Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Closing of Assist - Game Over  (Read 28096 times)

Offline -Diesel.iNv-

Re: Closing of Assist - Game Over
« Reply #150 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 10:17:42 AM »
Illegally hacking into donating players property. Good one guys :up:

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
  • AA: Dav3
« Reply #151 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 10:18:53 AM »
a Trojan won't shut down :) trojan is something that fucks up ur PC and steal ur Bank info :D
I've messed with trojans when I was a kid lol and i've had some infecting my PC:(

what does that even mean, wont shut down?

So everyones comp is still infected? Is it some "custom trojan" Or a known one that most AV's should pick up?

All of these questions and more should be made known, and EASILY known to everyone.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #152 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 10:20:54 AM »

All of these questions and more should be made known, and EASILY known to everyone.
Asisst isn't a Trojan nor has a Trojan on it(even with past report, wich was a false positive and no AV would remove a real treat.)
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline -Diesel.iNv-

« Reply #153 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 10:21:32 AM »
Better yet, how do I make sure this fucking trojan is off my computer.

Offline Darkjello769

« Reply #154 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 10:21:35 AM »
Yes... with the new assists anti cheat as i have stated twice now. They illegal got into your computer and was able to search through it looking for anything they wanted. Which is illegal obviously. This is why johnny deleted everything to get rid of the evidence and left. What im saying should have been the start of this whole topic. This is what should have been said so you could have saved 11+ pages of bullshit.

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 10:21:42 AM »
Dav3 are you really that naive?

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 10:22:40 AM »
Asisst isn't a Trojan nor has a Trojan on it(even with past report, wich was a false positive and no AV would remove a real treat.)

So quit beating around the bush. Seriously.

Is trojan maybe too technical or not a 100% spot on definition? Maybe you "enabled the ability to view and access peoples computer similar but not the exact same as a trojan?"

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 10:24:07 AM »
Yes... with the new assists anti cheat as i have stated twice now. They illegal got into your computer and was able to search through it looking for anything they wanted. Which is illegal obviously. This is why johnny deleted everything to get rid of the evidence and left. What im saying should have been the start of this whole topic. This is what should have been said so you could have saved 11+ pages of bullshit.

Exactly, dragging this on. Beating around the bush. Saying "no" to this n that. Truly frustrating

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 10:26:28 AM »
When you download and use a software despite of TOS, you're responsable. as well the soft maker.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Offline dtruesdale

« Reply #159 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 10:27:03 AM »

Offline Darkjello769

« Reply #160 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 10:28:27 AM »
When you download and use a software despite of TOS, you're responsable. as well the soft maker.

Oh, so im responsible for not being aware that someone has illegally backdoored into my pc making available my financial statements/passwords. Anything else stupid that you want to say?

Offline -Diesel.iNv-

« Reply #161 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 10:30:07 AM »

absolutely not true.

Offline Goat

« Reply #162 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 10:30:55 AM »
I have analyzed the one of the latest builds of 25Assist and it indeed contains backdoor code/functionality. Whatever JonnyM's reasons are, this is not tolerable in the slightest as it represents an abuse of trust towards the users. Installing malware on the machines of users is by no means a solution and is punishable by international cyber-law.
Seeing as the admins have now also openly admitted to it on the forums, there is absolutely no doubt about what he has done, strengthened furthermore by the fact that he erased everything in an attempt to hide the evidence. Too bad that many of us still have 25Assist builds, and I personally have at least the latest 4-5.

If anyone wants to take action against him, you can file a complaint at http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx and provide them with all the necessary proof (forums logs/screens, assist builds since they will be analyzing them themselves...)

If you want to know more about it:
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1030
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_Fraud_and_Abuse_Act
http://www.ncsl.org/issues-research/telecom/computer-hacking-and-unauthorized-access-laws.aspx

a Trojan won't shut down :) trojan is something that fucks up ur PC and steal ur Bank info :D
I've messed with trojans when I was a kid lol and i've had some infecting my PC:(

Trojan or not, it allowed him to gain unauthorized access to the PCs of users without their consent, and thus acted like a trojan. You might want to read more about the definition, both historical and legal. The ToS wont protect you, as it is not above the law, and what you did clearly breaks it.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 10:32:06 AM »
Oh, so im responsible for not being aware that someone has illegally backdoored into my pc making available my financial statements/passwords. Anything else stupid that you want to say?
you better guard your financial info better :)
don't worry, I will not use my new International Credit Card.  :P

Offline Darkjello769

« Reply #164 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 10:34:04 AM »
you better guard your financial info better :)
don't worry, I will not use my new International Credit Card.  :P

My best anti virus is myself. I dont download anything i seem as potentionaly harmful to my computer or info. Assist should never EVER had the power to gain access to my computer file information ESPECIALLY without my knowledge. I would have uninstalled assist a long time ago.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager