Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Battletracker service will be shutdown forever soon  (Read 64260 times)

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
  • AA: Lord-of-War
Re: Battletracker service will be shutdown forever soon
« Reply #60 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 12:42:44 PM »
yes I am afraid that my stats are gone - I worked hard for it   :shock:
Sorry for being so impatient - I will wait and see then
I won't pester you guys anymore - my apologies
I will be away next week for a month or 2 anyway - maybe I get a surprise upon my return.
I understand that account registration is the most urgent issue at the moment -
I just love the stats per map - so nice to see where you stand

Anyway thanx to all dedicating their free time to this game and keeping this game alive

Cheers
Lord-of-War  :style:
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 04:40:11 AM by Lord-of-War »
"the world is basically a forced labor camp from which the workers - all innocents - are led forth by lottery, a few each day, to be executed," Cormac McCarthy

Offline Alex

« Reply #61 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 14:57:22 PM »
yes I am afraid that my stats are gone - I worked hard for it   :shock:
Sorry for being so impatient - I will wait and see then
I wpn't pester you guys anymore - my apologies
I will be away next week for a month or 2 anyway - maybe I get a surprise upon my return.
I understand that account registration is the most urgent issue at the moment -
I just love the stats per map - so nice to see where you stand

Anyway thanx to all dedicating their free time to this game and keeping this game alive

Cheers

I cannot promise that stats, and especially per map stats are ever going to return. I know some work was done on it a while ago, but how much and if it's kept up to date I really don't know.

This is a lot more than webapp work. That's the easy part. The entire auth system is pretty intricate and the only person that knows/knew how it worked is not around anymore.
I did receive an email back from Eliz yesterday and he says that he doesn't really remember how most of it was setup (it wasn't all setup by him) but did answer some questions for me and I'm trying to piece a lot of this stuff together.

This is going to take some time. Hopefully when there's a better understanding of how everything works, I can give a more certain answer, but for right now, our only goal is to get account management working.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #62 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 16:39:38 PM »
thank you

Offline LegionQC

« Reply #63 on: Monday, January 22, 2018, 20:14:11 PM »
I would be ready to chip in some of my canadian currency for some publicity !!!! i dont know much about how publicity online works but we could try to pay some popular twitch players<<or I >> to play on AA a few hours here and there ! this game is FREE and Complete runs on low end pc this game should have MANY MANY players some good publicity wouldnt hurt i would chip in for publicity no matter what kind !!! if anyone has an android phone or tablet i have a great App to make free money threw paypal for doing nothing at all with 1 tablet and 1 phone i make 10$ a week and if you reffer friends u make 25% of what they make if we could be like 10-15 people using this systeme we could pay for alot of things basically for free !! im willing to chip in the 10$ a week i make ! And thanks to everyone working hard on trying to save our favorite game !!

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2018, 13:01:47 PM »
This is my last attempt (E-Mail) to Homey
Then I'll give up.        Lord-of-War  :style:

Battletracker
6:40 PM (14 minutes ago)
to marco.kawon

Hi Homey,
Sorry to bother you again my friend.

It looks like the admins of assist will be able to tailor something to enable account registration in the next couple of months but as things stand noone seems to be able to program a site like yours.
It would be a damn pity if the nice stats per map, stats per player and overall ranking per player etc. are gone forever.A lot of us are playing this game since the beginning and you can imagine that years of information is gonna be lost.I am not bothered about the clan statistics.
I hereby ask you almost beg you can't we come to an agreement that we will cover your costs of running the site and pay you a certain monthly amount per PayPal.
There are more than enough players willing to donate.Please think it over.What have you got to loose except being kind ?

Yours sincerely
Nils (Lord-of-War)

6:42 PM (12 minutes ago)
to marco.kawon

That will be my last message to you. Sorry to have sent this to your work address - thought your battletracker E-Mail doesn't work anymore
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 24, 2018, 14:01:02 PM by Lord-of-War »
"the world is basically a forced labor camp from which the workers - all innocents - are led forth by lottery, a few each day, to be executed," Cormac McCarthy

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #65 on: Thursday, January 25, 2018, 03:48:32 AM »
I actually got a response from Homey saying that he'll keep the AA pages up for a couple more months to give us time to create a replacement. He said that after so long he just wants to move on from Battletracker and I can't really blame him for it. He's done so much for this game I think he deserves a thanks from everyone.

<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Thursday, January 25, 2018, 04:43:20 AM »
Game is gonna die without stats  :cry:
I rest my case for now  ;)

Offline Scorpy

« Reply #67 on: Thursday, January 25, 2018, 05:01:01 AM »

i agree,  many ppl will leave if no stats ......... :censored:..............

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #68 on: Thursday, January 25, 2018, 06:41:01 AM »

i agree,  many ppl will leave if no stats ......... :censored:..............
not when assist make place for 285 . by making a link to all servers in 285 and make downloads possible and writing how to get in.   support it is aa army .

Offline ronski

« Reply #69 on: Thursday, January 25, 2018, 07:24:31 AM »
Speaking of stats, does Battletracker own the data or is Battletracker just a 3rd party site to display it all? If so, then stats wont be gone forever even if Battletracker comes to its end, it would be just a matter of time to build another site which would do the same interaction

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Thursday, January 25, 2018, 11:39:07 AM »
I don't think he owns our player data, but he put in all the work - I don't know -
PHP, SQL whatever he did (Homey) - I think the difficult part is the interaction between Assist and Battletracker - I am sure he wouldn't mind sharing the existing stats to date with us if we could figure out how it is all linked to his site.
I would love to do something like this if someone shows me but I am afraid my
knowledge is very limited and I know fuck all about programming languages.

We probably will have to start from scratch again and the sad part would be that all our history in this game will be lost if Homey isn't prepared to share his database with us - which by the sound of it he doesn't want to do - he somehow regards it as his own creation (property whatever)

« Last Edit: Thursday, January 25, 2018, 11:48:26 AM by Lord-of-War »

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #71 on: Thursday, January 25, 2018, 11:49:10 AM »
Sure he owns the data. It is his database, his webpage and more. You did decide to give him the datas when you did register your account, your server and more :).
As you can read, KillaMan will not ask him to sell them - and i can understand this.
But be patient, there is already a database for aa25assist. And if we are lucky, and no one did shut it down, we would have all datas already. If not, a database dump has to be done by aa25 assist admins - but be sure, they do know what to do, it only takes some time.

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, January 25, 2018, 12:02:01 PM »
Roger that - I really hope you are right about this - Let's be patient then

Offline Alex

« Reply #73 on: Thursday, January 25, 2018, 12:50:33 PM »
Speaking of stats, does Battletracker own the data or is Battletracker just a 3rd party site to display it all? If so, then stats wont be gone forever even if Battletracker comes to its end, it would be just a matter of time to build another site which would do the same interaction
BT owns all stats and player info. It's in their database. There's no other way it could work. The Army shut down their servers long ago, who else would be holding the data?
A while ago Eliz made assist database tables that mimic'd what it was getting from BT. This is why we have a list of all players and even some stats. I was told by eliz we could simply point auth to the assist database rather than BTs.

Also, Homey told me he would give me a DB dump and possibly some code behind it when he finally decides to shut it down. We'll see if that holds true.

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Thursday, January 25, 2018, 13:03:48 PM »
well that sounds promising to me

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager