Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Using mouse macros in 25Assist is now detected.  (Read 42663 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Using mouse macros in 25Assist is now detected.
« Reply #75 on: Sunday, September 14, 2014, 22:49:16 PM »
AA was never against macros, you can figure out it was permitted, and now you suddenly forbid macro use and ban many of the few remaining players from the AA.
BocaNegra, feel free to post the link where America's Army developers said macros are ok. Until you do, quit using that as an excuse. Is the game really worth keeping alive if it's full of cheaters?

The mouse macros weren't the biggest problem, the user.ini that players edited to take more shots and be more difficult to die were! That's what you have to fix (user.ini)!
I doubt you can edit the user.ini to shoot more often and even if you could, it will be detected. I also highly doubt you can make yourself more difficult to die in the user.ini. Feel free to prove me wrong with some proof.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Bart!

« Reply #76 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 01:32:30 AM »
The mouse macros weren't the biggest problem, the user.ini that players edited to take more shots and be more difficult to die were! That's what you have to fix (user.ini)! That ban was a total disrespect for those that use macros, because AA was never against macros, you can figure out it was permitted, and now you suddenly forbid macro use and ban many of the few remaining players from the AA.
Do you know what you are talking about?
There is NO single way to edit something in the user.ini to die faster, and it's still a horrible excuse.

I still haven't found any valid excuse to use a macro other than to gain an advantage over others by means of a 3d-party program, instead of saying: "but it was always allowed", try to get on to the point.

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 05:03:01 AM »
Use your brain Ares. The admins discuss things together.
haha well in that case :D
Although the diffrence is signigicant.
« Last Edit: Monday, September 15, 2014, 05:19:17 AM by Ares »

Offline rmcdzk

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 07:20:57 AM »
Do you know what you are talking about?
There is NO single way to edit something in the user.ini to die faster, and it's still a horrible excuse.

I guess that brightness=0 might help :D

Offline Ganja

« Reply #79 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 09:52:58 AM »

Offline Bart!

« Reply #80 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 12:59:49 PM »
I guess that brightness=0 might help :D
lol :D

Jared

« Reply #81 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 14:47:16 PM »
.Ba^La.Marrequinho
..Ba^La..Azulao^
..Ba^La..Cadu_171
..Ba^La..Calango
..Ba^La..Marreco._
..Ba^La..Petel
..Ba^La..Samuel.
.uC-Estev4m'
.uC-.;F;r;a;g;_
.uC-KaMi!
.uC-kokada;!
.uC-mane'-Chikinho
-mentirosO'
-RicskoK-[Hun's)
-xtina
=IGC=vanted
aVenue.funxii
aVenue.zOx+
X-Treme
ZoTya-[Hun's)

LOL.  :sign_bitch:

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: Monday, September 15, 2014, 22:29:35 PM »
Great job Eliz!

bye bye funxxi... i knew it, you sad little prick!
who is laughing now whaaahaaaaahaaaa  :cool:

All the fakers got their account banned   :style:

Offline OICURMT2!

« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 09:55:47 AM »
The mouse macros weren't the biggest problem, the user.ini that players edited to take more shots and be more difficult to die were! That's what you have to fix (user.ini)! That ban was a total disrespect for those that use macros, because AA was never against macros, you can figure out it was permitted, and now you suddenly forbid macro use and ban many of the few remaining players from the AA.

BocaNegra, feel free to post the link where America's Army developers said macros are ok. Until you do, quit using that as an excuse. Is the game really worth keeping alive if it's full of cheaters?

I doubt you can edit the user.ini to shoot more often and even if you could, it will be detected. I also highly doubt you can make yourself more difficult to die in the user.ini. Feel free to prove me wrong with some proof.

A few comments...

1) The original developers were neither for nor against macros.  They were publically silent on the issue.
2) Macros do not equal to cheating, per se, but rather obtaining an unfair advantage, this is against the ethics of the game itself.  Sort like bringing a gun to a knife fight... you can do it and nothing stops you from doing it, but is it really fair?
3) The ini file does indeed have some options that allow an unfair advantage...  This is why CVAR checks were introduced in PB, so I don't get why Boca would even this this is a problem, because it is not.
4) The biggest problem in all games is the real-time injection of object code into the stack.  Properly designed, even the operating system has no idea what it going on.

I could comment on "hackers" versus script kiddies and the like.  In my opinion the latter are a scourge on gaming (as only an idiot would pay for "skilz"), the former I have respect for (as an engineer who has reverse engineered, i.e. hacked, both hardware and software in a former life).  BTW: I use the term "hacker" in the traditional sense, not the new found post-gaming era definition... Hacking used to be an honored tradition, but alas, it is now viewed in a poor light due to the negative connotations with the art...

Bottomline, If someone wanted to get an undetected advantage, it is simplier than anyone realizes.  I won't offer any guidance, but lateral thinking is all that it required (and a soldering gun).  If someone wants to cheat badly enough, nothing will stop them.  But ask yourself, is winning in a PC game so important that you are willing to cheat to get there?  Seems like a substitute for self-esteem... maybe you should see a psychiatrist.

OIC!
--
Oh, I See You Are Empty Too !

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 10:29:16 AM »

A few comments...

1) The original developers were neither for nor against macros.  They were publically silent on the issue.
2) Macros do not equal to cheating, per se, but rather obtaining an unfair advantage, this is against the ethics of the game itself.  Sort like bringing a gun to a knife fight... you can do it and nothing stops you from doing it, but is it really fair?
3) The ini file does indeed have some options that allow an unfair advantage...  This is why CVAR checks were introduced in PB, so I don't get why Boca would even this this is a problem, because it is not.
4) The biggest problem in all games is the real-time injection of object code into the stack.  Properly designed, even the operating system has no idea what it going on.

I could comment on "hackers" versus script kiddies and the like.  In my opinion the latter are a scourge on gaming (as only an idiot would pay for "skilz"), the former I have respect for (as an engineer who has reverse engineered, i.e. hacked, both hardware and software in a former life).  BTW: I use the term "hacker" in the traditional sense, not the new found post-gaming era definition... Hacking used to be an honored tradition, but alas, it is now viewed in a poor light due to the negative connotations with the art...

Bottomline, If someone wanted to get an undetected advantage, it is simplier than anyone realizes.  I won't offer any guidance, but lateral thinking is all that it required (and a soldering gun).  If someone wants to cheat badly enough, nothing will stop them.  But ask yourself, is winning in a PC game so important that you are willing to cheat to get there?  Seems like a substitute for self-esteem... maybe you should see a psychiatrist.

OIC!
I like your post. Thank you.

Where's the "Like" button when you need one? :D
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Glaucoed

« Reply #85 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 11:50:07 AM »
LOL.  :sign_bitch:

You have to laugh at yourself, must be a weak player who can not play!

Jared

« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 11:58:43 AM »

You have to laugh at yourself, must be a weak player who can not play!

Come at me bro.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #87 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 12:21:26 PM »

A few comments...

OIC!
Well said.
Real hackers, who don't hack to feel better in a game, but to test vulnerabilities and seeing what's possible, I respect them. And I respect them a lot.
I totally agree with that.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #88 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 13:05:39 PM »
An unfair advantage is cheating. It cheats the other players out of a fun and fair time if nothing else.

[...]

Bottomline, If someone wanted to get an undetected advantage, it is simplier than anyone realizes.  I won't offer any guidance, but lateral thinking is all that it required (and a soldering gun).  If someone wants to cheat badly enough, nothing will stop them.
I think you'd be pretty surprised/impressed with Assist's detection methods. Not much is possible these days without some form of detection. It's better than a lot of modern games and a far cry from what it used to be. Part of it is because we have a small user base and that makes it easier to administrate things.

Aside from my comments, I completely agree with the rest of your post.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline amumu

• View Profile
  • AA: amumu
« Reply #89 on: Tuesday, September 16, 2014, 13:18:57 PM »
hello , good afternoon am .uC - mane_chikinho , and I wonder how do I get back to playing this game again , because I want to kill again ...

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager