Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Closing of Assist - Game Over  (Read 28092 times)

Offline Ganja

Re: Closing of Assist - Game Over
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 07:05:14 AM »
this way killurcan hoping to kill you all again from tree.

you made me smile in all this chaos  :up:

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 07:05:28 AM »
I guess you can't edit post on News section, sry killurcan lol.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline killurcan

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 07:15:21 AM »
all people want is the truth i was taught never to lie tell us the truth can anyone else take over and manage the aa assist site so we can play surely its not up to one man if you tell us whats happened maybe some of the guys on here can  figure it out there not thick and we deserve the chance absolute disgrace to abandon everyone this way killurcan hoping to kill you all again from tree.

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 07:17:50 AM »
all people want is the truth i was taught never to lie tell us the truth can anyone else take over and manage the aa assist site so we can play surely its not up to one man if you tell us whats happened maybe some of the guys on here can  figure it out there not thick and we deserve the chance absolute disgrace to abandon everyone this way killurcan hoping to kill you all again from tree.

After 4 times we get it, also it's horrible to read without interpunction

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline Kaz

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 07:22:20 AM »
thank you .. ) , helios , phixion & other friends( ..nuff said .

Offline dtruesdale

« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 07:37:26 AM »
The only AAO that had a linux version and now I have no AAO for now. If it was a legal issue with AA,that can be worked around. If it is all personal why not pass the torch to someone else? As Merlin said there is always a way. Some of us depend on software such as this to play games of this nature. Now I have to go back to the gaming community and report that we don't have AAO after I Just filled everyone in. It was fun almost hitting 23 again. Short run but fun.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 07:48:18 AM »
Quote from: JonnyM
The Cheat/Hack coders kept pushing us and pushing us and to try and keep on top of things and detect the cheats they were using we had to develop some anti-cheat methods that were possibly crossing some legal boundrys in their usage. We're not really sure without taking legal advice but non of us want to risk getting prosecuted for working for free on a free game so the system has been shutdown.

a msg for your guys.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Offline dtruesdale

« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 07:52:21 AM »
a msg for your guys.

Ok so legal, they have abandoned AAO 2 they moved on to 3 and now 4. They make no profit from the game I would almost bet if contacted they would turn it over to the community with no issues. The engine is old and the source is probably intact. Has that ever been approached?

Offline [Majestic]tidididi

« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 07:52:29 AM »

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
  • AA: Lord-of-War
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 07:54:26 AM »
Hi Guys,

I am very sad  :(  to hear about these recent developments.Is this now really the end?What must we all do at night now?
It is very unfair to let down like 5000 + players who have been very loyal to this game - made friendships and invested
thousands of hours of their spare time to patiently get their honors kills and score improved.

If it is only because someone hacked whatever he hacked or because of personal feelings of the creator of assist25 i think this is very selfish and it doesnt justify the shutdown of the whole program.

I think everyone of us is very grateful of what you have done to get this server up and running and the amount of time you spent for all the updates and improvements.Please don't let us down.

I begg you : give us our life back  :D
We all love this game

Please think it over

Cheers
Lord-of-War  :style:
"the world is basically a forced labor camp from which the workers - all innocents - are led forth by lottery, a few each day, to be executed," Cormac McCarthy

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 07:54:58 AM »
Ok so legal, they have abandoned AAO 2 they moved on to 3 and now 4. They make no profit from the game I would almost bet if contacted they would turn it over to the community with no issues. The engine is old and the source is probably intact. Has that ever been approached?
you better read and re-read the quote.

Offline Rob_LD

« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 07:55:24 AM »
Privacy is the greatest good.
But if you knew about this border, why did you cross it only for some hacking bastards?

Offline [Majestic]tidididi

« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 07:56:26 AM »
Thank you guys for the possibility to play this game again after official authorization shut down. It was good time time with my friends.

Respect for you. For your free time spent on this project for free, for Sisyphean task with cheaters.

HOOAH.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 07:58:21 AM »

The way I understand it, it's not about that kind of 'legal'

Offline dtruesdale

« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 07:59:50 AM »
you better read and re-read the quote.

I did and if you get the source from AA you won't need the hack detection that you think is pushing boundaries. Also if you think companies like Ubisoft and other don't do this, you are wrong. Some simply detect the offending process or file and won't let the executable run. But if source is obtained the problems can fixed internally.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager