Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Battletracker service will be shutdown forever soon  (Read 64021 times)

Offline Alex

Re: Battletracker service will be shutdown forever soon
« Reply #105 on: Saturday, March 17, 2018, 01:43:17 AM »
There  is and option to take all of the Americ'as Army accounts/players data from Battle Tracker and to creat new data reserve on another hosting website? is it possible?
We've already been storing AA accounts from BT for a long time now. The vast majority of players should be able to log in after the switch to our DB is done with no problem. Stats is a completely different matter entirely.

admins, tell us quick what to do  - otherwise this game is really dead. we need new accounts very very soon.
I'll try to get this test done soon. I've just been very busy with work and life.

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #106 on: Saturday, March 17, 2018, 06:04:49 AM »
I wouldnt be to concerned with stats
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #107 on: Saturday, March 17, 2018, 10:09:59 AM »
thank you very much - and sorry for my hurry ;) - let us know when we can support this in any way.

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
  • AA: Lord-of-War
« Reply #108 on: Saturday, March 17, 2018, 12:36:50 PM »
I wouldnt be to concerned with stats

I would be !!
Stats are a very important part of this.Most players are attracted to this game because no other game offers or offered such a nice feature.
It has so many advantages like checking your mates and 'enemies' - looking up your improvements per map - checking your rank, honour, etc. etc.
It only has no value to people who just love to play around a bit for fun and are not interested in improving their skills which for example can also be seen by clan statistics and especially map stats.
I think it is a very vital thing to keep this game - we all love - alive.
Playerbase will go down drastically if this feature will disappear.

Lord-of-War  :style:

"the world is basically a forced labor camp from which the workers - all innocents - are led forth by lottery, a few each day, to be executed," Cormac McCarthy

Offline ^Ta766^

« Reply #109 on: Saturday, March 17, 2018, 17:17:07 PM »
well good to know and thanks for evrything  :up: :up:

Offline Troeca

• Playing America's Army since 2006
    • View Profile
  • AA: Troeca
« Reply #110 on: Sunday, March 25, 2018, 15:07:03 PM »
I would be !!
Stats are a very important part of this.Most players are attracted to this game because no other game offers or offered such a nice feature.
It has so many advantages like checking your mates and 'enemies' - looking up your improvements per map - checking your rank, honour, etc. etc.
It only has no value to people who just love to play around a bit for fun and are not interested in improving their skills which for example can also be seen by clan statistics and especially map stats.

Hear hear! :cool:

Even though I have enjoyed the nice gameplay for more than 10 years having those stats is the thing that ties up all those gaming moments as kind of narrative. I really love to sit down and compete with myself if I can rise my K/D ratio this evening and so on. Just makes me a bit disappointed that I lost my original account.

So if we are able to save current stats or just the feature please let us have that :up:

Offline Alex

« Reply #111 on: Sunday, March 25, 2018, 19:52:15 PM »
I would be !!

I'm not concerned with stat tracking. Stats are meaningless. I don't know anybody that plays this gamer for stats anymore. The Competitive scene just isn't there.
That's not to say that I won't look into it, but there's many more pressing matters before stat tracking.

Offline Alex

« Reply #112 on: Sunday, April 01, 2018, 17:21:28 PM »
Just a quick update: Possessed and I have noticed stuff that was wrong in our DB and are working to fix it. it's mostly done.
The main problem now is that once we switch to our DB, stats will no longer track on our side, so honor will not go up. We're currently looking into how we can use both our DB and BT as long as BT is still up.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #113 on: Sunday, April 01, 2018, 17:29:15 PM »
great to hear that, thanks a lot for it!!
i guess - as it did start again with those ddos attacks (already 3 times today) - i will start the protected server again (the contract will run out 12th of April, not yet ;)) - and i will pay the 300 Euros by myselt. just to fuck those idiots in the middle of thery faces.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: Sunday, April 01, 2018, 17:48:48 PM »
great to hear that, thanks a lot for it!!
i guess - as it did start again with those ddos attacks (already 3 times today) - i will start the protected server again (the contract will run out 12th of April, not yet ;)) - and i will pay the 300 Euros by myselt. just to fuck those idiots in the middle of thery faces.

Yea seen that shit early today, idiots with no life

send me a link I'll donate to help you merlin

Offline shadi123

« Reply #115 on: Sunday, April 01, 2018, 19:33:23 PM »
i was going to donate  50 euro but it didnt help time is lift iam so sry for this and very sad  and thanks for ur support

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #116 on: Monday, April 02, 2018, 04:04:31 AM »
Starrt a new page merlin for donations. I will also help. can we not make a community server at least we all chip in and vote in admins
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #117 on: Monday, April 02, 2018, 08:12:12 AM »
i will do so tomorrow. now all are up and running again - protected mode.

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
  • AA: Lord-of-War
« Reply #118 on: Monday, April 02, 2018, 11:08:41 AM »
Will Battletracker's Database be saved for the future ?

"the world is basically a forced labor camp from which the workers - all innocents - are led forth by lottery, a few each day, to be executed," Cormac McCarthy

Offline Alex

« Reply #119 on: Monday, April 02, 2018, 18:42:42 PM »
Will Battletracker's Database be saved for the future ?

Maybe. Homey said he would give me a database backup when he shuts it down but we'll see. that wouldn't really help us all that much though.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager