Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: PBSS  (Read 1810 times)

Offline True-Grit

PBSS
« on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 13:48:14 PM »
Why am I not seeing full screen PB shot? I can see the obvious  of this one..

But what about one like this? Will an exploit or a hack show up regardless of size?

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: PBSS
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 14:08:57 PM »
For the 1st SS:
Search the forums. There's been numerous thread about pink PBSS.
It's a problem with PunkBuster and Windows 8 compatibility. If you google it, you will find that AA is not the only game this happens to.

For the 2nd, I do believe that's perfectly normal. I believe PB just takes a picture of a random part of your screen (I would guess it's this way because this takes up less resources, causing less noticeable performance problems while taking the shot and takes less bandwidth from the game, leaving the ping and/or packet loss virtually untouched).
I believe most (if not all) PBSS's are in fact a part and of the screen and not the whole. Over time PB takes more shots and if somebody's cheating (and doesn't use some PBSS cleaner or whatever) one of them will show it.

I'm no expert, but this is what I believe to be the truth.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 03:41:30 AM »
true teddy. and all pbss are like this. it is not possible to take the whole screen. time between ss is between 150 and 400 seconds, actualy i guess 300.

@True-Grit: you can see all the pbss from all [SWISS] Servers at: www.swiss-clan-site.enjin.com
there you also can read all written texts done by users.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 18:45:22 PM »
You should also consider that Punkbuster itself is not flawless, and that it relies on the graphic adapter (ideally your graphic card). Under some circumstances it can't take a screen, or either the screenshot is corrupted or parts of it show wierd colours (some old Intel and Sis integrated chips are really awful).

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager