Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Future of AAO25.com  (Read 24471 times)

Offline MothaGoosE

Re: Future of AAO25.com
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, November 17, 2012, 10:15:41 AM »
There's not so many players on AA... it's saturday afternoon and right now there are 110 servers for 91 players...
When AA was still supported by the US Army, they were making new maps for each version, until we reached a peak with the pack that had Floodgate - which was not really needed since we already had so many maps... That led to having maps that were not played at all ; and maps getting harder to play on. Sometimes there were no HQ Raid, no Mountain Ambush, even new maps (back then) were abandonned like Taiga, Arctic (which I can understand ^^).

My point is : if you make new maps right now, it will reduce the amount of players we have on other maps. Right, it wouldn't kill the game, but it wouldn't do much good to it either ^^ It would be fun for like 10 players (maximum) within these 90 players...

As for competition, we don't need new maps. There are so many competitive maps right now, just stick to what we used to play in CAL, ESL, TWL. Those maps are great, I don't see why we should change them ; AA got great maps for matches !

I understand the bit about maps being abandoned, as far as losing players: correlation does not necessarily mean causation. New maps will not hurt the game because at the very worst, they will simply be ignored, which changes nothing.

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #91 on: Saturday, November 17, 2012, 10:20:36 AM »
The current compas is more than enough. No need for a radar or something...

Offline wickid

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, November 17, 2012, 11:49:30 AM »
Let's make it clear - the main reason were two recent events:

- Spanky "hijacking" the sourceforge project (by removing other admins and taking the donation account)
- Jared hacking down the aao25.com site (by stealing my password, removing some files, deleting all user accounts)

That's pretty fucked up

Only like to see more cvars and I agree it only takes 10 seconds to make a new acct,should go back the old way if new account is wanted, and scre that stupid ass radar

Offline Ganja

« Reply #93 on: Saturday, November 17, 2012, 13:11:04 PM »
I mean, like mAAp project, people played it but if you look at the time put into it/people playing it relation I think is it not worth it.
Now it's true it doesn't affect me, but many times people complain about fact they spend lot of time into mapping and nobdy plays it, it was actually a tip not an order :)

Offline dapand

• View Profile
  • AA: Panda
« Reply #94 on: Saturday, November 17, 2012, 14:20:15 PM »
At the very worst, 10 players or so would play on these "new" mAAps... again, it wouldn't hurt the game much, it would benefit to a small amount of players so putting efforts in creating mAAps is a question of choice, dedication and passion ^^ your call.

The only thing I find gay in this version is the length of flash effect - nobody likes getting flashed but this is way too long.
@_@

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, November 17, 2012, 14:35:02 PM »
The only thing I find gay in this version is the length of flash effect - nobody likes getting flashed but this is way too long.

:)
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Killing

• View Profile
  • AA: Ghost
« Reply #96 on: Saturday, November 17, 2012, 15:12:40 PM »

Offline LifrA

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Saturday, November 17, 2012, 23:00:34 PM »
For me all AAO2.5 needs, atm is:

A Chat on assist, because it would be usefull to get a scrim or talk with someone.  :idea:

Cvars + AC.  :mad: :mad: :mad:

2.8.5 radar, or a new one... Would be usefull but not mandatory.

New maps are useless.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #98 on: Saturday, November 17, 2012, 23:27:19 PM »
A Chat on assist [...] New maps are useless.

Your priorities sure are interesting. You mentioned probably the most useless thing Assist could have now (sorry Jonny). Have you not heard of MSN, Yahoo, AIM, GTalk, XFire, Steam, Mumble, Teamspeak, Ventrillo or anything like that? Much faster and with a lot of those, you can actually chat while in-game. I can't imagine many people would sit with Assist open waiting for someone else to invite them into a scrim...

But, hey, we all have different likes.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline wickid

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 00:34:00 AM »
[quote

[/quote]

Only the weak players use em, 

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #100 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 06:50:06 AM »
A Chat on assist.....
Sorry Lifra, I have to agree with Spanky on this one. You have all the ts ips anyway...

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 07:59:43 AM »
Only the weak players use em,

That's ridiculous!

Offline Shibby

« Reply #102 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 08:55:30 AM »
I would like something like a beep (optional) at the end of the round. It would be very helpful when playing on public servers. :)

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #103 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 09:43:12 AM »
I would like something like a beep (optional) at the end of the round. It would be very helpful when playing on public servers. :)
My game says "Your squad has been eliminated!", "Mission failed!", "Opposing forces eliminated!" or "Mission complete!" at the end already.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Shibby

« Reply #104 on: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 09:58:04 AM »
I wrote about a beep (or maybe something like popup) from Assist. I know the messages from the game but I can't hear it when I play in fullscreen mode and minimizes (ALT+TAB) the game after KIA.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager