Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Closing of Assist - Game Over  (Read 28110 times)

Offline dtruesdale

Re: Closing of Assist - Game Over
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 08:02:42 AM »
The way I understand it, it's not about that kind of 'legal'

I understand that, I  guess everyone things PB doesn't do this......... interesting. The new PB scans the system for known processes and files so how is it any different? Only difference Assist did it. Since Assist is a free program all it needs is a simple Warning with an agree check box to be installed saying this programs does this blah blah blah..... if you agree you can play if not then it won't run.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 08:05:25 AM »
Ok sorry, I didn't see that far ;) Kinda not bad solution, but I personally have no experience (other than my name) about legal or non-legal things

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 08:05:40 AM »
actually the ac did went a bit far when it comes to searching for cheat files on users :D
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline waNted

« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 08:10:09 AM »
Sad to hear, but this day had to come sooner or later
they see me ROLLIN' they HATIN'

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 08:11:10 AM »
Fun while it lasted, aa3 @ aa4 still alive

Offline dtruesdale

« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 08:12:07 AM »
actually the ac did went a bit far when it comes to searching for cheat files on users :D

Ok then let's discuss acquiring the real source for AAO 2 from AA. so it can be upgraded or talk to the PB guys about maybe updating PB to be used with AAO 2. There are options here.

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 08:12:44 AM »

Only the naive ones hadn't realize that...

Offline waNted

« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 08:13:58 AM »
Guess that, if I remember well, some1 already tried to get the pb guys, but they said that the game will not be supported
they see me ROLLIN' they HATIN'

Offline Gullix

• View Profile
  • AA: Gullix
« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 08:15:35 AM »
PLEASE...Need to keep this game alive..:((
(s3xy.L3oN!d@$)

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 08:17:45 AM »

Fortunately for me you didn't find my files :)

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 08:19:03 AM »
we didn't even tried LOL :D and we won't if it revive some Year.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Offline dtruesdale

« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 08:19:48 AM »
Then we go after the source code. just so everyone knows PB does this "PunkBuster usually searches for known cheat program signatures as opposed to relying on a heuristic approach." I think they won't support it due to it won't support their new version of PB.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 08:21:50 AM »
Then we go after the source code. just so everyone knows PB does this "PunkBuster usually searches for known cheat program signatures as opposed to relying on a heuristic approach." I think they won't support it due to it won't support their new version of PB.
the game belongs to the Army, the Army doesn't wan't to pay PB to support it anymore and aswell dosn't want AA2 anymore. thats it.

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 08:23:32 AM »

Actually they could find whatever they want, whether or not assist files...

Offline dtruesdale

« Reply #89 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 08:24:16 AM »
the game belongs to the Army, the Army doesn't wan't to pay PB to support it anymore and aswell dosn't want AA2 anymore. thats it.

You ust stated it belongs to the Army, it can't it was payed for using tax payer money so it belongs to the people so it has to be made open to the public that is why it is a free game. SO if you want to attempt to acquire the source code send me a message and we will make a run at it.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager