but it was still doing PB downloads and installs this morning when I went to work.  That  seems nuts.  I hope by the time I get home today I can join the server from my LAN and work on the ports.

Are the peer ports listed in the ports sticky necessary for assist and battletracker?

Offline [HQR]Joe_Gunn

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, May 29, 2014, 22:03:19 PM »
I get past the aa-pbsv.cfg is up to date.  Then it keeps doing PB scheduled tasks.

The server shows in my client deploy list but there is a red X in the ping and it says it's offline.  When I try to press join I get nothing and when I double click the server I get an error message that says there is no record of this game server on the Assist Master Server, cannot authorize.

I have rules made for the ports in SBS 2008 and I have the ports forwarded in my router.

1716-1717
20046-20047

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #5 on: Friday, May 30, 2014, 07:45:36 AM »
only 1716-1717 UDP needed

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #6 on: Friday, May 30, 2014, 07:46:26 AM »
but it should really not take that long to install a server. I guess between 1 and 5 minutes to complete. so check your connection please.

Offline [HQR]Joe_Gunn

« Reply #7 on: Friday, May 30, 2014, 11:21:25 AM »
Thanks, I'll look into that.  If it is a connection issue I don't know what it could be.  Most of PB has updated and the server shows up in my game browser so permissions and Internet access seem to be OK for the game and PB.

I'll look at the server tonight and post any warning messages I get during the PB update

Offline CS-ACI-

« Reply #8 on: Friday, May 30, 2014, 16:55:32 PM »
Hello,
but it should really not take that long to install a server. I guess between 1 and 5 minutes to complete. so check your connection please.
Check the thread title.

Not being installed on user version of Windows but on server version.

Steve

Offline [HQR]Joe_Gunn

« Reply #9 on: Friday, May 30, 2014, 21:35:57 PM »
The server I've setup is "[HQR]Ghost Squad Server" and is currently password protected. 

Can anyone else see it listed in the deploy browser?  It is still listed as offline with a red X for ping.  I'm not sure if I'm seeing it because it is communicating with 2.5 Assist servers or because I'm on the same LAN as it is.

When I used to run a server without the assist manager the scrolling text looked much like it does now only it would stop scrolling and I could join the server.  This one seems to keep running scheduled tasks.  It would do a few then repeat the following with my WAN IP... followed by another round of PB

AuthOK ##.##.###.###
AuthOK ##.##.###.###
AuthOK ##.##.###.###
AuthOK ##.##.###.###

Every once in a while I'll get a cluster of warnings that state CommoHandler allows broadcast accessed none sender.

Any clues?  Anyone able to see the server?

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, May 31, 2014, 02:57:08 AM »
Have a look around in your routers configuration and look after "NAT Loopback" and enable it if you can find it. It's your router that prevents the traffic(As you suspected).

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, May 31, 2014, 07:43:52 AM »
about the errors of the CommoHandler, those are normal and can be ignored.
look at the ones from my server:

Code: [Select]

-----------WARNING-----------
CommoHandler::Broadcast()       Received message from unknown Sender( None ) Message(                    !! INFORMATION FOR ALL PLAYERS !! ) Type( None )
CommoHandler Woodland_Outpost.CommoHandler (Function AGP.CommoHandler.Broadcast:029D) Accessed None 'PRI'

AuthOK 85.0.125.17
AuthOK 85.0.125.17
AuthOK 85.0.125.17
25AssistSM: Running PB Scheduled Task (slot #8) pb_sv_SsXpct 3
25AssistSM: pb_sv_SsXpct = 3 (-1 to 100)

AuthOK 85.0.125.17
25AssistSM: Running PB Scheduled Task (slot #1) say 2.5 Assist SM - Private PB Scripts for AA v2.5 - AA25.org
CommoHandler Woodland_Outpost.CommoHandler (Function AGP.CommoHandler.AllowsBroadcast:0122) Accessed None 'broadcaster'
CommoHandler::AllowsBroadcast() Unknown broadcaster! None 61
CommoHandler Woodland_Outpost.CommoHandler (Function AGP.CommoHandler.Broadcast:0029) Accessed None 'Sender'
CommoHandler Woodland_Outpost.CommoHandler (Function AGP.CommoHandler.Broadcast:0069) Accessed None 'Sender'
CommoHandler Woodland_Outpost.CommoHandler (Function AGP.CommoHandler.Broadcast:00CB) Accessed None 'Sender'
CommoHandler::Broadcast()       Received message from unknown Sender( None ) Message( 2.5 Assist SM - Private PB Scripts for AA v2.5 - AA25.org ) Type( None )

and yes, I can see your server, but with an "x". so no way to connect. could be a router problem, firewall ...
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 31, 2014, 07:46:36 AM by [SWISS]Merlin »

Offline [HQR]Joe_Gunn

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, May 31, 2014, 11:23:44 AM »
My DSL modem has the router built in.  I can't find an option like NAT loopback.  It looks like I'll have to disable the router in it and reconnect the Belkin Router I had before.  I'm not sure I have time to down everything this weekend.

Would being able to join several computers on my home network to the same online video game IP be an indication of loopback being on?  Or, is that just effecting servers hosted from my home network?

Thanks for the help.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, May 31, 2014, 14:11:52 PM »
I'm not sure but it should work if you use ur modem in bridge mode
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline -{GcC}-Bockmist

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, May 31, 2014, 18:12:14 PM »
Hi joe_gun, hi all

At first, here is a link with a guide, how to host a server:
http://aao25.com/forum/server-support/guide-how-to-hast-an-assist-25-server/

To the NAT Loopback. It's a feature of your router / firewall, how to handle the requests to your wan interface from your internal LAN. It's explained in the guide (the linke above).

You have more than a NAT Loopback problem, because your server is not reachable from WAN (Merlin said it an for me its the same).

Check the following things:
Port Forwarding on your Router / Firewall (Gampeport + Gameport +1)
--> Firewall Rules with opened ports ok?
Windows Firewall (inbound rules to allow the Assist Services ok?)

I recommend you, to check our guide point by point maybe it solves your problems.

Bockmist
Fight or join (only german or siwss german speaking) us:

[email protected]

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager