Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Just an ideal about 203 for Hospital map  (Read 3625 times)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

Just an ideal about 203 for Hospital map
« on: Sunday, June 24, 2018, 08:53:27 AM »
Dear Administrators
What about this idea: At the link below, you can download the original SFHospital map with 203 in it. But as soon as you do copy it to the map folder, the server - with its good protection - will overwrite it - as you know. The md5 tool is doing this with its logic i guess - and its hash tag.
If this would not be to much work, could you please change it in a way that we can use this maps as well? Would be magic :)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jlsrr4tqet9el34/SFhospital.aao/file

Offline Trump2018

Re: Just an ideal about 203 for Hospital map
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, June 24, 2018, 11:58:16 AM »
Uploading the new file and changing the hash should be 15 minute work. Just saying.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, June 24, 2018, 16:00:20 PM »
no, only for this it will be needed to roll out some parts of the game again.  and this is  not that easy, for sure not.
sorry to say, but true.

Offline Trump2018

« Reply #3 on: Monday, June 25, 2018, 18:56:12 PM »
no, only for this it will be needed to roll out some parts of the game again.  and this is  not that easy, for sure not.
sorry to say, but true.

Who told you this? Eliz? Or maybe the second best Assist programmer alive, Possessed?

I assume that this rollback might be related to this score-screens feature? Those TV-screens in hosp and other places that show stats? I'm sure people will live happily without those stats, and prefer to get the maps more populated.

I may be wrong of course (I didn't see the sources in a very long time, and my brain/memory is getting old). It would be nice if some Assist admin would explain it here, why it's so hard to revert hospital map to the original version (with 203 back).
« Last Edit: Monday, June 25, 2018, 19:22:58 PM by Trump2018 »

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, June 26, 2018, 06:19:26 AM »
I've said this before but I guess I'll have to do so again.

203 was disabled on SF Hospital for a trial period on November 11 2014. The trial ran for a week, after which a poll was made to ask the users whether or not they like the change. This is the result:

A few months later, another poll was made to make sure players were still in favor of the 203. The results were relatively similar:

Roughly a month later, a third vote was carried out. The results hadn't changed (even though less people cared to vote):

Now, I know there's been (at least) one unofficial vote about 203 later. Not only was the poll not an official one, it was also asked in an extremely biased way. Furthermore, some people also voted more than once on the very same poll which significantly lessens its credibility.

I see some people complain about the 203 issue (in the hijacked thread) and claim their opinion to be that of the people while the polls we've held in the passed clearly show they're not. The problem with opinions is that the people who have negative ones tend to be extremely vocal about it whereas the people who don't have a problem with the current situation, don't feel the need to express themselves. I see a few people strongly advocate their point of view and bring their friends who share that point of view to argue their point as well. But no single person and their group of friends or their clan makes up the complete list of players. Just because the people you ask share your opinion, doesn't mean others do as well. People just tend to socialize with others with similar views.

You people are right, our player base is diminishing. But that has a lot more to do with the fact that the game is more than 10 years old now than it has with 203 on SF Hospital. People (especially young people) just prefer more fast paced and newer games to an old one like this one. Others who used to play, have moved on - either to other games or to something else entirely in their life.

Let us continue to make it possible for new players to join the game. Let us make the changes necessary for people to (eventually) be able to change their in game name and password. These are the important things that we need to worry about right now. As without this, your forgotten password might mean you can never play the game again. And without the players, it really doesn't matter whether or not a map has been modified or not.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 26, 2018, 06:22:48 AM by teddy_grizzly_bear »
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, June 26, 2018, 14:14:56 PM »
meaby alot people with more accounts that voted 203 out.  :devil: :duh: :poorguy:
But that's not the problem make A solution;
make 2e Hospital call it Hospital_SE ore Hospital classic  without 203 all happy.
Assist do something test thise out...............A hospital without 203 here and roofbuck out inclueding
Helicopter
http://www.mediafire.com/file/391uqz9xvooh7jo/SFhospital_SE.aao/file
http://www.mediafire.com/file/fr7buvdciph961u/MP_Monkey_Island_SE.aao/file
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wdc2wi7tejnxch1/SFextraction_SE.aao/file
 \_/ :wanker: :w00t:

Offline General_alkos

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 08:10:06 AM »
I moved this thread where it should be that it was not "kidnapped"
I opened this topic almost a year ago that I then close it..

I play a hospital all year and with very few players we keep the game not dying...
I thought it would help admini recognize the need to go back 203 because of the game and survival itself.
I do not have the will to pray, write more appeals to return us to the hospital 203,!
and I'm tired of watching personal bickering current assist admins and former leader Pita (as you know my friend).
I do not know why it was not granted now as before when you remove the 203 and now return it!
completed theme for me
Bok
p.s.
just this one about voting when you abolished 203
this is how it was voted and now half the year you do not hear the voice of players playing the hospital.
some quotes:
Oh and for the record: i voted 3 times.
And I did raise some friends to vote against the 203
I used 3 different computers and different isp to vote from.

« Last Edit: Friday, June 29, 2018, 07:36:16 AM by General_alkos »

Offline General_alkos

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 08:42:50 AM »
meaby alot people with more accounts that voted 203 out.  :devil: :duh: :poorguy:
But that's not the problem make A solution;
make 2e Hospital call it Hospital_SE ore Hospital classic  without 203 all happy.
Assist do something test thise out...............A hospital without 203 here and roofbuck out inclueding
Helicopter
http://www.mediafire.com/file/391uqz9xvooh7jo/SFhospital_SE.aao/file
http://www.mediafire.com/file/fr7buvdciph961u/MP_Monkey_Island_SE.aao/file
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wdc2wi7tejnxch1/SFextraction_SE.aao/file
 \_/ :wanker: :w00t:

Vanok-we need two hospitals,original hospital with 203 but not without 203.(I do not understand this "and roofbuck out inclueding
Helicopter"thought of that stupid and unnecessary roof fence??that killed us in the very beginning!helicopter is ok for change but without RPG only 203..
make two hospitals, one as now and the other to come back to the original hospital with 203!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
to us who we play hospital should not talks, but actions for the return of players while not kasno..last night 9 players.
https://aao25.com/forum/general-chat-90/for-big_sergio-and-other-assist-admins/msg106043/#msg106043
just like me and Sergio saw that it was okay,(only all assist admini play AAPG so they do not have the will and the time for us who are still playing aa2).
when it is so smart why are not removed 203 from the CSAR and left only rpg?and you left it all together!Folders are played in the same way!
p.s.
tedy_medy-you bart and another couple Assist admins are fair and reasonable!
only to answer part of your Post
I did not call anyone to give me any help or anything in this,as you alluded to me and pit!(Pit has nothing to do with my posts)
I play 14.15.16 a year old hospital and that's why I wrote.
when the pit had a chicken server I was in ht-member and these two servers were always the best.
the pit probably came out because it looks like all people that you incorrectly assess the game and dies(honest and because of me a bit)

I do not care about private relations,if they do not touch me personally(the exception is some extreme cases when I comment)
I have things to say but without word I am.
As I said I do not care more Will you change anything more because you did not want a year..

« Last Edit: Friday, June 29, 2018, 07:38:14 AM by General_alkos »

Offline General_alkos

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 17:25:34 PM »
in the end why you have 1 player un23.05!!!!

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager