Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Using mouse macros in 25Assist is now detected.  (Read 42864 times)

Offline ELiZ

Re: Using mouse macros in 25Assist is now detected.
« Reply #30 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 12:18:14 PM »
Just to finish understanding this:
I have Razor DeathAdder. It's comes with its specific software where you can control a bunch of things included macros.
I don't have macros configured.
Will this be detected as "macroed" just for having razor software controller, or not?
Thanks in advance.

What program is that?
In the next version of 25Asisst there will be a lock, so that 25Assist will not start if certain applications is running.

The detection we use now for macros is not based of what applications you have running.
We do however use running programs as secondary proof when our primary detections find something wrong.

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 12:23:02 PM »
these "gaming mouses" you guys talk about have a on and off switch, if not a physical one, then within the mouse software to activate double, or tripleclick. So you might not have a macro per say, but your mouse does.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 12:59:34 PM »
I have Razor DeathAdder. It's comes with its specific software where you can control a bunch of things included macros.
Will this be detected as "macroed" just for having razor software controller, or not?
Thanks in advance.

if not mistaken that mouse also controls recoil???  Like the blood v7 mouse so I'm guessing using that mouse will get players ban .or just for using mouse for there macro compatibles?????

Offline Bart!

« Reply #33 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 13:43:43 PM »
Thanks in advance.
No, as long as you do not create a macro to gain an advantage, you are safe to go. We detect the macro usage, and some of the programs.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #34 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 14:08:44 PM »
No, as long as you do not create a macro to gain an advantage, you are safe to go. We detect the macro usage, and some of the programs.

I'll clarify this a bit more; It doesn't matter if you feel like you've gained an advantage or not, ANY macro usage in the game will be detected and you will receive a ban. The detection has nothing to do with which program you use. Don't try to rename commander.exe, it won't help. We don't care if you use it in other games (though, that's still shitty on your part), just don't bring it to Assist.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline lukinhas

• I Love You Americas Army 2.5 Assist
    • View Profile
  • AA: -.[H].attack!
« Reply #35 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 17:33:19 PM »
That's true, That use of macro, greatly benefits those who use it as weapon like m16 is automatic ... and our m16 who does not use it, out of 3 in 3 shots while the wearer goes out automatically, impossible to compete with someone who uses ...

Offline Dialects

« Reply #36 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 17:39:25 PM »
Just to clarify this whole mouse software/macro presets argument;

When you buy a mouse you're essentially buying a 'naked' piece of hardware. Most of the advanced mouses companies offer their own respective applications/software so that you can further enhance the usability and adaptability of the mouse to your liking --from changing mouse sensitivity on both X and Y angles, pressing sensibility, mouse acceleration...to having 5 or so buttons available to your needs.

Once you change these settings, they'll become an integral part of how your mouse works thus rendering them definitive changes. So far as I am aware the aforementioned is allowed and will not get you banned per say. I emphasise: Permanent mouse tweaks such as the one above should be tolerable.

In essence; having expensive mouses that come with a uber-software will not get you banned. Tweaking your mouse settings, saving them, opening AA and playing won't get you banned either. However, setting up macro actions, two-step tweak settings, key bindings and the likes will. It's as simple as that. No matter how hard you look at it, the only way you'll get yourself a ban is if you try too hard to tweak your mouse to adapt the lack of skill you may suffer from -- if you're smart enough to do that then you're smart enough to know that you're not being banned because of your mouse but because of your conscious actions.
« Last Edit: Friday, September 12, 2014, 17:41:19 PM by Dialects »
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #37 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 17:45:43 PM »
Couldn't have said it better Dan.

Offline jovem.

« Reply #38 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 18:22:52 PM »
Using ignorance as an excuse you only prove one thing.. your ignorance.
Come back in a week.

Ignorance? I? So I'm a little disappointed by this ban have taken that to me was unfair eliz, without even having been warned or anything! Ate because as far as I know no macro and xiter! or e? Because after so many years of AA so now decide to do this? without at least to consider the fact ate because everyone use configuration and a mouse and not do miracles! See much deny cries coming here saying this and that! If you look straight my longest playing time maps are in SF and not with M16 where it needs macro!

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 18:30:52 PM »
Ignorance? I? So I'm a little disappointed by this ban have taken that to me was unfair eliz, without even having been warned or anything! Ate because as far as I know no macro and xiter! or e? Because after so many years of AA so now decide to do this? without at least to consider the fact ate because everyone use configuration and a mouse and not do miracles! See much deny cries coming here saying this and that! If you look straight my longest playing time maps are in SF and not with M16 where it needs macro!

get over it. Macros not allowed no longer case closed......
glad eliz worked so hard on this

Offline jovem.

« Reply #40 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 18:34:51 PM »
That's true, That use of macro, greatly benefits those who use it as weapon like m16 is automatic ... and our m16 who does not use it, out of 3 in 3 shots while the wearer goes out automatically, impossible to compete with someone who uses ...

And when playing with 2 accounts on the same server at different times, not elp you? Logico yes lucas! How do you or did not care and yet no one here has done absolutely nothing about it, and yes that anti-game!

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #41 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 18:53:39 PM »
Macros are not and NEVER WERE allowed. It's just that now, thanks to ELiZ, we've come to a point where we can DETECT them.

As for not getting a warning warning:
Ignorantia juris non excusat
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Branco

« Reply #42 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 19:49:53 PM »
I my opnion, the macro is not allowed, ok? correct? ok, but, in the first time, I think that, the admins of AA could have warned the players and after this, in second time, if the players don`t stop using this, then banned all that using this, but, the admin decided this, I love this game, but is a bankrupt game, you can say to me that no and etc, I ask to you, how many players play AA everyday? 50? 40? Have the many fps game that everyday beat records of players with 1500 players or above this, and admins from AA banned my members cuz 1 or 2 members used macro?! Spare me..  But, YOU will remembers when this game hasn`t more players. And this is next to happen. Alright, if you give a second chance to some uC members, I never user cheater or macro, I understood the view of point by admin, but in my opnion was very severe. Think about, and give a second chance to everybody, You gave a second chance to guys that used cheater 6 months ago... what is macro thereabouts? I don`t want press you, but if you don`t give a second chance, we will go to insurgency game...

Thank You everybody.
by BRANCO!
« Last Edit: Friday, September 12, 2014, 19:59:42 PM by Branco »

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #43 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 19:57:47 PM »
I'd like to point out that you've had the opportunity to read what is and what isn't allowed by agreeing to the TOS when you first downloaded Assist and with every update that has occurred. That was your warning.

In case you agreed to it without reading;
The Assist Developers ("Devs") consider cheating through the use of "unauthorized third party programs" a violation of this TOS agreement. An "unauhthorized third party program" is defined, but not limited to, any alteration or add-on that:
   (i) enables or facilitates cheating of any type;
   (ii) allows users to modify or "hack" the AA graphical user interface, environment, and/or experience in any
                      way not expressly allowed by the Assist Devs in the TOS agreement;

The Licensee is considered violating the Terms of Service if you, the Licensee:
[...]
   (viii) Use or distribute "auto" software programs, "macro" software programs or other "cheat utility"
                        software program or applications.

Any violation of this License will result in a termination followed by a permanent ban without notice to the Licensee.

Offline Branco

« Reply #44 on: Friday, September 12, 2014, 20:09:31 PM »
Yes, I understood this, but 6 months ago, you admins from AA, gave a second chance to cheaters that exceed all rules, then now, by macro you banned the players, I can`t understood this, 2 months ago, the players(ba..lucas) that put the second account on game to see other players playing in other team, YOU applied the punishment of 1 week without play, and now by macro you banned forever this account of my members... Sincerely, I`m disappointed with admins.... In my opnion you admin before this ocassion, you can give a second change to my members... think about this, I will not tolerate this atitude of my members in the clan, could you think about? please?

Thank you.
by BRANCO!

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager