Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: 25Assist Client Serverlist issue - Solution  (Read 6105 times)

Offline ELiZ

25Assist Client Serverlist issue - Solution
« on: Sunday, July 19, 2015, 10:09:30 AM »
It seem that the problems that source forge had forced them to roll back the files like they were a long time ago. That means that the application you download right now is 8.18

Here is the 8.19 Manual download:

Windows
http://aao25.com/assistdl/Data/25Assist.zip

Linux:
http://aao25.com/assistdl/Data/25Assist-Linux.zip

Mac:
http://aao25.com/assistdl/Data/25Assist.app.tar.gz

I'm unsure what other problems might occur since the rolled back the files, and it's unknown if they will roll forward or not, all I know is that we don't have access at the moment to upload new files to sourceforge
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 02, 2015, 00:38:20 AM by ELiZ »

Offline ELiZ

Re: More issues because of sourceforge.net
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, July 19, 2015, 10:15:49 AM »
Post here if you have an issue after you have verified that you have version 8.19

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
  • AA: Lord-of-War
Re: Serverlist issue - Solution
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, July 19, 2015, 11:16:58 AM »
Ok i will try it when i have the time -
I let you know if it works

Thank you

Lord-of-War  :style:
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 19, 2015, 12:24:13 PM by Lord-of-War »
"the world is basically a forced labor camp from which the workers - all innocents - are led forth by lottery, a few each day, to be executed," Cormac McCarthy

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, July 19, 2015, 12:10:40 PM »
Now with this assist is finally downloading aa :) thanks. Nolifing can begin again! :D

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, July 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM »
While downloading, I get occasionally a CE that says something about atools. What does it mean?

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, July 19, 2015, 13:00:23 PM »
While downloading, I get occasionally a CE that says something about atools. What does it mean?

25Assist for Intel macs has a bug that will produce that error, you just unlucky that it happened while downloading, just restart, it should restart where it left off.

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
  • AA: Lord-of-War
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, July 19, 2015, 14:11:54 PM »
After the download it all works perfect now with Windows. Thanx Eliz  ;)

Lord-of-War  :style:
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 19, 2015, 14:15:58 PM by Lord-of-War »
"the world is basically a forced labor camp from which the workers - all innocents - are led forth by lottery, a few each day, to be executed," Cormac McCarthy

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, July 19, 2015, 17:44:29 PM »
I use Ubuntu Linux. Well, download continued despite of the error and game worked. Unluckily Ubuntu 64bit doesnt have needed 32bit libraries which I had to find out and download one by one. Last ones were 32 bit sound libraries.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #8 on: Monday, July 20, 2015, 15:38:14 PM »
a friend of mine did try both ways. the original and this one. but with both he has this error

failed to verify vital components, please check you internet connection and write permissions to assist folder and then retry

he did start the 25assist.exe with admin rights, but seems not to work. any suggestions ?

btw: he did try the install Monday at 21.30 CEST on win7 64

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #9 on: Monday, July 20, 2015, 16:31:25 PM »
a friend of mine did try both ways. the original and this one. but with both he has this error

failed to verify vital components, please check you internet connection and write permissions to assist folder and then retry

he did start the 25assist.exe with admin rights, but seems not to work. any suggestions ?

btw: he did try the install Monday at 21.30 CEST on win7 64

And what version does it say he has?

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #10 on: Monday, July 20, 2015, 18:32:32 PM »
he did try to install both version - the one at surgeforce and the one you did post here.
but I will ask him tomorrow.

he did download first the "regular" one at "download for free", didn't work. then I told him to download this one at this thread.

same result. he downloaded the .zip file and he did try first do run the .exe at desktop. also with admin rights. then I told him to put that at %appdata% aa25assist folder to start again from there with admin rights. the same error.

maybe he is doing something wrong, but it seems to me that he understand the part of windows os very good. so this should not be a problem at all.

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2015, 00:08:23 AM »
he did try to install both version - the one at surgeforce and the one you did post here.
but I will ask him tomorrow.

he did download first the "regular" one at "download for free", didn't work. then I told him to download this one at this thread.

same result. he downloaded the .zip file and he did try first do run the .exe at desktop. also with admin rights. then I told him to put that at %appdata% aa25assist folder to start again from there with admin rights. the same error.

maybe he is doing something wrong, but it seems to me that he understand the part of windows os very good. so this should not be a problem at all.

On windows, just download, unzip on desktop and run 25Assist.exe
http://aao25.com/assistdl/Data/25Assist.zip

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2015, 06:40:23 AM »
thanks. I will tell him.
I did think about, maybe he had a piece of the other part installed... ?
we will delete all others and start again. I give feedback this evening or tomorrow when done.

Offline superabdou

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2015, 09:02:34 AM »
guys i got same problem of ype.html and tried all what u said
not working for me

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2015, 11:50:23 AM »
win ? or mac?
and please give a feedback when it did work.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager