Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Closing of Assist - Game Over  (Read 28109 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Closing of Assist - Game Over
« on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 02:38:37 AM »
Assist was shut down rapidly to avoid system abuse. We are now talking about bringing it back.

I regret to inform you all that Assist has been shut down. I won't go into any details as to why this has happened. I wish I could have provided advanced notice but it was not possible. There are no plans to bring it back but I would not rule out the (remote) possibility of it coming back in the distant future. This forum will be moved to another host and will remain open as a place for discussion only.

a quote from JonnyM, project creator/leader:
Quote from: JonnyM
The Cheat/Hack coders kept pushing us and pushing us and to try and keep on top of things and detect the cheats they were using we had to develop some anti-cheat methods that were possibly crossing some legal boundrys in their usage. We're not really sure without taking legal advice but non of us want to risk getting prosecuted for working for free on a free game so the system has been shutdown.
[/s]
« Last Edit: Friday, September 13, 2013, 01:23:00 AM by Spanky »
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Bart!

Re: Closing of Assist - Game Over
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 02:43:07 AM »
Wow, that is pretty sad to hear... I really enjoyed playing lately and got a clanmember back as well.

It's not the money, is it?

in that case we have 2 options: use the website as a place to share server information (maybe a server list somewhere) and play on join by ip on either 2.8.5 or 2.5

Offline NinjaMafia

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 02:43:55 AM »
Sad... Just sad...

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 02:45:16 AM »
Unfortunately, it's not an issue of money. Right now, I'm going to host this website and then we might use donation money to continue hosting it on a paid plan. I'll be damned if I'll let the site go down.

Offline Mixk

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 03:07:02 AM »
 :crying:
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline SilverBallz

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 03:10:57 AM »
This has got to be a joke!

One for all, all for One
For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this, that one died for all, therefore all died; and He died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. - 2 Corinthians 5:14-15 (NASB)

Offline Froster

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 03:13:34 AM »
Well that was unexpected..so sad about this.
But since you don't want to talk about it,its alright..and i respect on whatever was the reason for doing that.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 03:19:16 AM »
This has got to be a joke!
I wish it were. It's not.

But since you don't want to talk about it,its alright..and i respect on whatever was the reason for doing that.
I'll go far enough to say that it has to do with hackers.

Offline SilverBallz

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 03:21:47 AM »
People  who cheat in the game or people actually hacking the Auth server?

One for all, all for One
For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this, that one died for all, therefore all died; and He died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. - 2 Corinthians 5:14-15 (NASB)

Offline thefusz

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 03:24:19 AM »
I wish it were. It's not.
I'll go far enough to say that it has to do with hackers.

LOL has to do with hackers? What a bullshit exscuse. It's more than that - #1. If it was just hackers you'd tell us, u have 0 problem telling people some shit like that.
#2. What hackers? Parkway Drive? Lol the nsd fellas, i'd say 98% of the assist population is completely legit, prolly even bigger percentage than that.

Sad to see something like this fail, even after all of the money donated for this all because the admin(s) Drama

Offline thefusz

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 03:27:35 AM »
Nate, stop giving us the bullshit side of the story, and pony up dude. all of us donated payed our money we work hard for to see this go through, we kind of deserve the truth..

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 03:39:39 AM »
oh, come on!!!
this is not true. what can we do to run it again. the only way i would understand that it can not be up and running again would be something about aa4. they don't want us to run aa25, or is it something other?
i would be glad to hear the reason - and there is always a way out of it. so lets talk about that please!
thank you

Offline UNATCO

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 03:42:14 AM »
WTF??!! Hackers always've been a plague of this game, but the simple truth is they come & go, without any trace left, cause hacking don't get U a real joy in this game and never will. Only true soldier stays in aao25 and fights with legit, trained skills! And that's who we all (99% of us??) are - the True Soldiers! Hoah & don't give up man!

PS. We can't quit now, after that all work have been done!

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 03:43:47 AM »
Nate, stop giving us the bullshit side of the story, and pony up dude. all of us donated payed our money we work hard for to see this go through, we kind of deserve the truth..

I've told you all that I'm going to. As far as donations go, I don't know how much is currently in the account. We will see what happens with this site and if it has to be moved to paid hosting or not. Refunding donations is a possibility.

Offline thefusz

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 03:45:40 AM »
 you've told us all your going to? tell us the truth? When?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager