Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: In game language filter has been turned off  (Read 7876 times)

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
Re: In game language filter has been turned off
« Reply #15 on: Monday, March 02, 2015, 22:18:54 PM »
Is the.choice still there if filter is wanted on???????
nope
but i'm sure you're not the one wanting a filter :D
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, March 03, 2015, 00:51:25 AM »
Nope not 4 me u know me lol.  Trying to get some youngsters playing aa. Not sure if that's a good idea being how addictive it is lol

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, March 03, 2015, 00:54:30 AM »
Nope not 4 me u know me lol.  Trying to get some youngsters playing aa. Not sure if that's a good idea being how addictive it is lol
will be worse when they get on TS :D
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, March 03, 2015, 17:37:18 PM »
I've been with Assist from the very beginning and there is nothing worse now than there was back then. Where is the regression?
... that's why you can not see it.
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, March 03, 2015, 17:46:54 PM »
... that's why you can not see it.
He's saying he's been here from the start and there's been no change when it was turned off. Now you're saying that's why he doesn't get it.
I suppose you mean that it's not as good at it should/could be. However, from past experience disabling the language filter doesn't increase nor decrease verbal abuse, but it pleases some people, so why not disable it.

Most of the verbal abuse doesn't come in the form of swear words anyway. Most people nowadays are smart enough to insult without the use of such language.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, March 03, 2015, 18:08:04 PM »
@Teddy: Yes, I know what he meant ... and exactly for this reason people like him can not be objective.
Would you?

Offline Ganja

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, March 03, 2015, 19:44:47 PM »
@Teddy: Yes, I know what he meant ... and exactly for this reason people like him can not be objective.

I thnik it's just because he's been there since the start, that he's objective.

Offline Alex

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, March 03, 2015, 21:35:18 PM »
So instead of actually saying how it is regressing or providing proof you attack my objectivity. Mature.  :up:
Skipping past the fact that this isn't even something that can be measured objectively (unless you're keeping count of insults and confrontations among players, which you aren't), I stand by my first post. Please tell me how it's regressing or "going out of control." Please, for once explain what you mean.
I'd also love an explanation about how my experience of being a part of the community for the entire lifetime of Assist means I cannot judge the player attitude correctly. How exactly are you supposed to gain evidence from the past community without seeing/being a part of it?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 03, 2015, 21:38:47 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, March 04, 2015, 01:07:21 AM »
Like I said, this doesn't make sense. He knows from past exprerience that changing this will not have an effect and he is therefore not objective? I don't follow your logic.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, March 04, 2015, 06:39:16 AM »
@Teddy please, you are above this ...

Back to you two - I see, it become a personal crusade ... I like that.

@Killa: Always you have had a problem with reading between the lines so I will try to avoid that this time.

BOT: I'm not questioning your competence ... Your experience gained by being here from the beginning does not allow you to be objective - because you don't see things as outsiders do - it's like having the children's: after awhile you stop noticing how they grow, they change ... until something terrible or magnificent happen.

You're right, I do not play that 'damn game' and I'm here quite short time, but coming here time to time I can see the difference ... and it's getting worse. I can't give you the details because I promised myself to not get personally involved in this project.

I hope, now you understand what I mean.

@Ganja: Questioning someone objectivity can't be considered as an insult by any means.

BOT: If - some how - you didn't understand what I've said above to Killa, then PM me - I will try to translate this to your 'language'.

Above all: No offence ... It's just my independent opinion.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 04, 2015, 06:44:22 AM by NoBigDeal »
Would you?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager