Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: New Website  (Read 18307 times)

Offline B@lestra^

Re: New Website
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 08:10:42 AM »
no, cos yur a faggot harry

Oh please stfu stupid moron . I didn't ask you, since you have nothing to say here.

Jared

« Reply #31 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 11:00:31 AM »
Okay, to help some of you out I made the font color a tad bit darker.

Jared

« Reply #32 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 11:42:37 AM »
could go 1 or 5 shades even more

Any darker and it will be black, and the text will not be black.

The thing is why your all mad, isn't the fact that its white with grey text. It’s a case of the user’s power being seized by the designer, albeit a very tiny amount. People spent the time learning our old interface — they’ve invested this time — and as a result they’ve gained a little power in the world — that is, they’ve gained the ability to better control their environment. With every interface change, their level of control gets pushed back a little, and they have to reorient themselves around the new design. But what’s worse is probably not that people need to spend time learning the new interface — this probably won’t take long — but that they can feel power being taken away from them..

Offline Alex

« Reply #33 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 12:11:48 PM »
On most forums you are able to select a theme. Most people dont like being blinded at 4 am in the morning and therefore they like a darker theme.
I have a great solution, don't use your computer without a light on, it's bad for your eyes anyways.

Offline Alex

« Reply #34 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 12:18:19 PM »
Cite a source for that killa? I dont believe my eyes have been damaged.
It most likely won't cause any permanent damage, but it does cause your eyes to strain which isn't good short-term.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 13:32:12 PM »
Keep raging mans, it's cute.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline ^^UnDiSpUtEd^^

« Reply #36 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 15:01:32 PM »
I think previous website layout was better and easy to understand:) but this one is ok too but more confusing for other players

Offline Alex

« Reply #37 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 15:03:25 PM »
I think previous website layout was better and easy to understand:) but this one is ok too but more confusing for other players
What is more confusing about it?

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 15:17:10 PM »
I always have flux on. No blinding white light.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 15:27:54 PM »

I honestly find it to be clearer than the previous forum version, now the blog and the forum are also joining the each other in a smoother way, you have a much less invasive shoutbox with no image posting available on it, and the useful bits of data right on top on the header. The layout is tidy and neat, and while there are a few tiny parts i don't like, the overall design is good.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 15:41:27 PM »
I honestly find it to be clearer than the previous forum version, now the blog and the forum are also joining the each other in a smoother way, you have a much less invasive shoutbox with no image posting available on it, and the useful bits of data right on top on the header. The layout is tidy and neat, and while there are a few tiny parts i don't like, the overall design is good.

Thanks for looking at it in a positive way Koden. We do still have some minor tweaking but functionally, it's better than the old site and that's why we released it.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline soupcakes

• no soup for 4 U!
    • View Profile
  • AA: soul
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 15:42:19 PM »
I bet 84% of users here get a blown out white looking at this: http://uofgts.com/PS-P2Site/moncal.gif

i can see each and every square aswell, but i agree with mans, i like darker backgrounds over bright ones. just personal preference, feels easier on my eyes.

but i really like the lay out and how the 'chill boards' are below each main section. seems more organized. thanks for your time
You gotta have a nuclear soul
To melt down all your sorrowful load
And you gotta have a mercury soul
To weigh down any glimmer of gold

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 16:15:52 PM »
In the Users Online section there doesn't seem to be any distinction between users on your Buddy List and those that are not. I know pretty much nobody uses the Buddy List but I do aaaand yeah now it's meaningless. Take it out, make buddies bold, or make no changes at all. It doesn't matter, I won't complain :p
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Offline Alex

« Reply #43 on: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 21:08:48 PM »
In the Users Online section there doesn't seem to be any distinction between users on your Buddy List and those that are not. I know pretty much nobody uses the Buddy List but I do aaaand yeah now it's meaningless. Take it out, make buddies bold, or make no changes at all. It doesn't matter, I won't complain :p
There's a buddy list for these forums? :o

Offline Ganja

« Reply #44 on: Monday, March 19, 2012, 07:01:36 AM »
Forum look very neat like some already said, just need some time to get used to it, but looks very profesional

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager