Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Future of AAO25.com  (Read 24500 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Future of AAO25.com
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 17:44:41 PM »
Well, the poinf of view is different. I'm not running the project and I'm just a little beattle here. Shitness of radar/minimap is just my opinion.

Your post also applies to me ;)
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #76 on: Thursday, November 15, 2012, 03:15:06 AM »
tidididi think radar is shit, Spanky would like to have it - like i do.
so 2:1 for radar :D

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #77 on: Thursday, November 15, 2012, 03:38:14 AM »
tidididi think radar is shit, Spanky would like to have it - like i do.
so 2:1 for radar :D

If you want a full blown SAI, then why not a full move to 2.8.5?

Offline Ganja

« Reply #78 on: Thursday, November 15, 2012, 03:58:50 AM »
Because 2.8.5 is not compatible with Linux?

Offline ^^UnDiSpUtEd^^

« Reply #79 on: Thursday, November 15, 2012, 04:07:18 AM »
support spanky and would like to see changes, also would be good making better experience for MAC OS X users since this is the only game you can really play and would bring more people. You can't improve in the game because i played since old age of aao and i improve slicy.

Nice to see spanky, i respect u and what u done for aao, and good that pit left. He did nothing since u left.

Offline soupcakes

• no soup for 4 U!
    • View Profile
  • AA: soul
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, November 15, 2012, 06:23:31 AM »
your all drama queens....still.... i vote killaman takes over (now that spanky&his lover scared away the pitbull)

420, gotta do some stuff about things
You gotta have a nuclear soul
To melt down all your sorrowful load
And you gotta have a mercury soul
To weigh down any glimmer of gold

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #81 on: Thursday, November 15, 2012, 19:04:33 PM »
I do not know how to help Assist my skills are
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=8IeeWt46HyA&feature=endscreen
and a little photoshop
I am dedicate to a good game call 25Assist to quip it alive  i spent sumtime a litle monny,and
try to gif players a good time in server. A server that my friend make work like it works now.
O yhee i for got my family needs to time.
So if you see that i can help ask 
ALL good luck 

Offline BiG_SerGiO

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • "I got soul but i'm not a soldier..."
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese Warriors
  • AA: [PTwars]b!6
« Reply #82 on: Friday, November 16, 2012, 13:38:22 PM »
I will announce my decision by Monday :)
"Three things can not hide for long: the Moon, the Sun and the Truth"?
Hmm?

https://vortexservers.com/clients/aff.php?aff=406

Offline ^^UnDiSpUtEd^^

« Reply #83 on: Friday, November 16, 2012, 14:41:59 PM »
Find the best coder best staff for the game and make improvements, like new maps and a lots of updates

Offline Ganja

« Reply #84 on: Friday, November 16, 2012, 16:25:18 PM »
New maps or not needed, there are so fuking many maps not played now so why would we add maps??

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: Friday, November 16, 2012, 17:26:51 PM »
New maps are not needed, there are so many maps not played now so why would we add maps??

You know, it's about people willing to contribute to something they're really after, and i can't see any shortcoming for offering some worthy content to the game. Plus, it adds variety. Many today's games are so limited because of the lack of content, and inability for the players to experiment and design their own. Dozens of games have born as a mod, off of the original game (Red Orchestra, Killing Floor, Team Fortress, Counter Strike, etc).

Offline MothaGoosE

« Reply #86 on: Friday, November 16, 2012, 17:27:41 PM »
New maps or not needed, there are so fuking many maps not played now so why would we add maps??

Woah, chill. The reason is because there are already new maps that have been made that people put a LOT of work into. Also, some people like to try out new maps. Not all maps were created equal, so maybe some of the new ones will get played. It doesn't really have any negative impact on you.

Online teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #87 on: Friday, November 16, 2012, 21:32:14 PM »
Woah, chill. The reason is because there are already new maps that have been made that people put a LOT of work into. Also, some people like to try out new maps. Not all maps were created equal, so maybe some of the new ones will get played. It doesn't really have any negative impact on you.
I've got to agree.. even if people don't like the new maps, they can never really HURT the game. I see a far greater chance of the few people who like new content to give an impact than the people who don't care giving no fucks at all...
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Killjoy

« Reply #88 on: Saturday, November 17, 2012, 05:55:42 AM »
Ah, this is what I missed in AA3, all the AA2 drama! Luvit!  :up:

Anyway skip radar/SAI, more cvars and AC that's all, more maps never hurt but make competition maps!  :style:

Offline dapand

• View Profile
  • AA: Panda
« Reply #89 on: Saturday, November 17, 2012, 09:26:34 AM »
I've got to agree.. even if people don't like the new maps, they can never really HURT the game.

There's not so many players on AA... it's saturday afternoon and right now there are 110 servers for 91 players...
When AA was still supported by the US Army, they were making new maps for each version, until we reached a peak with the pack that had Floodgate - which was not really needed since we already had so many maps... That led to having maps that were not played at all ; and maps getting harder to play on. Sometimes there were no HQ Raid, no Mountain Ambush, even new maps (back then) were abandonned like Taiga, Arctic (which I can understand ^^).

My point is : if you make new maps right now, it will reduce the amount of players we have on other maps. Right, it wouldn't kill the game, but it wouldn't do much good to it either ^^ It would be fun for like 10 players (maximum) within these 90 players...

As for competition, we don't need new maps. There are so many competitive maps right now, just stick to what we used to play in CAL, ESL, TWL. Those maps are great, I don't see why we should change them ; AA got great maps for matches !
@_@

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager