Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Connection to my server directs to main menu  (Read 2120 times)

Offline ApexGhost

Connection to my server directs to main menu
« on: Monday, September 25, 2017, 14:09:03 PM »
I am not sure if there is already a post on this somewhere but, I wasn't able to find it. Anyways, whenever I connect to my own server that I am running on my PC. It just sends me to the main menu of the game. It does not connect it just forces me to the main menu.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
Re: Connection to my server directs to main menu
« Reply #1 on: Monday, September 25, 2017, 14:33:09 PM »
Keep trying to connect.
Are You hosting the server at home?
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline ApexGhost

« Reply #2 on: Monday, September 25, 2017, 14:42:24 PM »
Yes, I am hosting the server from home. A group of my friends wanna play together against each other. I have also been trying to connect to the server since last night with no success. Nothing I have tried is working. The server is online and running, but for some reason it just sends me to the main menu on connection.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday, September 25, 2017, 15:08:59 PM »
Can Your friends join the server?
Have you tried to allow the Game / Server in Windows firewall and any other firewall like Internet Security programs?
If you are using a Modem/Router with NAT Enabled, try this: (Tutorial for Windows 7):
https://hypergrid.org/metropolis/wiki/en/index.php?title=NAT_Loopback_Router
« Last Edit: Monday, September 25, 2017, 15:11:44 PM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Offline ApexGhost

« Reply #4 on: Monday, September 25, 2017, 15:40:16 PM »
My friends are not able to connect at all. I will try out these solutions and let you know.

Offline ApexGhost

« Reply #5 on: Monday, September 25, 2017, 16:28:34 PM »
I have attempted everything you said and its clear to me it isnt a connectivity issue. The problem is it just sends to the menu. All my friends can see the server and see its running but it just redirects to main menu on connect.

Offline WraShadow

« Reply #6 on: Monday, September 25, 2017, 18:44:20 PM »
A friend has same issue. Ive tried configuring NAT and disable SO firewall aswell as router just to see if was it and didnt work. Then I had to go fetch by brother at the train yard and left my friend hanging. I dont think is network related. I also dont know what else to try. He had a kind of AV or something of the sort I had never heard about. I failed to shut it down and try again before leaving. After that, I have no clue what else could be.

If you find something, please let us know. If we find solution we do the same. Hooah!

PS: Server is open on both Battletracker and Assist25 Deploy tab for both him and myself. He's using Win10 (I think it was 10) on open ISP (no blockage on UDP services like my own)
« Last Edit: Monday, September 25, 2017, 18:46:31 PM by WraShadow »

» Checkout my Illustration Gallery on the forums
» Checkout my WIP Behancé Gallery

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday, September 25, 2017, 19:27:58 PM »
Usually Configuring NAT on router and using the NAT Loopback trick on windows works.
Something else on Your side is denying the access to your server, if you can attempt to connect then You can Ping your server, which is good, I think there has some other software disconnecting or not allowing external connection at all...

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager