Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Battletracker service will be shutdown forever soon  (Read 64099 times)

Offline 0z7he6unner

Re: Battletracker service will be shutdown forever soon
« Reply #30 on: Monday, January 15, 2018, 06:59:22 AM »
I was so excited when I noticed this game was still running through you guys. I was gonna make an account... but since BT is going down there is literally no way for me right now to be able to login and play. Any solution for this yet? Or will I have to wait?

Offline ronski

« Reply #31 on: Monday, January 15, 2018, 07:16:10 AM »
I was so excited when I noticed this game was still running through you guys. I was gonna make an account... but since BT is going down there is literally no way for me right now to be able to login and play. Any solution for this yet? Or will I have to wait?
if you need an account I can hand you one since there seems to be no way to create new accounts atm. I'll pm you
« Last Edit: Monday, January 15, 2018, 07:18:36 AM by ronski »

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #32 on: Monday, January 15, 2018, 12:39:12 PM »
must we sent them all to you for new name !?

Offline ronski

« Reply #33 on: Monday, January 15, 2018, 13:15:16 PM »
must we sent them all to you for new name !?
Didn't figure out better solution for a temporary issue of which no one knows how long does it last.

If you have ideas you can share them here :)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #34 on: Monday, January 15, 2018, 13:19:32 PM »
it was a very nice and good solution. thanks for that.

Offline Alex

« Reply #35 on: Monday, January 15, 2018, 13:30:30 PM »
Anyway, just to be able to track players and servers and in the end we all know that there will be some solution as it has always been.
Tracking is the last thing we're worried about. First priority is getting account registration working again. I'll take a look at making a webpage for it this week. I'll need to talk to Nick and Spanky because ideally it should be a part of the AAO25 website rather than some externally hosted site.
Assist does have some tracking stuff already done but as far as I am aware it was not completed and I have no idea what state it's currently in.

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
  • AA: Lord-of-War
« Reply #36 on: Monday, January 15, 2018, 14:07:52 PM »
Dear Merlin and whoever speaks German
I wrote an E-Mail to Marco(Homey) - let's see if he answers me - hope this will work

Lord-of-War  :style:

7:59 PM (4 minutes ago)
to marco.kawon

Gruess Dich Marco,
Wir alle hier bei Assist America's Army 2.5 sind sehr besorgt über den Shutdown Deiner Seite.
Wir können momentan keine neuen Spieler rekrutieren oder Namen ändern etc. und natürlich fehlen uns auch die schönen Statistiken.
Wahrscheinlich hast Du schon mehrere Mails bekommen, aber hier noch einmal die Frage:
Wäre es möglich die Seite zu übernehmen oder könntest Du uns die Daten irgendwie überlassen ?
Für eine Antwort wäre ich Dir sehr dankbar
MfG

« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 16, 2018, 13:58:21 PM by Lord-of-War »
"the world is basically a forced labor camp from which the workers - all innocents - are led forth by lottery, a few each day, to be executed," Cormac McCarthy

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #37 on: Monday, January 15, 2018, 14:21:57 PM »
nice to hear that killaman. i know almost for sure that ELiZ did coded it to the end. he also had an import of the datas from bt. he could help very easy i guess - when he would answer the request :(

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday, January 15, 2018, 14:38:30 PM »
ah well - all seems to be taken care of
I feel kind of stupid now  :oops:

"the world is basically a forced labor camp from which the workers - all innocents - are led forth by lottery, a few each day, to be executed," Cormac McCarthy

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #39 on: Monday, January 15, 2018, 16:42:28 PM »
no lord, every try to take it back is a good step for sure. thanks for that.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2018, 23:15:55 PM »
We don't need tracker only need a system that allows players to login in assist.......

Again Merlin, poss, killa, teddy,  thanks for all your time you've put into this game to keep it alive long as it's been

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 02:36:09 AM »
We don't need tracker only need a system that allows players to login in assist.......

Again Merlin, poss, killa, teddy,  thanks for all your time you've put into this game to keep it alive long as it's been
Something that count honor would be good as well (although not essential).
As Merlin said, ELiZ made most of this a few years back already.
Now it's a matter of enabling new user registration and secure logins (as well as existing accounts, hopefully). But since ELiZ hasn't been on here for over a year and seems to be hard to reach some of the process can take longer than it would ideally.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 06:41:28 AM »
I did look into ultimate respawn mod, in this is also a honer function points system. meaby that  can be the solution.

Offline Alex

« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 23:24:18 PM »
Something that count honor would be good as well (although not essential).
As Merlin said, ELiZ made most of this a few years back already.
Now it's a matter of enabling new user registration and secure logins (as well as existing accounts, hopefully). But since ELiZ hasn't been on here for over a year and seems to be hard to reach some of the process can take longer than it would ideally.
I could be wrong as I've been away for awhile, but I'm pretty sure honor is already primarily kept track of by the assist database and thus should see no change after BT shuts down.

Also, the goal is to not only allow new accounts, but account editing as well. Editing accounts is a pretty simple addition once account registry is up and running again. I just need some free time to work on it. Hopefully tomorrow through the weekend.
I have absolutely no insight as to how Eliz set this all up, but we're going to try our best to sort it out and get everything working decently well. I'd feel bad letting this community down after so long.
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 00:27:10 AM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 05:34:50 AM »
As battletracker seems to be up at the moment (maybe my E-Mail helped a bit and he felt sorry for us- no reply as yet) this is now the perfect time for Eliz or whoever is capable of setting up a new tracking system , account registration etc. to save the data and keep it for a new system.Would be a pity if all the Information is lost forever.I can't do it cause I have no clue about programming and all these things - otherwise I would - I am old and slow  :D

(Toplists,Servers and Personal Profile works on BT atm nothing else - no Registration or Name Change possible - I got no idea why it works - can't send private message to Homey on BT)

Please take this opportunity to do something before it is too late !!
Maybe tomorrow BT is offline again.

Thank you very much
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 14:39:18 PM by Lord-of-War »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager