Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: competition: get admin rights on [SWISS] servers  (Read 7249 times)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

competition: get admin rights on [SWISS] servers
« on: Saturday, July 04, 2015, 14:24:34 PM »
hi

from now on, you can get admin rights on [SWISS] servers !

you only have to be the best player at the actual month to get this rightq for you. always the best player on a server will be admin for the next month on that server. the actual ranking you will see on swiss clan page at the server tab. select the server you would like to look at for the points you have. all rankings are handled by gametracker.

rules:
the only restriction is, that at least 10 players must have a ranking for the counting month on it. so it is a competition for at least 10 players, not less. the top and best one will get the admin right for this server for the next month.

with this right, you have for sure to follow the rules of the [SWISS] clan. you will find them on top right at www.swiss-clan-site.enjin.com. but you will loose it immediately, if you do not follow them.

enjoy and good luck !

btw: each month, the statistics will be deleted to start from the beginning.

Offline Alex

Re: competition: get admin rights on [SWISS] servers
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, July 04, 2015, 15:13:24 PM »
This doesn't seem like a good way to get responsible admins.

Offline =IHF=^Napalm

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, July 04, 2015, 16:28:50 PM »
This doesn't seem like a good way to get responsible admins.

...mmm...thats right  :rtfm:

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, July 04, 2015, 17:24:21 PM »
The concept of best player is very ambiguous... Since there are no competition how can someone be the best?
The best is who wins more, fact. Pubstarts, at least most of them, were never any good in competition.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, July 04, 2015, 17:47:02 PM »
sure, I did know that you have better ideas to get the players back....
could you please show me your ideas now? I am looking forward to hear from some very good ideas of you...

why do you think this should not work. you will see, this will be a good way to have other players back to play - like at bcd.

even you are very welcome to join and try it out. maybe first play, after you can complain a bit. ok?

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, July 04, 2015, 17:49:45 PM »
The concept of best player is very ambiguous... Since there are no competition how can someone be the best?
The best is who wins more, fact. Pubstarts, at least most of them, were never any good in competition.

you can have a look at the clan page. go to server tab and select for example the 1st server. there you will find SF Extraction playing map - and - the top players. the 1st at this ranking will get admin rights next month.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, July 05, 2015, 07:38:39 AM »
sure, I did know that you have better ideas to get the players back....
could you please show me your ideas now? I am looking forward to hear from some very good ideas of you...

why do you think this should not work. you will see, this will be a good way to have other players back to play - like at bcd.

even you are very welcome to join and try it out. maybe first play, after you can complain a bit. ok?

Merlin, i understand your reasons and i see this kind of thing as an experiment, maybe 1 month worth of serveradmin rights is too much though. Aside of the obvious issues you might come up with if someone who's not in everyone's liking or isn't behaving nicely becomes your monthly best player.

Offline ronski

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, July 05, 2015, 08:12:08 AM »
Merlin, i understand your reasons and i see this kind of thing as an experiment, maybe 1 month worth of serveradmin rights is too much though. Aside of the obvious issues you might come up with if someone who's not in everyone's liking or isn't behaving nicely becomes your monthly best player.

That's true, we have already too many server admins that acts like God and uses their rights in wrong way. Although the guy who wins needs to work a bit to achieve that, so maybe the ones who you wouldn't like to see as an admin will not take a part to this. Hopefully this works.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, July 05, 2015, 08:24:04 AM »
sure, this is a point i did look at before i was doing it.
but the positive points on it are much more for. but the winners for admin rights have to follow the rules of us. if not, they will loose admin rights immediately.

also i do control all messages by players which i can proof if nessessary (and others).

the main goal for me is that some players, which do play nice, fair and very often, dont have control over time, maps and others. therefor i did this, to give them a chance without beeing a clan member.

so i promise you i will take hands on this - you will not be kicked without any reasons on our servers - if so, it will happen only once - or you did a mistake :D

thanks for the participations about that all. enjoy your day
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 05, 2015, 08:28:01 AM by [SWISS]Merlin »

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
  • AA: Lord-of-War
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, July 05, 2015, 11:21:20 AM »
As I said I personally think it is a nice idea.I am not good enough to ever be the best player in a month - but I am sure others can
achieve that and get their reward for it.
You just have to teach that person how to be an admin (console commands and all that)
I actually have no clue how that all works cause I was only a member of a clan for a short while and have never tried it.

But all in all the concept is good to attract players and shouldn't be criticized - not many people think of new ways to better the game or give some
variety.

Thumbs up from me  :up:

Lord-of-War  :style:
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 05, 2015, 11:53:00 AM by Lord-of-War »
"the world is basically a forced labor camp from which the workers - all innocents - are led forth by lottery, a few each day, to be executed," Cormac McCarthy

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, July 05, 2015, 13:16:36 PM »
The main goal for me is that some players, which do play nice, fair and very often, dont have control over time, maps and others. therefore i did this to give them a chance without being a clan member.

Best of luck with that - sounds as a meritocratic approach, it is an interesting experiment if there's continuity and some positive results.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, July 05, 2015, 13:20:00 PM »
The thought behind it is genuinely nice, however it does leave room for a fair bit of scepticism.

Having not looked at the rankings you're using, I'm not 100% sure what the "best" player really is, maybe it's points, maybe it's kills, maybe it's fragrate or maybe it's a combination of the above, but I do believe this is something that should also be mentioned in the announcement.

But let's see what happens :)
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, July 05, 2015, 17:00:53 PM »
thank you all for the feedback.
the kills doing the ranking :)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, July 07, 2015, 01:57:58 AM »
Having not looked at the rankings you're using, I'm not 100% sure what the "best" player really is, maybe it's points, maybe it's kills, maybe it's fragrate or maybe it's a combination of the above, but I do believe this is something that should also be mentioned in the announcement.

But let's see what happens :)

the ranking is done all about the honors - divided by 100 (1265 honors = 13 points)

Offline -[unR]BENDAWICH

« Reply #14 on: Friday, July 10, 2015, 19:18:38 PM »
Hypothetically speaking could i ban t3ddy if i won?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager