Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Battletracker service will be shutdown forever soon  (Read 63976 times)

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
  • AA: Lord-of-War
Re: Battletracker service will be shutdown forever soon
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 05:58:52 AM »
Battletracker works only for AA2 not for AA3 or Battlefield 2 or Battlefield 2142 etc !!!!!!

This means Homey definitely reopened the site especially for the AA2 crowd and that is us !!!!
Please try and push Eliz to share what he's got - maybe someone else can finish it.
Also if you still have the data of the inactive players it would be a good idea to include them ! (you know if you don't play for a few months your name gets taken off the list - but if you
play again your data is still there)

This would push the toplist to an substantial amount of players (remember there were about 7.000 Players before the training was obligatory)

This would attract even more players cause the more people are in the toplist the more active and alive Assist looks - even if there are maybe only 1.000 active players.

You know what I mean - People look at their stats and the toplists more than you all think - this is vital to keep the game alive !!! Just my modest opinion  :)

Please considerate and again we should act quick now

Lord-of-War  :style:
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 06:07:54 AM by Lord-of-War »
"the world is basically a forced labor camp from which the workers - all innocents - are led forth by lottery, a few each day, to be executed," Cormac McCarthy

Offline SASF-DarkShooter

• Respected Members
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 07:44:30 AM »
I'm not sure if it's still a viable plan to perhaps 'buy' BT or whatever, but i'm willing to pitch in if that's the case.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #47 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 11:16:13 AM »
I could be wrong as I've been away for awhile, but I'm pretty sure honor is already primarily kept track of by the assist database and thus should see no change after BT shuts down.

Also, the goal is to not only allow new accounts, but account editing as well. Editing accounts is a pretty simple addition once account registry is up and running again. I just need some free time to work on it. Hopefully tomorrow through the weekend.
I have absolutely no insight as to how Eliz set this all up, but we're going to try our best to sort it out and get everything working decently well. I'd feel bad letting this community down after so long.

Thank you very much in the name of the community!!! Just great to see again that all are standing together and help its there.

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 12:55:35 PM »
wow Dark Shooter where have you been man - long time no see

Maybe you can get the old SASF crowd together  Xena etc.
We had funny games together on bridge remember and you showed me a few tricks as I was kind of new - welcome back

So what do you guys think as Homey seems to have reacted and given us a last chance
to either buy his site or use the info provided by him to create our own tracking site.
A response to my posts -see above- is being appreciated
Did anybody hear from Eliz yet ?

« Last Edit: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 14:41:21 PM by Lord-of-War »
"the world is basically a forced labor camp from which the workers - all innocents - are led forth by lottery, a few each day, to be executed," Cormac McCarthy

Offline Gullix

• View Profile
  • AA: Gullix
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 13:54:13 PM »
I will also be able to donate some to keep this game / tracker alive..  from -s3xy.]Sp@rtaCu$!) .
-s3xy.]ZombaX aswell told me he would donate some if thats what needed..

Offline ]EIGHT[

« Reply #50 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 14:06:16 PM »
Hello,
I wonder if I can recover my Battletracker account. To play again, I need an account to log in and install AA2.5
I've played a lot of years ago ... and now I have a little time and I would like to play again, but I have this problem.
If I can not recover my account, how do I create a new one to log in, once I have seen that the site has stopped working.

ATT,
FERNANDO

Offline Alex

« Reply #51 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 20:16:10 PM »
Battletracker works only for AA2 not for AA3 or Battlefield 2 or Battlefield 2142 etc !!!!!!

This means Homey definitely reopened the site especially for the AA2 crowd and that is us !!!!
Please try and push Eliz to share what he's got - maybe someone else can finish it.
Also if you still have the data of the inactive players it would be a good idea to include them ! (you know if you don't play for a few months your name gets taken off the list - but if you
play again your data is still there)

This would push the toplist to an substantial amount of players (remember there were about 7.000 Players before the training was obligatory)

This would attract even more players cause the more people are in the toplist the more active and alive Assist looks - even if there are maybe only 1.000 active players.

You know what I mean - People look at their stats and the toplists more than you all think - this is vital to keep the game alive !!! Just my modest opinion  :)

Please considerate and again we should act quick now

Again, stats and leaderboards/toplists are very low priority right now. The main goal is to get account registration and account editing working. I don't have much free time, just the registration and account management are pretty big tasks.

As for Eliz, I sent him an email 2 days ago and have heard nothing from him.
« Last Edit: Friday, January 19, 2018, 13:45:15 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline ronski

« Reply #52 on: Friday, January 19, 2018, 13:47:05 PM »
As for Eliz, I sent him an email 2 days ago and have heard nothing from him.
Does anyone have him on Steam - in case the email he used to use wouldn't be in active use anymore?

Offline Alex

« Reply #53 on: Friday, January 19, 2018, 13:47:17 PM »
I actually got a response from Homey saying that he'll keep the AA pages up for a couple more months to give us time to create a replacement. He said that after so long he just wants to move on from Battletracker and I can't really blame him for it. He's done so much for this game I think he deserves a thanks from everyone.

Offline -sh4dy;

« Reply #54 on: Friday, January 19, 2018, 16:12:21 PM »
I actually got a response from Homey saying that he'll keep the AA pages up for a couple more months to give us time to create a replacement. He said that after so long he just wants to move on from Battletracker and I can't really blame him for it. He's done so much for this game I think he deserves a thanks from everyone.

Did you discuss the possibility of selling battletracker?

Offline Alex

« Reply #55 on: Friday, January 19, 2018, 17:45:14 PM »
Did you discuss the possibility of selling battletracker?
I did suggest buying BT in my original email but he doesn't seem to want to do that, and I don't really blame him. It's his site with a ton of personal user data and handing it over to a stranger would definitely make me hesitant as well. If he responds to my question about registration in the mean time I'll bring it up again and see what happens.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #56 on: Saturday, January 20, 2018, 08:22:57 AM »
I would like to say to Marco/Homey thanks a lot for letting us time to get over to another registration/honor system. And also a big thank you to all the admins here to make this possible. Let us know when we can do something for you/us/it. And as you can see, we are a very strong community and not only bad, ugly, stupid guys :). Hooah!

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #57 on: Saturday, January 20, 2018, 11:33:27 AM »
I can confirm that Battletracker is working again!! Good job KillaMan and Possessed. And thank you!! The overall honor is counting all together, nice. Like it was before. Thanks Marco/Homey!

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 04:26:59 AM »
Well, I can just see how this is gonna turn out :
As Battletracker is working now for a few months the whole issue will be forgotten
and only be tackled once BT is completely down.
Eliz doesn't answer and noone else seems to give a shit about the tracking which I
don't quite believe. I could name you quite a few players who love the stats.
What about all the brilliant webdesigners that have been bragging in here about their talents.
Can't you design a new page? I am sure the community would pay for it.Anyway I am just worried that all the Information disappears and all the history of years of playing
is gonna be lost.
Please keep us updated about any progress in this matter

Thank you
« Last Edit: Monday, January 22, 2018, 04:29:22 AM by Lord-of-War »

Offline ronski

« Reply #59 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 06:17:09 AM »
Well, I can just see how this is gonna turn out :
As Battletracker is working now for a few months the whole issue will be forgotten
and only be tackled once BT is completely down.
Eliz doesn't answer and noone else seems to give a shit about the tracking which I
don't quite believe.
Perhaps Battletracker works for your interest, but the biggest issue is still there, you can't register a new player nor handle player info. There's people working on their free time to get this issue solved.

I could name you quite a few players who love the stats.
We all could name bunch of people who care only about their own stats, for these people lack of possibility to register a new player is not an issue at all

What about all the brilliant webdesigners that have been bragging in here about their talents.
Can't you design a new page? I am sure the community would pay for it.
It's not about designing stuff, it's a lot more than that. Also the design doesn't matter at this point, the most important thing is to get profiles editable again, you need to have access to database which contains tons of personal information and you need to have all the knowhow for handling it. It's not that simple as you think.

Anyway I am just worried that all the Information disappears and all the history of years of playing
is gonna be lost.
Please keep us updated about any progress in this matter

Thank you
Are you afraid that your stats will be gone? It's been said several times that it's not the first priority to get stats working with the new solution, then again it's also been said that EliZ has made everything ready for time like this, you just need to be patient and let these people work when they have time, it's not a one hour job or like they could spend 24/7 their time to get things working.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager