Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Closing of Assist - Game Over  (Read 28095 times)

Offline ibad

• View Profile
Re: Closing of Assist - Game Over
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 05:44:03 AM »
Btw I thought Jonny quit his job here, so why the fuck is he messing with assist

His code, & since Assist isn't Open-Source development, I suppose Johnny owns the copyright (For the code he wrote at least)

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็

Offline SilverBallz

« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 05:45:12 AM »
So Jonny need's aaO...
punch in the face...
a beer...
and a hug?

Jonny bro, where ever you are you can not leave me hanging with a 66 honor! It's cool how you are so passionate about the game and we all know how much time and dedication you put in to bringing the community back. Even if you did leave we are in this together and we are supposed to have each other's  backs.

One for all, all for One
For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this, that one died for all, therefore all died; and He died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. - 2 Corinthians 5:14-15 (NASB)

Offline ibad

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 05:45:39 AM »
His code, & since Assist isn't Open-Source development, I suppose Johnny owns the copyright (For the code he wrote at least)

Also you could look at it this way, gives a chance for someone else to step up and re-code AA 2.5. Im sure homey would still let that person use his API for battletracker.
ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 05:47:16 AM »
This is what happens if you give to much power to an immature pubescent teen.

Mentally ill is the term.

Isn't the whole project published under Sourceforge?
As far as I know you don't need any permission to use/alter those programs (regarding to the licence terms).
You can see part of the source, not that you can rly work on it if the owner doesn't share the complete source there:D

Jonny doesn't want it back, thats why he deleted everything.
25Assist is mainly his own work, some parts of the whole system were build/done by others(You guys have seen it here) etc, he also see some legal issues regarding the "project" or the Assist soft etc, he won't mention any but he doesn't want it back. atm :)

I feel bad for it too, no one here knew that he could come and do it like this;
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 05:51:51 AM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 06:09:04 AM »
thank you for telling the truth!
now my next question is, what can we do to get Jonny back. i can understand hes emotions and the way of react - not very nice but i understand. so i hope Jonny, that we can all do something about that.
you did such a great job with the current version 7.47. let us participate please with this and tell us what we can do to go on. maybe we will live with some hackers, do not give all your power in that. this community can help itself a bit. admins can kick them or others. let's find us a way out, maybe not with all - but please take the time once more and do discuss this with the other admins.
it is really such a great game - would be more than sad not to play it anymore.
thank you very much. my hope did not die :)

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 06:14:53 AM »
there was no discuss, he just went, saw some fact and erased it all. he has no account here anymore(he deleted it as well), hes not open for discussion/suggestion. :( I think i would not talk to him again if hadnt him on insta. msg, and btw it was me who talked to him. he just wants to leave it all behind, he forgot that some ppl have invested in this game as well, he said that it is not worth for ANYONE to have it back...
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 06:19:39 AM »
oh, i understand. but there is always a way. i would like to talk to him if possible. if you get any information about how to contact him, please let me know.
there is always a way, beleave it. maybe it will be hard to get that all back, but it is possible for sure. and no one of the community should now talk bs about anything, specialy not about the "father of aa25assist".
thank you

Offline Ganja

« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 06:23:26 AM »
Criticism won't get the game back guys.

Offline RednaS)x(

« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 06:24:36 AM »
Damn I know my timing ...

Started downloading AA25ASSIST yesterday, played a couple of SF Hospital rounds .. fired it up today and it's down.

Now as I have literally no say in this, I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed playing again!

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 06:33:32 AM »
Really sad to hear. I hope Jonny will sleep out of his current state and bring the assist back. Imagine all the time that everyone in the admin team had to donate to get this project working. That would be such a waste to let it go to waste. Even if there are only 10 players a day playing it. ITS WORTH IT. Jonny if you are reading this - We all are grateful for what you have done. Don't take it away from us.

Offline mamerize

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 06:40:20 AM »
Now, we all crying... but some people always critics all the time. Less appreciations.
Donate a money & buy it from him...is it possible?. It will become truly community project.

Offline milkmegently

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 06:42:03 AM »
so everything depended on the stuff that was deleted? or is there any other way to be able to play again? could anyone explain to me the way it worked till yesterday? (a link would help aswell) last time i played the army still "hosted" the auth for 2.x
thanks in advance

Offline shadi123

« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 06:51:52 AM »
nooooooooooo this is my fav game i spend half of my life playing this game noway  i'm dreaming right guys plz somebody say that  i'm dreaming  very sad

Offline killurcan

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 07:02:44 AM »
Unfortunately, it's not an issue of money. Right now, I'm going to host this website and then we might use donation money to continue hosting it on a paid plan. I'll be damned if I'll let the site go down.
all people want is the truth i was taught never to lie tell us the truth can anyone else take over and manage the aa assist site so we can play surely its not up to one man if you tell us whats happened maybe some of the guys on here can  figure it out there not thick and we deserve the chance absolute disgrace to abandon everyone this way killurcan hoping to kill you all again from tree.

Offline killurcan

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 07:04:31 AM »
all people want is the truth i was taught never to lie tell us the truth can anyone else take over and manage the aa assist site so we can play surely its not up to one man if you tell us whats happened maybe some of the guys on here can  figure it out there not thick and we deserve the chance absolute disgrace to abandon everyone this way killurcan hoping to kill you all again from tree.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager