Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: MAP VOTE - We need a system for servers to be "useable" with no admin present  (Read 1433 times)

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
  • AA: Dav3
So if you ever played UT - Unreal Tournament back in the day they had map vote mod, and basically every server ran it.

For Example - Set your server to 14 rounds, 7 a side or w.e, after the round is over it pauses the start of the next 14, and pops up with a menu, or allows users to enter their votes for the next map.

The map list would only contain maps selected by the admin / server setup / selected in the mod.

I think this would help the community as a whole and be a great feature.

If there is one thing that has continued to kill aa since 3.0, its servers that sit on 1 single map 24/7

Me being a a north american, looking for populated northamerican servers is very hard sometimes, 1 may be full and i have 2 other options.

If I could join an empty server with this mod and change it to a map i select?!

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: MAP VOTE - We need a system for servers to be "useable" with no admin present
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 04:26:37 AM »
There are servers with a mod that allows to vote for a map change. They allow you to do it whenever, though. Just look for a "map vote" server.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager