Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Cant login to my own server running off my PC  (Read 3620 times)

Offline -sh4dy;

Cant login to my own server running off my PC
« on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 19:03:44 PM »
Everytime i try to join i get this error message, but other clan mates and players are able to join. Ping shows a red X next to the server as well as it saying Server Offline in the map ss area of assist. Any ideas on what is making it so i cant join but others can?

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Cant login to my own server running off my PC
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014, 19:27:59 PM »
You need NAT loopback I believe.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 04:11:47 AM »
have a look at the FAQ's. there is "how to run a server.."

Offline -sh4dy;

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 18:13:45 PM »
have a look at the FAQ's. there is "how to run a server.."

Thanks merlin, i did take a look into the FAQ but couldnt find anything pertaining to my problem. Im pretty sure Spanky is right, i called my ISP because i use there router/modem combo and wanted them to enable NAT Loopback for me and there is no such option in my router settings they told me. So im pretty sure i have to buy a new modem and router if i want to host my own server. Thanks to the both of you for the advice..

And spanky, I will touch you inappropriatly all i want if you come into my server again.  :censored:

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2014, 19:51:32 PM »
And spanky, I will touch you inappropriatly all i want if you come into my server again.  :censored:
Well, that escalated quickly.

There is info in the FAQ about this, I just went through it the other day to clean it up. By FAQ, I mean the info on this site:
http://aao25.com/support/

Offline CS-ACI-

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, October 30, 2014, 03:57:41 AM »
Hello,
Don't forget too take pictures  :o

Steve

Offline -sh4dy;

« Reply #6 on: Friday, November 28, 2014, 16:57:41 PM »
I am trying to run a server and I have opened the ports on my router but it still says the ports are closed?
    It is possible your router does not support NAT loopback. To work around this click 'Options' and tick the disable port testing to external IP option. But this means you will not be able to join your own server from the server list. You will need to use the Join button on the server.

I have contacted my ISP and they told me my router dosent have the NAT loopback option in the router im renting from them. They dont allow customers to access the routers so everytime i have to call them when i need something done with the router or go buy my own modem and router. Where it says click options / disable port testing to external IP, is that in the router options?

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #7 on: Friday, November 28, 2014, 17:51:13 PM »
I have contacted my ISP and they told me my router dosent have the NAT loopback option in the router im renting from them. They dont allow customers to access the routers so everytime i have to call them when i need something done with the router or go buy my own modem and router. Where it says click options / disable port testing to external IP, is that in the router options?

No, that is an old setting in the old way to start a local server, you can ignore that.

As mentioned before, the most probable solution is to enable NAT loopback, and that setting is in the router(If it exist), the modem is not involved in any way in the process(Unless the router is built into the Modem).

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #8 on: Friday, November 28, 2014, 18:22:02 PM »
Your best bet is to use a DD-WRT capable router to create a sub network after your ISP's router. It won't affect their setup and you'll be able to have full control of the router functions with DD-WRT, including NAT loopback.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager