Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Closing of Assist - Game Over  (Read 28097 times)

Offline [seb@s]

• View Profile
Re: Closing of Assist - Game Over
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 04:29:31 AM »
am I not destroying my enemies when i make friends of them?
(A.L.)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 04:39:15 AM »
we really need some more information about the possiblities.
come on, this is a community and not a single man show.
tell it please.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 04:53:48 AM »
Currently, All files including: 7zipped game Files(to download the game) and the Auth server files were erased by Jonny.
the auth machine is down as well. we have the sources but not the 7zipped files, we can even set up the auth/assist again but that depends of getting those 7zipped files and getting Jonny to allow us to use this apps.

Jonny himself choosed to end it that way lol, he went emotional again. we did not knew that he would delete all the stuff.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 04:59:00 AM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline SilverBallz

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 05:08:13 AM »
If you have the sources why not compile them and there would be no need for the zipped binaries Jonny has. Assist was supposed to be an open sourced project from what I understood. Which means we all should have access to the source. We haven't had public access to the source since version 7.12 or something...

One for all, all for One
For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this, that one died for all, therefore all died; and He died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. - 2 Corinthians 5:14-15 (NASB)

Offline [HT]-d0n-@-KeIIo-

• News Authors
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 05:10:49 AM »
so give other guy all rights and files to bring aao back.
or is pit hack aao again?

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 05:11:25 AM »
7zipped files I mentonated are the GAME files it self :)
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Offline SilverBallz

« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 05:16:21 AM »
Everything contained under ArmyOps/ ?
I'm sorry,
I don't understand.
We all have copy of the game files.

One for all, all for One
For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this, that one died for all, therefore all died; and He died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. - 2 Corinthians 5:14-15 (NASB)

Offline milkmegently

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 05:24:10 AM »
Just started playing yesterday after 7 years, and was very pleased with how well the tool works and that there are still full servers with nice ppl, why should you delete files or shut the whole thing down??

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 05:25:56 AM »
Everything contained under ArmyOps/ ?
I'm sorry,
I don't understand.
We all have copy of the game files.
I know, I do have them too. unpacked and all thogether :)

we still need Jonny approval etc.

Offline [HT]-d0n-@-KeIIo-

• News Authors
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 05:27:55 AM »
This project has no files.

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 05:38:09 AM »
one word: lol.

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 05:39:22 AM »
If you indetifi your self whit this game end you get negatieve feetback
Its possible you get this trobble . Jhonny comon man its just a game we all know that and , you dit go to far in this all . Breat a cupple of time diep and think. 

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 05:40:03 AM »
Btw I thought Jonny quit his job here, so why the fuck is he messing with assist

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 05:41:07 AM »
Btw I thought Jonny quit his job here, so why the fuck is he messing with assist.
Honestly the last couple days i've only seen a growing number of players

Offline Rob_LD

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 05:41:37 AM »
This is what happens if you give to much power to an immature pubescent teen.

(...)he went emotional again
Mentally ill is the term.

we still need Jonny approval etc.
Isn't the whole project published under Sourceforge?
As far as I know you don't need any permission to use/alter those programs (regarding to the licence terms).

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager