Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Closing of Assist - Game Over  (Read 28091 times)

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
Re: Closing of Assist - Game Over
« Reply #165 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 10:34:27 AM »
how stupid are you, he deleted things so they could not be used anymore, not to hide anything.
it was his decission to add such thing and his decision to terminate it.

last idc about it all, I just want the game back. and looks who talks abou Law, the guy that DDoS web servers, breaks game EULAs and lots of laws aswell :) you'r dirty as Jonny could be MrEpicGoat
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 10:38:05 AM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline -Diesel.iNv-

« Reply #166 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 10:38:13 AM »
how stupid are you, he deleted things so they could not be used anymore, not to hide anything.

So if i kill a man with a gun and then dispose of that gun. I could say that I wasnt destroying evidence, I just didnt want it to be used anymore.

Offline Darkjello769

« Reply #167 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 10:38:35 AM »

Im not stupid. I knew what the game was the moment my information was obtained. If you had any brains and really think that days upon months of coding could be deleted so quickly because he didnt have to hide anything is pure stupidity.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 10:39:14 AM »
Better yet, how do I make sure this fucking trojan is off my computer.

Lol u that stupid? If you're so worried about a stupid Trojan, wipe you're fucking hard drive clean dummie

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 10:39:38 AM »
So if i kill a man with a gun and then dispose of that gun. I could say that I wasnt destroying evidence, I just didnt want it to be used anymore.
can you make a backup of a Gun ? i guess not, do not compare virtual things to real material things. if someone look for, every files can be found, that's what I meant.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
  • AA: Dav3
« Reply #170 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 10:40:31 AM »
Possessed is acting like a fool and making things worse. Are all admins trolls or what? Seriously.

I have analyzed the one of the latest builds of 25Assist and it indeed contains backdoor code/functionality. Whatever JonnyM's reasons are, this is not tolerable in the slightest as it represents an abuse of trust towards the users. Installing malware on the machines of users is by no means a solution and is punishable by international cyber-law.
Seeing as the admins have now also openly admitted to it on the forums, there is absolutely no doubt about what he has done, strengthened furthermore by the fact that he erased everything in an attempt to hide the evidence. Too bad that many of us still have 25Assist builds, and I personally have at least the latest 4-5.

If anyone wants to take action against him, you can file a complaint at http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx and provide them with all the necessary proof (forums logs/screens, assist builds since they will be analyzing them themselves...)

If you want to know more about it:
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1030
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_Fraud_and_Abuse_Act
http://www.ncsl.org/issues-research/telecom/computer-hacking-and-unauthorized-access-laws.aspx

Trojan or not, it allowed him to gain unauthorized access to the PCs of users without their consent, and thus acted like a trojan. You might want to read more about the definition, both historical and legal. The ToS wont protect you, as it is not above the law, and what you did clearly breaks it.

So trojan like but not a trojan.

Well said, thanks for the info. This and other questions raised should all be addressed in the 1st post for everyone to see.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 10:42:38 AM »
Possessed is acting like a fool and making things worse. Are all admins trolls or what? Seriously.

So trojan like but not a trojan.

Well said, thanks for the info. This and other questions raised should all be addressed in the 1st post for everyone to see.
it wasn't me Who shut it down, I have nothing to hide, if Jonny whants he can make an account and post, I mostly speak for my self not for anyone here nor for Assist project as it is curretly Down;

Offline Darkjello769

« Reply #172 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 10:43:59 AM »
it wasn't me Who shut it down, I have nothing to hide, if Jonny whants he can make an account and post, I mostly speak for my self not for anyone here nor for Assist project as it is curretly Down;

No but your insulting people and talking out your ass.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 10:45:06 AM »
No but your insulting people and talking out your ass.
how am I insulting You Mr. Backdoored?

Offline Kaz

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 10:45:20 AM »
Using hacks its also a insult to some ppl and yet you....

Offline denial.

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 10:45:32 AM »
Well I used the assist client to find out who was actually hacking by searching through files ages ago as I realised as soon as I downloaded it that it had backdoor functionality. I'll post the list within the next couple of days after i see what the situation here turns into. Needless to say this list would've ruined the community if I released it prior to this drama. x

Offline Darkjello769

« Reply #176 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 10:46:32 AM »
quote author=Possessed link=topic=4044.msg54136#msg54136 date=1378824306]
how am I insulting You Mr. Backdoored?[/quote]

how stupid are you, he deleted things so they could not be used anymore,

Your snide remarks are pathetic.

Offline Darkjello769

« Reply #177 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 10:47:36 AM »
Using hacks its also a insult to some ppl and yet you....

If you even attempted to read anything about my ban you would know i wasnt hacking. Which was even stated in the forum by the admins.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 10:49:25 AM »
Dark, you just Said that you're Stupid. not me.

If you even attempted to read anything about my ban you would know i wasnt hacking. Which was even stated in the forum by the admins.
cheat files were found, that was well said there.

Offline dtruesdale

« Reply #179 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 10:49:41 AM »
For assist it's

I will continue on the quest of the source. All it took was one asshole to turn this into what it is. Instead of it properly being handled it has now been killed completely by ignorant idiots. You wanted to play you get to play AA$ that is no more AA2 or Assist.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager