Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Is it possible to configure the server to autoswitch?  (Read 1279 times)

Offline Kuschizzza

Is it possible to configure the server to autoswitch?
« on: Monday, November 25, 2013, 16:05:22 PM »
Hello everyone.

Is it possible to set up the auto switch function? I mean all team players should be switch after x.x (rounds) to Defence or Assault.

How can I do that?

I've installed my Americas Army Server on Linux with Assist 2.5

Offline 82nd_DXO_COL=Shad

Re: Is it possible to configure the server to autoswitch?
« Reply #1 on: Monday, November 25, 2013, 16:21:56 PM »
No.  This isn't AA4.
You can do this manually, and not all players will cooperate.
Take auto-balance OFF, post a message saying you're changing teams and will kick whomever stays, and swap everybody before the match round ends.  Wait until the round starts with everyone switched to turn autobalance back on if you so wish.  The auto-balance option implemented in AA2.5 just throws you on one team or the other when you come in to make the numbers even, and will move you it seems like based on length of play and score.
All in all, it's not a great idea.  Some people prefer one side or the other and will come to hate you if you switch them often.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2013, 13:21:41 PM »
Or not play on you're server, if being swapped all the time

Jared

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2013, 15:20:20 PM »
I would think that this is possible, maybe not in its current state but it might be something that the assist developers could help with. Because this does work when its in tournament mode, maybe they could make a mod that allows it to happen outside of that mode?

Offline Bart!

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, November 26, 2013, 15:40:57 PM »
I would think that this is possible, maybe not in its current state but it might be something that the assist developers could help with. Because this does work when its in tournament mode, maybe they could make a mod that allows it to happen outside of that mode?
That's what I've been thinking of as well. I think it is a great thing to have people swap sides half-time. This way you get a bit of both sides every match

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager